OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color Onedrive Folders differently

Color OneDrive Folders and Files differently than locally stored files, making it easier to differentiate, instead of creating chaos like it is now on my Girlfriends computer. Make Onedrive files and folders bright RED, before she accidentally deletes any more pictures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It doesnt enter the metadata that is included with my google takeout data so ill have to keep using google for my photo backup

It doesnt enter the metadata that is included with my google takeout data so ill have to keep using google for my photo backup

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copia .pst

En onedrive->configuracion->copia de seguridad está "documentos", por defecto "Archivos de Outlook" están en la carpeta "documentos", porqué no deja respaldar achivos .pst, es incongruente esa política

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. it would be nice to be able to pause individual files that are syncing.

it would be nice to be able to pause individual files that are syncing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Command on folder/file to download on-demand files

I want a command on the right-click menu of file/folder to download on-demand file/files in advance.
    This would download all files in bulk (and that hopefully a lot faster) instead of on-demand when file is opened.

It would still have the on-demand state, and would be cleaned up by Storage Sense as usual.
    Its use would be to optimize scenario when you know you are about to "touch" all files in a folder, and the in advance would like to batch/buld download all files in advance.

In my case I would like to do this on folders with photos/pictures in…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to de-sync folder so that it is only avalible locally

I got a new Windows 10 pc and quickly ran into issues with the default settings for onedrive. If I want to sync something I want to manually move it to onedrive folders not have every folder/file that is in specific standard locations, like documents, to sync as many games use documents to store background data and that'll just eat up the onedrive space and make the entire onedrive unusable for the data that I actually use it for. And there is no way to say delete it from onedrive without it deleting it from where it needs to be.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility of limiting how many files can be sync at the same time and many more

1 . Allow us to decide how many files can be sync at the same time
    2 . Possibility of sync by size order
    3 . Possibility of sync per extension word & excel picture first ... RAR files last
    4 . possibility to force specific file to use all upload speed to sync faster.

a decent interface for files sync progression that we can pin on the screen

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. let us choose it we even want the app

i hate having no choice to not Install this

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Check marks for shortcut file indication

Place the check marks for synchronisation on the right down side of the icons. I can't see anymore when a file is a file or a shortcut. See example.png, one of the files is a Windows shortcut.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Billing to include an option which increases storage size

I currently use the OneDrive Standalone 100GB, and I can foresee I will need to upgrade storage in the future, however the only schemes I see are WAAAY more expensive and include products I already own or do not need.

Add an option to increase billing by storage size only e.g. £1.99 * 100GB.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change power settings for One Drive so it only syncs when plugged in - sucking the life out of my battery.

The option at the moment is to auto pause sync when the laptop is in battery saver mode. Why not change the option to be that sync ONLY happens when plugged in and then if you want to sync on battery you can, but the default is when plugged in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do not delete files after the subscription is cancelled. Restore files to user.

Microsoft cancelled my subscription (365 for Family) so I can't log in to OneDrive. However, OneDrive continued to operate and removed most of the files. This was after "unlink this computer"
    Second user on same "cancelled" account is not allowed to log in but can't stop OneDrive. It is creating duplicate folders and files on two computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't sync auto on local C drive when you install windows

Usually OneDrive it's not in the main drive because it takes a lot of disk space

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please make block downloading option for folder and mp4 file

i have lots of videos in folder and i have to share all videos even all folders but there is no block downloading option there, and make me completely sick to find such option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 请问如何设置在不同电脑设备上的上传和下载设置? 例如:A电脑是本人使用的主电脑,为最新文件,均定期上传更新one drive; 然后B电脑为备用电脑,仅从onedrive下载文件,不从本地上传覆盖onedrive(即B电脑为较旧版本的文件,不得覆盖A电脑上传的最新文件))

设置主电脑(A电脑)默认为上传功能(更新文件到ONE DRIVE),备用电脑(B,C电脑)仅为下载功能(不得上传覆盖one drive上文件)

目前onedrive功能均是上传本地电脑文件更新到onedrive空间,告知如何设置操作流程更改即可

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My OneDrive Continues to show syncronisation problems? And it tells me to rename or delete one of the files...

It is NO Help for me to get a notice from OneDrive that a file cannot be sync'ed? When You DO NOT tell me? the NAME of the conflicting file? Which file is the culprit? I do not know what file OneDrive is "thinking of"? And I cannot "just" rename ALL the files?..? To be lucky enough to hit the Culprit?..? Eventually?!.. See? K.R.'s

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive Shared Shortcuts Can't Sync

A folder was shared with me and I created a shortcut to it in My Files. The folder doesn't show up in OneDrive on Windows and is not selectable in "Choose folders"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. STOP DELETING FILES TO THE TRASH WHEN NOT REQUESTED TO DO SO

THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY. MY DRIVE IS DELETING FILES I NEED. IT DOES NOT TAKE INTO REGARD THAT THE FILE MAY HAVE the SAME NAME BUT BE A SLIGHTLY NEEDED DIFFERENT VERSION. PERHAPS ONE DRIVE COULD LOOK AT THE TIMING OF DOCS ETC. DONT DELETE MY 1100 UPDATE WHEN I JUST SPEND TWO HOURS REWRITING.

SET A POLICY OR SOMETHING TO LOOK AT FILES MONTHLY OR SOMETHING TO REDUCE SPACE, OR JUST MAKE PEOPLE PAY MORE FOR MORE ADDE SPACE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base