OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it work! It doesn't work for ****! I spend days trying to get video to load, it says it's loaded but it never is no matter the size of

Sync or upload, it simply does not work! The One Drive is a program that has never worked right and I've wasted weeks trying to get video to load. Fix the *** program!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add File-On-Demand Feature on Windows 8.1 OneDrive for Business app

Add File-On-Demand Feature on Windows 8.1 OneDrive for Business app.
    The native Windows 8.1's OneDrive App is very buggy and the user can not add business account to it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bizimle paylaşılan dosyalar OneDrive klasöründe gözükmüyor kolay erişim sağlanamıyor

Bizimle paylaşılan dosyalar OneDrive klasöründe gözükmüyor kolay erişim sağlanamıyor güncelleme ile kesinlikle düzeltilmesi gerek

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Process priority into admx

Could you please add process priority option into admx, setting onedrive process to low really help to make computer responsive again and stop crashing without increasing the sync time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive无法同步

OneDrive for Windows 10 无法同步

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When OneDrive finds a file that needs to be renamed show the file. One drive fails to automatically rename, but does not display the file n

When OneDrive finds a file name that needs to be renamed, show the file name and when I click on file name either open in in Explorer for me to rename or allow me to rename there.

OneDrive is kicking on a file and when I click let OneDrive rename (something I should never have to do) it fails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to rearrange Folders in what ever order you want

I had a user ask if they could rearrange the folders in what ever order they wanted because they might access a certain folder more than other folders, and it seems to default to sorting them alphabetically. You can rearrange files but not folders. Seems like an oversight.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sort-rename-or-move-photos-and-files-in-onedrive-01628e6d-9d2c-4298-a1f0-933e5b20a8bf

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Desktop Files

Thanks for the app. It's been a great option for storing my files across multiple devices.

Would love if the files on my desktop could display showing the first page of each file (eg, File A, a book, displays the cover of that book - as it used to be until several weeks ago), rather than displaying the bland red and white 'pdf'.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 能够设置同步完成后自动关机

能够设置同步完成后自动关机,在公司PC上每次下班之后设置同步完成后自动关机,避免了下班后要等待同步完成需要手动关电脑

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use the new input model for share dialogs

The web based share dialog that appears when you select the share option in the context menu uses the old compatibility input model. By simply adding the app's executable file name as a DWORD to 'Computer\HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURENINPUTLEGACYMODE' with a value of 0 it enables a far better touch screen experience when working with text and when scrolling. This is an easy fix and has existed for years. I think it would make the experience far better for touch screen users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There are no options for stop syncing in OneDrive now it kept adding folders to my desktop and is really annoying!!!

There are no options to stop syncing files, there are only options for pause syncing and One Drive is adding screenshots to File Explorer and taking up my disk space.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Apply "Sort By" default in OneDrive Subfolders

Choose "Sort By" default in OneDrive

So, in pictures the default sort is by date and I have a lot of folders and subfolders that I have to change manually. So when will I be able to change the default option or at least being able to apply the sort order to all subfolders? Currently I have to go to each folder and choose how I want to sort the contents but would like to set a default (for example name ascending) and it will always show files within each folder in the same way.
    I realize this is similar…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Files Currently Syncing

I would like to see which files are actively syncing. So when there is a trouble with syncing, I can try to troubleshoot the specific files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Facility for locking the OneDrive folded shall be provided through mobile authenticator app.

Facility for locking and unlocking the OneDrive folded shall be provided through mobile authenticator app.
    Some times it required to give access to my window PC to my friends and for this I required this facility so that no one can access my files in OneDrive folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Desyncing a subfolder inside a Syncing folder

A way in which we could specify OneDrive in a way so as not to upload and sync a specific subfolder in a folder which is being synced.
    For example, there’s a folder named A and inside of it there are folders named B and C. We are by default syncing all of them but we don’t want to sync folder C anymore. It would be great to have an option to stop syncing folder C, without it getting deleted from the local hard drive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mit der rechten maustaste die Synchronisation starten, da es im autostart nicht klappt

Mit der rechten maustaste die Synchronisation starten, da es im autostart nicht klappt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Opção "Abrir local do arquivo"

Boa tarde, seria extremamente útil se nos ... que aparecem na frente dos arquivos recem abertos tivessemos a opção "Abrir local do arquivo"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change Location Path name for OneDrive

I need to rename or change the Location path name for my OneDrive for business. This consumes part of the Path limit for the 260 Characters.

Example:

Original path name: C:\Users\User profile\OneDrive - ODB Name

Rename path name: C:\Users\User profile\ODB Name

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add Multiple desktop bakckup mode. I do n’t want the content of the company ’s computer desktop to appear on my home computer deskto

Please add Multiple desktop bakckup mode. I do n’t want the content of the company ’s computer desktop to appear on my home computer desktop. Now I can only cancel the files one by one without displaying it. This is too much trouble.
    And many shortcuts and icons are invalid.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base