OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. t6r

tr5f

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix creating new folder

Fix the fact that when you create a new directory on a pc ... getting a "new folder" it's practically impossible to rename it. One drive starts immediately syncing and whatever you type gets replaced, refreshed, select all happens... in any case impossible to use. The only way around is to create a folder on the pc locally, then rename it, and then only put it on onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You should try again by completely rebuilding from scratch. OneDrive behaves like ransomware on my computer.

Make a functional storage solution that doesn't hold files ******* or behave in odd and unpredictable ways when one has multiple microsoft accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't corrupt the filesystem during normal operation

We use OneDrive on about 100 computers. It is constantly having problems with not syncing files which almost always turn out to be filesystem errors. A chkdsk /f and a reboot later they are gone and everything works again. It can't be a good sign that we have implemented file system checks in our regularly scheduled maintenance.

Please consider fixing the bug that causes this issue.

The error message in question is "Data in the reparse point buffer is invalid"
    chkdsk will report problems

The chkdsk problems include lines similar to this:
    Deleting corrupt attribute record (C0, "") from file…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent .ink files from being synced

I have my desktop mapped to a one drive folder. However I end up with a copy of each shortcut for every program installed on every device....

So I get on computer A and it has the shortcuts for computer B as well as the ones for computer A. as the same programs are installed on both it ends up with duplicate shortcuts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dictionary

If it isn't already possible, I think the option to download different dictionaries (ie. Greek/Norse Mythology), would be swell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatic shutdown after finishing synchronizations

Add a button to schedule the shutdown of the machine after finishing synchronization, and also after finishing only Downloads or Uploads, currently I make a forecast for the rest not synchronized with my connection speed to put a shutdown -t, a button that would trigger the shutdown on end of synchronization would be much more practical and accurate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable the possibilty to stop syncing a specific file

In places of bad internet connection or some circumstances, synchronizing large files seem to block synchronizing of files added later to the queue. Here, it'd be nice to let the user stop syncing specific files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pin the sync status window

I'd like a little pin button that allows you to keep the sync window open when clicking away from it. It pops up when you click on the onedrive icon but then disappears when you click anywhere else

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. File search and preview with files on demand

Currently file search (inside the file) as well as file preview function in explorer are completely non functioning.
    This URL says otherwise: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/file-types-supported-for-previewing-files-in-onedrive-sharepoint-and-teams-e054cd0f-8ef2-4ccb-937e-26e37419c5e4
    Yet it still does not work. I have already discussed this with support and they were able to reproduce the problem.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Go back to original Word and Excel

Because when you type in Word and then print nothing ever lines up. Also trying to move files around is a nightmare and trying upload too! One drive is the worst invention.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add an option setting to delay synch by 30 second or 1 minutes or 3 minutes

so when i create a folder or want to rename a file that i have save by delaying the synch by few second this will allow me to this

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Nhờ bạn giúp! Tôi cảm ơn.

Khi tải OneDrive về và tôi lưu các file vào, bấm đồng bộ trên Onedrive.com thì ổ đĩa C tăng dung lượng, sắp đầy rồi (khoảng 20GB). Nhờ giúp tôi 2 ý: 1/. Giúp tôi trả dung lượng ổ đĩa C như cũ. 2/.Giúp tôi cách lưu trên máy tính mà dùng Onedrive, nhưng không làm tăng dung lượng máy tính. Tôi cảm ơn.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Always processing changes issue

OndDrive has been processing 11changes for days without noticing the 11 local files are corrupted. Onedrive should have a mechanism to identify files not accessible and summarize to users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Business features for personal use like file extension/folder exclusions

Business features for personal use like file extension/folder exclusions.
    Ex: exclude "node_modules" folder or exclude *.pst files from sync

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base