OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow OneDrive to sync .lnk shortcuts

Trying to sync .link shortcuts causes sync error unless changes are made to permissions, please allow it to normally sync to avoid hassle

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vault locked Notification should not be a RED X.

re: the badge notification. To me, a RED X to mean something is broken. It's not broken. In fact, it's actually good news. Even a green check would be better. (then it's still different than the unlocked mode).

I don't need to unlock my vault every time I'm in Windows. But I do find it annoying to have a red X in my workspace when nothing is wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive detect long file names

I haven't come across a way to detect the files with long names. It would be a fantastic addition if OneDrive can throw a warning message with file names and locations that are way too long to handle.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a lot of pictures run through Picasa and they do not come into focus before the picture changes in the slide show. needed-time adjmn

I need a time adjustment on the 'slide show' function to give my picture time to appear clearly. My pictures have had Picasa editing and seem to take a long time coming into focus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable Retention Labels to be Applied on OneDrive Desktop Client

Enable Explicit and Default Retention Labels to be Applied on OneDrive Desktop Client instead of using the Web Version.

Using the Web version to apply these labels is slow and problematic,
    And kills off user adoption of this retention technology.

Can we bake these features into a new version?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to backup files to a separate location when syncing the local PC using the OneDrive for Business sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントでローカル PC と同期し、別の保存先へ自動的にバックアップしたい。
    I want to backup files to a separate location when syncing the local PC using the OneDrive for Business sync client

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントでローカル PC と同期し、同期フォルダーに保存されたデータをバックアップとして保存するため、別の保存先へ自動的にコピーする機能の拡充を要望します。

In order to save files to a separate location as a backup when syncing the local PC using the OneDrive for Business sync client, please add a function that automatically copies files to another location.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 文句は山ほどあり、とても一度では尽くせないので、今後、逐次投稿する。

まず、遠隔サポート(画面共有の)を導入すべし。無理なら、せめて電話によるサポートを。メール交換による方法など、隔靴掻痒で拉致が開かない。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to unlink a folder before it's fully uploaded to OneDrive!

I'm stuck waiting for OneDrive to upload 13 GBs worth of content that is not important for me to access on anything else besides my PC, simply because it refuses to unlink it before it fully uploads it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Wtf, mayor point missing

Dear Support,
    why is only possible to remap folder you are preselected.
    Make it able to select custom folders.

And not only cloud available.
    Make it like the replication function from windows server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Kopieen

Is het mogelijk om kopieen in één keer te verwijderen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. keep the "Fetch Service" Do not stop it at the end of the month.

Why would you abandon the Fetch Files service at this time? So many folks are dependent on working remotely and need to access a server at the office.

This is just cruel

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to prioritise certain files for up-/-download

At the moment I am uploading and downloading a lot of data to my OneDrive in parallel. When I call for a new file from the cloud I get repeated time-out errors because (I guess) the upload and download that are already in play are taking priority. Please consider adding a "prioritise" feature to file downloads and uploads.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be so helpful if one could search their one drive by file type, so I can see easily which ones are excel, word, pdf,,

When I search one drive for a document, it would be faster and easier if there was a sort by file type, that could be combined for example with date of last modification. I'd be able to see all of my word files organized by that sort or another of the columns currently presented in the "my files" file view Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort files in "Largest files in your OneDrive" screen

The "Largest files in your OneDrive" screen should sort by default by Size, or at least give the user the option of changing the sort to be by size. Instead, it is automatically sorted by date, which I can understand, but sometimes I just want to get rid of some of the old big stuff on my drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customize OneDrive sync time

When OneDrive is syncing, it generally takes up a lot of resources because I don't have a very good computer. It would be great if there was an option to change what time OneDrive sync time so that I could make OneDrive only sync at night.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base