OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vos concurrents proposent la modification dans l'ordre de présentation d'un album à partir du diaporama. Je préfère l'album dans google driv

Lorsque j'ai construit un album, j'aimerais avant de lancer le diaporama modifier l'ordre de présentation des photos
    merci

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Personal Vault

More way to unlock Personal Vault

I suggest we have more convenient to unlock Personal Vault like Windows Hello, Fingerprint, PV 's Password (less secure depend on users choice).

Please give option for user to choose. Each time need to unlock by sms, gmail, authenticator make me annoy and need to disable Personal Vault.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not share the entire directory if right-clicking on white space next to file name

From my point of view this is a bug, where OneDrive inadvertently shares all documents within a folder. It occurs if you attempt to share a file by right-clicking on it, where the file is not already selected in Explorer, and you right-click blank space next to file name. Doing so produces a link for the entire folder directory. If the file is already selected in Explorer, you can right-click the white space to share the file, or right-click over any of the words in the file name to share. If the file is not already selected in Explorer, you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After stopping syncing with the OneDrive sync client, folders cannot be deleted.​

After stopping syncing with the OneDrive sync client, folders cannot be deleted.​

As the PC user changes, the OneDrive sync client stops syncing to switch Windows profiles.​
    On top of that, the user bracket before the change was deleted from another client with administrator privileges, but only the OneDrive related folder cannot be deleted.​

This event has been confirmed on multiple PCs, and improved with Windows recovery.​
    Please provide a solution that can handle this problem at the user level.​

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Storage Capacity.

Due to less storage capacity I don't use one drive. I use Google drive and Dropbox. Dropbox gives me 25GB free data storage capacity. I think 5GB from onedrive is nothing. So increase storage capacity for increase users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Regarding OneNote Notebook in OneDrive for Business when changing UPN

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    UPN 変更時の OneDrive for Business 上の OneNote ノートブックについて
    Regarding OneNote Notebook in OneDrive for Business when changing UPN
    ■Description(内容):
    OneNote クライアントで OneDrive for Business 上の OneNote ノートブックを開いていると、UPN を変更した際、OneDrive for Business の URL も変更されるため、ノートブックをそれぞれいったん閉じて開き直す必要があるが、多数のノートブックがあるとすべて開き直すのに大変手間がかかる。このため、1 回の作業ですべてのノートブックが正常に同期できるようにする、もしくは、UPN 変更後も自動的に OneNote クライアントが UPN 変更を認識して正常に同期できるようにしてほしい。
    When opening OneNote Notebook in OneDrive for Business on an OneNote client and the UPN is changed, due to the URL for OneDrive for Business being changed all the Notebooks need to be close and reopened again, and this closing and reopening takes up a lot of time when there are lots of Notebooks opened. Thus…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Regarding the OneDrive for Business “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” setting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の設定 "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" について
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” setting

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の設定 "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" について
    Windows 画面下部に表示される OneDrive for Busines アイコンを右クリックし設定項目を開くと "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" のチェックがありますが、この項目は OneDrive for Business から 200 項目以上削除した際に表示されるメッセージの表示有無を設定可能と確認いたしました。
    "クラウドからファイルを削除する前に警告を表示する" という項目名では 1 項目からでも設定できるように判断される可能性があるため、項目名の改善もしくは説明が記載されることを要望致します。
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” setting
    There is a “Show warning before deleting files from Cloud” checkbox that appears in the setting options when you right click on the OneDrive for Business icon in the bottom of the Windows screen, and I have confirmed…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search

Give the option "to have a Pop out search-bar" when clicking on the One Drive icon on the task bar seated at the bottom right of desktop. Or put a search hour glass "icon/field" that allows you to search the whole OneDrive placing it between the One Drive is up to date at the top "Business Domain listed right under" and the file listed as last file uploaded "Ribbon" that opens up upon left click of the task bar icon at this current OneDrive's version. One purpose for this is if you have multiple One Drive domains synced to same…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fingerabdruck für persönlichen Tresor verwenden

Ich fände es gut, könnte man den persönlichen Tresor am Laptop per Fingerabdruck entsperren.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. End synchronization and delete selection for local files

When I finish a synchronization, the files still remain visible in the Explorer. At the end there should be a selection where you can also delete the local files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm only lamenting the loss of the old version

It just sucks that everytime I have to send someone a file from my business (uni) account I have to share the file and I can't just send it.
    It also terribly sucks that I can't find the stuff I saved on One Drive without opening the app. The interaction with the rest of Windows just worked WAY BETTER before this latest update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use of App Password MFA

We have Office 365 for Business Premium, and MFA and use app passwords for Outlook (which is working well). I would also like to use app passwords for OneDrive on a Windows Laptop

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make a unique design of folders in onedrive

I suggest making a cool design arrangement to arrange folders and files like the start menu of windows 10.can change color and size of the folder and everything associated with appearance. we need it to be colorful and arranged more

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the option to keep Personal Vault unlocked on trusted PC

My daily driver is a desktop PC that resides inside my locked apartment. The only person who has access to it is me. I'd like the ability to specify that the Personal Vault remain unlocked on this trusted PC.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Request document name when new document is being created

When using the "New" file option and selecting Word Document (I have not checked other options), it automatically saves it as "Document". Why not request the User enter the filename at the start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dark theme

Can you please add a setting that can turn the screen dark? It might be bad for my eyes if the screen is too bright.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Play H264 / MP4 Files better, especially the Audio - Drop outs are a problem

As of now, Google Drive & youTube play videos back the best! While Documents and photos are working fine on One Drive - MP4 file for video/audio play back are not - such a popular format for all videos is not fully supported on One Drive. I get audio drop outs especially in the music sections (consistently) no such problem with Google Apps or when i download the MP4 files from One Drive to my Windows 10 Desktop computer- it plays fine, without the dropouts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Verbesserung der Synchronisierungsgeschwindigkeit im Heimnetz

Idee, Verbesserung der Synchronisierungsgeschwindigkeit.
    Wenn sich 2 PC im selben Netzwerk befinden Dateien nicht über Server und Internet synchronisieren, sondern über das Heimnetz.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create annual plan for 100 GB

Google offers the annual plan for 100 GB at 19.99/yr.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base