OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autosave encrypted files and files in Personal Vault

Enable autosave of encrypted files and files in Personal Vault. This would improve workflows of secure files.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why don't you make Automatically Save Screenshots available in OneDrive Business?

Why don't you make Automatically Save Screenshots available in OneDrive Business? It will be easy for those who want to use it, just check it. For those who do not want to use it, uncheck it. Right now, we hove to open a file in word, excel, powerpoint, etc and paste it. You would save us a ton of steps and time.
    Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please give us an option to pause sync UNTIL I enable it again

I can only pause for 24 hours.. I want to pause for an unlimited amount of time.. until I enable it again from the settings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Files Stored Online should save a pic of each document on the computer drive for preview

Accessing previews of files saved online in one drive and not on the PC is very time consuming ... why can't the file be stored online to save disk space but a preview of the first page of the file be located locally so that the delay in previewing or mistaken opening of the file when trying to preview as it pulls down from the cloud does not occur and the user is able to quickly preview a sample of the file without access to the cloud... ???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive sucks

I hate this program its so obnoxious. Fills up with things I don't want it to and then antagonizes me with these red x's and error notifications when it fills up the measly 5Gb. Im not spending more money to get rid of something I didn't ask for

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. delete shared libraries from listing

If a user's rights are revoked or the Sharepoint site is deleted, remove the Sharepoint name from their OneDrive > Shared Libraries list. Currently, once a user has rights to a Sharepoint site, that name is added to the list and never removed - even if the user's rights are removed or the site is deleted. And, you can't manually remove it. (3rd level Microsoft tech verified this).

I have a number of business customers who are using O365 instead of a server and are complaining because old sites are still appearing on their employees OneDrive sites which are causing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. About the problem of synchronous version storage

I'm using OneDrive's synchronization function, but every time I save a file (when I'm writing a document), it saves a version of it in the cloud. This has caused my cloud to take up too much storage space. I only want to save 2~3 versions in the cloud. Is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. About the problem of synchronous version storage

I'm using OneDrive's synchronization function, but every time I save a file (when I'm writing a document), it saves a version of it in the cloud. This has caused my cloud to take up too much storage space. I only want to save 2~3 versions in the cloud. Is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disable synchronization for specific items

It would be great if there was a way to exclude specific files from synchronization, just like how you right click and there is an option to "Always keep on this device".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. this app is driving me mad!

I'd like to turn off automatic uploading and actually choose what I want to save, as I'm deleting stuff to make space the page keeps jumping and refreshing as its adding more stuff that I didn't want to save. very frustrating. should be simple!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. share link quickly with right click

Right click on file > copy OneDrive link
    (a quick option without having to go to the share window that pops up, and with a default to "view only" not "can edit")

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When windows updates and when change password on windows need to accept new data please

fed up everytime an update computer thinks it is a phone and phone thinks it is a desktop and so can't sign in and don't want to sync as this is making it even more time consuming to un tangle it stop it please and now it has gone to the browser so if use google chrome then use microsoft chrome for edge password is not accepted. Either tell me please enter google password or please enter microsoft password. Because I get oops that is wrong all the time. thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello! I think that it would be better if onedrive locked any file that is currently in use rather than creating a second one. I lose files

Hello! I think that it would be better if onedrive locked any file that is currently in use rather than creating a second one. I lose files because of this although my files are relatively small in size,
    thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. onenote fails to connect the oneDrive for business

onenote2016 fails to connect to the oneDrive for business and the system reflect"we cannot connect you-we seems failing to link to one of the serives"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. NOT A ALOW THART PARTY US MY ACOUNT

I ONLY USE FOR LIGALY SISTAM I DONT NO ANY POLESY THANK YOU

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make OneDrive UI into a window

OneDrive UI is okay, but it doesn't have a dedicated window/form. I personally would like to be able to keep my OneDrive GUI screen to open/visible when I want to do multiple actions. It doesn't even have to be much, just a pin icon that makes it act like any other application.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't move files to OneDrive directory

Context:
    When you adopt OneDrive, it moves your Desktop/Documents/etc folders from C:\Users\<username>\ to C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive - <groupname>. Which messes up symlinks, (poorly programmed) software, and user training. While some aspects of this can be mitigated by the deployer by providing a long lead time; this runs contrary to the idea that "easy to use" and amount of training that's needed for people to have to adopt.

Current workaround:
    You can hardlink a directory from your existing directories to the OneDrive directory. This has the effect of having the same folder in two places. The drawback is that OneDrive seems to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Maintain file creation and modification dates when uploading files to OneDrive for Business

When files are uploaded to OneDrive for Business the file creation and modification dates are changed to the time of the upload. If you do a batch upload there is no way to sort the files by date or time. It would be extremely helpful if you had the option of maintaining these file designations when uploading or syncing to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sincronizar Onedrive

Sincronizar archivos al iniciar windows, transcurrido un tiempo para no ralentizar el equipo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base