OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mejoren la palicacion

es muy mala aplicación, es un problema grabar copias de un documento en otra carpeta, me regresado a versiones anteriores guardadas haciéndome perder tiempo y trabajo, consume mucho recursos de la laptop lleva a limite al procesador y la ram, tengo que desactivar la sincronizaron automática para poder trabajar bien, y es un problema poder exportar a pdf, te marca errores los archivos dañados en pdf que crea no se pueden eliminar de inmediato, no ser puede trabajar con la sincronización activada es muy mala,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unabhängiges sichern von Ordnern in onedrive

Ich würde gerne schnell (mit rechtsklick) im dropdown menü einstellen können, ob eine Datei oder ein ordner in (z.B in Dokumente) in onedrive hochgeladen werden soll.
    Manche Programme legen automatisch ordner an, die dann den onedrive speicher belegen und auf allen Geräten angezeigt werden.
    Ich will auch für diese einstellung nicht extra im Browser nochmal mein Passwort eingeben müssen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give the option to download a cloud folder without make it always on device

Often I want to download all files in a folder that are only in the cloud, but without necessary keep it forever. So I mark to "always keep on this device", wait for download (sometimes for a ling time) just to mark off this option later to convert it on-demand.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Inactive hours. Set it and forget it.

It would be nice if we can set One Drive to only sign on and look for changes during the inactive hours we set (i.e. 1am to 7am). At present if we have a lot of files and One Drive is looking for changes, the computer response slows down dramatically. If One Drive only ran while I'm sleeping, etc., the files could be synced during that time, then pause at the start of Active hours.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it to where you can choose single files to stop syncing.

I wish you could make it to where you could single files not to sync to one drive. Everytime I try and import an excel document into a program on my computer it says its being occupied by another program. Its so annoying as I have to pause one drive and save it as some other file name to get it to import.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have trouble signing in to One Drive; MS locks out me out of karen@kmparmiter.com

MS WINDOWS ASKS ME TO OPEN ONE DRIVE TO USE IT, BUT LOCKS ME OUT.

There was a previous email address, Karen@KarenParmiter.com which says does not exist, however it may be conflicting with Karen@kmparmiter.com. ?? THANKS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Upload file directly to OneDrive.

When uploading file to OneDrive it first creates another copy of the file on my drive before sending it to OneDrive and allowing me to make it available online only. Not only it takes more time to upload but also requires from me to have extra space and gives my ssd another unnecessary write which shortens it's life.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want OneDrive 100GB and MS Word basic package because I don't use other MS Office program

I want OneDrive 100GB and MS Word basic package because I don't use other MS Office program

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to FTP or SFTP files to OneDrive location

When working with large companies or automated jobs, it would be beneficial to allow users to be able to send files directly to a location in OneDrive without having the client or logging into a web interface. Use a local FTP client or website to send directly to one drive.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Indexação de arquivos no ONEDRIVE

Preciso que a indexação de arquivos pelo browser seja igual a indexação feita pelo "explorador de arquivos/gerenciador de arquivos/ file explorer" do Windows 10.
    Problema: Indexador de arquivos pelo browser assume indexação binária Ex: sequências de 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,100,1000 e o correto seria igual ao do gerenciador de arquivos, numérico sequencial : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,...

Essa solução já existe no gerenciador de arquivos do Windows 10 bastava reproduzir na consulta via browser

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. rotate uploaded videos

Ability to rotate uploaded videos 180 degrees

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop duplicating my files PLEASE!

Every single file manager software out there knows to ask if you want to replace a file when it finds a duplicate, except OneDrive. Why is it that we don't have at least the option to configure it so it will ask what do I want to do on such occasions?

OneDrive asks for Office files, but just creates duplicates for all the rest, and this brings chaos to my workflow. On countless times I needed to check both files to see which was the latest, and it is even worse with the ones I have linked to my desktop,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows back up in a separate folder.

At the moment OneDrive saves windows backup straight to similar folders in the root directory. Please can you at least get OneDrive to Put them in Folders like OneDrive/<computer name backup>/…
    Instead of just in the main folder. Is so annoying. I prefer it to be organised.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. About the path of items in OneDrive for Business when pinning with the Office app

■Title(件名):
    Office アプリにてピン留めを行う際の OneDrive for Business 内のアイテムのパスについて

About the path of items in OneDrive for Business when pinning with the Office app

■Description(内容):
    現在、Office アプリにてアイテムをピン留め行う際、OneDrive 同期フォルダー内のアイテムを指定すると "https://~&quot; とクラウド上の URL のパスが指定されてしまう。
    Office アプリ内でのピン留めについて、ローカルのパスとクラウドのパスでどちらか指定できるように機能を拡張してほしい。

Currently, when pinning an item in the Office app, if you specify an item in the OneDrive sync folder, "https: // ~" and the URL path on the cloud will be specified.
    Please extend the functionality so that you can specify either the local path or the cloud path when pinning within the Office app.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WOAH - STOP, SLOW DOWN!

You should NEVER* (unless given consent explicitly) set OneDrive as the default location of Documents, Pictures, and Desktop file locations. Many of my documents were auto-syncing without expressed consent or a setup and filled my OneDrive account in a single moment. I'm all for selecting or options, but forcing a product's use is sketchy.

I'll go through and customize which folders will sync. Not everything is valuable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prevent OneDrive from syncing irrelevant files using A.I

Prevent OneDrive from syncing irrelevant files such as installation files (video games icons or system files) using AI and ''Ask me if not sure'' pop up

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base