OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a verbose mode for seeing what OneDrive is processing during a sync. It appears hung up, but I'm guessing it is actually working.

Often we change things on our SharePoint which results in the OneDrive sync getting into a lot of activity on the desktop. In this cases, typically OneDrive just says "Processing changes" and provides no insight into what, if anything, is actually happening. This results in users rebooting their machines, which stops the services and actually could be creating more problems.
    Providing at least a verbose mode that could provide more insight into what's happening when needed could help get through these situations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable automatic Windows Explorer opening at login or quit

Please make OneDrive in such way that will not pop up Windows Explorer when login or when user it's quitting OneDrive.

Or put a option in OneDrive and allow user to choose expected behavior when open/close onedrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Synchronize and backup automatic

I hope OneDrive can backup other folders besides documents, for example the folder in Data: D also synchronizes automatically like Google Dr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. gimmi a break

Are you kidding me , that was the worst experience ever. this one drive has been hounding me to set up this stupid vault for weeks. so I figured what the . i go through a 14 step process. blah blah blah, then says add 3 files and you are ready to go. you ready for this. I add 3 files. AND THE THING SAYS YOUR VAULT IS FULL CLICK HERE TO BUY 1 TB. ??? I push away from anything microsoft just like many other do. I spend most of my time evaluating companies for option trading. Microsoft is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Are you people nuts,

Are you kidding me , that was the worst experience ever. this one drive has been hounding me to set up this stupid vault for weeks. so I figured what the . i go through a 14 step process. blah blah blah, then says add 3 files and you are ready to go. you ready for this. I add 3 files. AND THE THING SAYS YOUR VAULT IS FULL CLICK HERE TO BUY 1 TB. ??? I push away from anything microsoft just like many other do. I spend most of my time evaluating companies for option trading. Microsoft is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Sync File Location on onedrive

I have multiple computers that are used for different things and right now if I Auto Sync my files from all devices they get dump into a generic folder on onedrive. I would like to be able to designate where my PC Sync Folders Sync to on onedrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync data from different devices without

Sync data from different devices without,
    As I use different devices to use OneDrive, but whenever I sync my files it merges all the files from "Desktop, Documents & Pictures" folder into one, making it confusing which file is from which computer.

Please improve this functionality or add this feature so that we can organise our data in a much better way.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it work! It doesn't work for ****! I spend days trying to get video to load, it says it's loaded but it never is no matter the size of

Sync or upload, it simply does not work! The One Drive is a program that has never worked right and I've wasted weeks trying to get video to load. Fix the *** program!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it work! It doesn't work for ****! I spend days trying to get video to load, it says it's loaded but it never is no matter the size of

Sync or upload, it simply does not work! The One Drive is a program that has never worked right and I've wasted weeks trying to get video to load. Fix the *** program!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add File-On-Demand Feature on Windows 8.1 OneDrive for Business app

Add File-On-Demand Feature on Windows 8.1 OneDrive for Business app.
    The native Windows 8.1's OneDrive App is very buggy and the user can not add business account to it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bizimle paylaşılan dosyalar OneDrive klasöründe gözükmüyor kolay erişim sağlanamıyor

Bizimle paylaşılan dosyalar OneDrive klasöründe gözükmüyor kolay erişim sağlanamıyor güncelleme ile kesinlikle düzeltilmesi gerek

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Process priority into admx

Could you please add process priority option into admx, setting onedrive process to low really help to make computer responsive again and stop crashing without increasing the sync time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive无法同步

OneDrive for Windows 10 无法同步

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When OneDrive finds a file that needs to be renamed show the file. One drive fails to automatically rename, but does not display the file n

When OneDrive finds a file name that needs to be renamed, show the file name and when I click on file name either open in in Explorer for me to rename or allow me to rename there.

OneDrive is kicking on a file and when I click let OneDrive rename (something I should never have to do) it fails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to rearrange Folders in what ever order you want

I had a user ask if they could rearrange the folders in what ever order they wanted because they might access a certain folder more than other folders, and it seems to default to sorting them alphabetically. You can rearrange files but not folders. Seems like an oversight.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sort-rename-or-move-photos-and-files-in-onedrive-01628e6d-9d2c-4298-a1f0-933e5b20a8bf

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Desktop Files

Thanks for the app. It's been a great option for storing my files across multiple devices.

Would love if the files on my desktop could display showing the first page of each file (eg, File A, a book, displays the cover of that book - as it used to be until several weeks ago), rather than displaying the bland red and white 'pdf'.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 能够设置同步完成后自动关机

能够设置同步完成后自动关机,在公司PC上每次下班之后设置同步完成后自动关机,避免了下班后要等待同步完成需要手动关电脑

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use the new input model for share dialogs

The web based share dialog that appears when you select the share option in the context menu uses the old compatibility input model. By simply adding the app's executable file name as a DWORD to 'Computer\HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURENINPUTLEGACYMODE' with a value of 0 it enables a far better touch screen experience when working with text and when scrolling. This is an easy fix and has existed for years. I think it would make the experience far better for touch screen users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. There are no options for stop syncing in OneDrive now it kept adding folders to my desktop and is really annoying!!!

There are no options to stop syncing files, there are only options for pause syncing and One Drive is adding screenshots to File Explorer and taking up my disk space.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base