OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No way to stop backing up pictures

I don't want to back up pictures via OneDrive but I want to continue backing up documents and desktop.

I right-click on OneDrive, click on settings, go to the backup tab, click on Manage Backup, UNCLICK the checkmark on pictures (there is no checkmark, only a "Stop Backup" link for Desktop and Documents; there is no link "Stop Backup" for Pictures but only the checkmark which starts checked)... and then what? The message says that unselected folders won't be backed up but THERE IS NO WAY TO SAVE THE SETTING. If I click on the X in the upper-right corner…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync behaviour of removing folders

When enabled retention policy, in SharePoint itself you cannot remove folders with content. However when using OneDrive Sync, you can remove libraries and they are put in the retention preservation folder. This is terrible for shared folders/libraries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seleccion individual de archivos que restaurar al dispositivo o eliminar de onedrive

En la ventana de onedrive que te dice "Desea eliminar los archivos de Onedrive o restaurar los archivos al dispositivo" poder seleccionar individualmente que archivos queremos restaurar y cuales eliminar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. one drive must reach a limit to saving file with same name, gives error and requires new filename

unlimited synching of filename reaches limit and requires a new file name to use if file is left open for hours/overnight

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync a shared folder from a Work or School account to a Personal account

Anyone outside of the organization should be able to sync a shared folder with their personal account. We work with contractors and consultants daily that should not be required to sign up for a Work account or we should not have to add a guest account that they have to set up separately from their personal account. It is too complicated. Just allow shares to sync for any type of account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sync a shared folder from a Work or School account to a Personal account

Anyone outside of the organization should be able to sync a shared folder with their personal account. We work with contractors and consultants daily that should not be required to sign up for a Work account or we should not have to add a guest account that they have to set up separately from their personal account. It is too complicated. Just allow shares to sync for any type of account.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Onedrive Files on Demand Server 2019 Storage Sense GPO

Unfortunately you cannot use the Windows 10 1903 GPO ADMX Storage Sense GPO with server 2019.
    We need the Storage Sense GPO on Server 2019 for a RDS/VDI environment.
    The storage sense feature is there on server 2019 but we cannot centrally manage it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. preview for ARW file

need to show the preview for ARW type file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a Property called 'Can not be Synched' of a OneDrive Folder, this will mean when you select 'Choose Folders' the folder will not appear

Have a Property called 'Can not be Synched' on a OneDrive Folder, this is the online folder not the desktop folde,r. Have this set to true will mean this will mean when you select 'Choose Folders' the folder will not appear in the list of folders. If the folder property is changed after it is already syching then an error in the Desktop app appears with something like 'This Folder is no longer Sycnhing because the online folder property has been set 'do not synch' either change the Property to resume sycnhing or move the items from this folder somewhere…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a pc version of ONEDRIVE as well as Android or IOS.

With the IOS / Android version of Onedrive it is possible to annotate PDF documents directly from ONEDRIVE. It is possible to zoom or move a PDF document easily which is not the case with ONEDRIVE PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Passwords Storage in Personal Vault

A notebook, typeable, in Personal Vault, to keep Accounts Passwords. Better to be like iCloud KeyChain or 1passwords.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. i find it worst. my experince is worst. half of my files are synced and half are not synced just bz of that i m not able to work on my data

its better for youn to sync all the files. dont do this that half of things you have synced and half you left

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't sync certain file extensions

We have just started using OneDrive for backups as part of our Office 365 subscription. One issue that we've had is with automatically generated files (such as those created when compiling code with Visual Studio... obj, exp, pch, and many more). There can be 1000s of these files in our OneDrive folders and they change each time we do a build. We don't care about the files being backed up and would rather they were excluded. We managed to do this by blocking them through the Office 365 admin pages, but it results in a red cross and 1000s of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive Sync Client Should Pickup Company Name Change automatically

There's a high chance that a tenant can change the "Company Name" for various legitimate business reasons. Currently, OneDrive sync client acts weirdly in that situation by creating two separate instances (folder structures or whatever you call it) when users syncing a new SharePoint library. Very simply, OneDrive should be able to pickup the current name in Office 365 "Company name" attribute and replicate when it gets changed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While using Office I am unable to save anything off the OneDrive. I do not want to save the files on the cloud

While using Office I am unable to save anything off the OneDrive. I do not want to save the files on the cloud. Sad to know that this feature is not available.

Please make this happen.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It shall be virtually presented as other Hard Drive on my PC and easy to access as I do others. Drive shall have capacity of 50GB

Virtual bring newer life to one drive. idea and shall offer larger storage 50 GB minimum

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sync other files even there are any sync issues

Current behavior:
    If there are any sync issue (ex: file using), other files won't be synced.
    Expected behavior
    If there are any sync issue, ignore that file, sync other files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i have no control over my ine drive m it synced everything mand it is niw frozen i cannot get files on demand

i simply have no control iver my one drive m it synced a lot of data even ny updates and i am unable to install those m leading to freezing of my laptop ,the one drive is full 5 gb and i cannot demand or move anything from it , its frozen so has my laptop

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is there a charge for using one drive?

Is there a charge for using Microsoft Onedrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base