OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable File on Demand features in Windows 2016 Server

Enable File on Demand features in Windows 2016

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shortcut

It’s a bit of a hassle to open the Explorer and open the Onedrive folder every day. Can you set a shortcut, such as the F12 button, to open it if needed?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. its too early to comment on this cloud storage, may be i need to familiarize myself with cloud and then explore this option,

it should work fast (sync) and more importantly support team should use Microsoft team application in order to help the users, not just via phone which i firmly believe doesnt help the user to fix the issue over phone conversation. If support team DOESNT use "Microsoft team" whats the point to develop this application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Requesting for a feature to recover deleted users’ OneDrive for Business only

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    削除済みユーザーの OneDrive for Business 単体で復元可能な機能を提供してほしい。
    Requesting for a feature to recover deleted users’ OneDrive for Business only
    ■Description(内容):
    削除済みユーザーの OneDrive for Business のデータを取り出すためにユーザーを復元すると、当該ユーザーのメールボックスも同時に復元が行われてしまう。
    OneDrive for Business 単体で復元可能な機能を提供してほしい
    If a deleted user gets recovered due to the need to retrieve that users’ OneDrive for Business data, the users’ mailbox will get recovered as well. Thus I hope for a feature that allows for just the recovery of OneDrive for Business.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make timeout adjustable or make it so timeout doesn't occur during file transfers

make timeout adjustable or make it so timeout works with file or data transfer so it doesn't time out in the middle of moving a large file or many files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. auto power off after sync is done

there must be an option to turn off device automaticly after sync is done. we left it over night to upload, and the pc turns off after it's done. i would love that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop asking for phone verification. Not all people have or want phones. Or they don't want you to know their number.

Stop asking for phone verification. Not all people have or want phones. Or they don't want you to know their number.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring back sync to local laptop ! (please !!)

OneDrive has changed to put all files in the cloud. Sync is gone. The user can download a file to a laptop to work offline, but then would need to upload it again to keep OneDrive updated. Opening a file, Excel for ex, uses the web/online version of Excel. The online version is not as robust as the Office365 desktop version. M$ assumes I will always have internet access - not true!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive always show me 1 coment pending to send. Show me I have 1 notification, and I don't like it, so I try to comment and wait it left..

My sugestion is don't push me to comment to disappear it. Also in other devices I comment and still show 1 pending comment. For me is a distraction don't add me value and distract me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sync Issues on Windows 10 for One drive

One drive should automatically sync new contents or items on Windows 10 in One drive folder created on desktop or laptop. As of now, we need to rename folders, sync and then rename it.Multiple times have to go online to One drive and sync and rename it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Request for a feature to limit access to OneNote

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneNote の利用を制限する機能の実装要望
    Request for a feature to limit access to OneNote
    ■Description(内容):
    ブラウザーやアプリから OneDrive for Business 上の OneNote へのアクセスを制御する機能が提供されていないため、制御ができない状況である。
    Office 365 上の OneNote を利用禁止とするため、OneDrive for Business 上の OneNote へのアクセスを制御する機能の実装を要望いたします。
    Currently there is no function to limit the access to OneNote in OneDrive for Business when using browsers and apps.
    As we have prohibited the use of OneNote in Office 365, we hope that a feature to limit access to OneNote in OneDrive for Business will be implemented.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. onedrive在云端直接查找的应用找不到

onedrive不小心给删除了,安装了onedrive。但是onedrive在云端直接查找的应用找不到,如何恢复,目前只有带文件夹的那个onedrive有在电脑里,直接在云端查找的那个onedrive无法恢复和找到,如何恢复?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automate the "Free Up Space" feature

After clicking on several files/folders during the week, add a feature to automatically apply the "FREE UP SPACE" feature on all local files and folders.
    [Maybe a checkbox to select this option when OneDrive is closed]

This would be good for designers who have SSDs and need all the HD Space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 使用OneDrive同步共享库太占系统内存,个人版不会,比如修改一个doc文件的时候不要进行文件更新同步当前doc文件产生的隐藏缓存文件,文档修改关闭后再同步即可

使用OneDrive同步共享库太占系统内存,个人版不会,比如修改一个doc文件的时候不要进行文件更新同步当前doc文件产生的隐藏缓存文件,文档修改关闭后再同步即可

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I hope I can make Chinese people upgrade Onedrive storage space, when we open the upgrade link show 404.

I hope I can make Chinese people upgrade Onedrive storage space, when we open the upgrade link show 404

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Love to sync One note on my pc with my android phone directly.

Are One drive and One cloud the same thing? I just (have to) use One drive/cloud to sync OneNote from pc to Android phone. Would love to do this directly without an extra cloud memory location if that's what's happening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Coffre fort Onedrive synchronisable sur certaines machines choisies seulement

il est inadmissible que le coffre fort descende par défaut sur une machine. le choix des dossiers à synchroniser doit être effectué avant toute installation et à la demande uniquement après une authentification forte systématique, sinon votre coffre fort ne sert à rien !!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Personal Vault results in Search

Personal Vault files do not show up in search results. I couldn't remember where I stored a file, looked everywhere, and then finally remember it MIGHT have been in the Personal Vault. Opened the vault manually and found it there. Frustrating! The very existence of these files isn't a security concern, just their contents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One Drive is a load of **** that randomly deletes files. Destroy it.

One Drive is a load of **** that randomly deletes files. Destroy it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base