OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Multiple desktop bakckup mode. I do n’t want the content of the company ’s computer desktop to appear on my home computer deskto

Please add Multiple desktop bakckup mode. I do n’t want the content of the company ’s computer desktop to appear on my home computer desktop. Now I can only cancel the files one by one without displaying it. This is too much trouble.
    And many shortcuts and icons are invalid.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sugestão

Olá. O OneDrive para Windows deveria permitir a escolha das pastas que quero sincronizar. Teria que ter uma opção para eu navegar no computdor, navegar nas pastas e subpastas para eu conseguir ir selecionando as pastas que quero sincronizar. Além de permitir que eu escolha uma pasta compartilhada na rede como \\192.168.0.1\compartilhamento. Dou esta sugestão porque o Google Drive para computador oferece este recurso e eu acho super interessante.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Agregar Comando actualizar al menu de One Drive PC

Deberían colocar un comando para poder actualizar los datos de la nube en forma manual, esto es porque pongo la info en la nube y no descarga automaticamente esta a la PC, tengo que esperar, la sincronizacion no es automatica.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable OneDrive to use Delivery Optimization

All MS patches and also Office have moved to DO. OneDrive could leverage this to improve caching and transfers, especially in organizations where onedrive files are cached locally across the network by the corporate users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to sync shorcuts or not

Simply just allow to right click and toggle sync shortcut or not, while seems very simple we must add this feature just the sake of broken icons in other computers.
    For myself I find this very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Request Files" for 365 Personal, Too!

Request Files is an awesome tool that allows people who are not on your account to upload files. Like, your sister who wants to give you some digital pictures. Or, your former student who wants to share a memory. Or, your attorney who wants you to look over some documents. Whatever. There are lots of reasons why a non-business user needs this function. Right now, we're using a competitor (D-box) that may not be as secure nor as integrated into our Office life. Please, make this feature available to everyone!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Améliorer les performances

La synchronisation prends des heures et occupe une grosse partie de la puissance processeur :-(

> Besoin impérieux d'améliorer les performances.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Retention policies

When defining a global retention policy add options to customise it to exclude specific folders and file extensions of choice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Develop a feature that allows user to back up selected files only. OneDrive backs up working files. its very annoying to see OneDrive start

make this easy for users PLEASE! Otherwise will find a cloud that lets me decide what files I save.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make OneDrive user friendly!

In my mind, OneDrive WORD should match desktop version more closely. Why are HEADER and FOOTERS not visible unless you go to print the document? Also you cannot create custom STYLES nor can you create TEMPLATES to follow. These would greatly add to the business version of OneDrive since most organizations want uniformity within their documents. Overall would appreciate the layout to look more consistent with desktop version.

If these possibilities already exist, please inform me how to use them. I have not been able to figure it out, which is why I'm advocating for OneDrive to become more user…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding possibility not to send link automatically when person is added to "People you specify can view"

I have files (training videos) which need to be sent to users outside company for review. E.g. I have folder with 20 files of which I need to send 15 files to one user. When I add user to "People you specify can view" OneDrive will send one mail with link for every single file i want to share - in case above 15 mails.

I want to send 1 mail with all links:

Solution

When you go to Manage access trough Right Click / Share / File_Name / Manage access / This link works for / type mail /…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. send/recieve

inserimento di un tasto che sincronizza manualmente, spesso la
    sincronizzazione non è immediata, devo metterla in pausa e farla ripartire manualmente
    in fede
    leonardo profeta

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show sharepoint libraries and onedrive files in one client

On Android OneDrive App shows multiple accounts and personal files and libraries in one client. This is very convenient.

On Win 10 the OneDrive App does not do this. I have my one drive win 10 app which does not show my libraries.
    Plus there are 2 icons in my task bar. One for the personal, one for the business acount.

This is all very confusing. Why can't there be one onedrive app (and also taskbar icon) where I can switch between accounts. And why does the win 10 app do not show the libraries within the app?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to pin the OneDrive status window

Currently, the OneDrive client disappears as soon as you click off of it. It would be nice to have the ability to pin it so it stays open. There are times I prefer to watch which files, if any, are being synced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. pause one item on onedrive or set priority

let me pause or set a future time for uploading a file.
    sometimes i want to put the files in the onedrive folder, but prefer some other files to upload first.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Уберите эту ерунду

Она мне не нужна и не удаляется эта гадость мешающая мне

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base