OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wtf, mayor point missing

Dear Support,
    why is only possible to remap folder you are preselected.
    Make it able to select custom folders.

And not only cloud available.
    Make it like the replication function from windows server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kopieen

Is het mogelijk om kopieen in één keer te verwijderen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. keep the "Fetch Service" Do not stop it at the end of the month.

Why would you abandon the Fetch Files service at this time? So many folks are dependent on working remotely and need to access a server at the office.

This is just cruel

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add ability to prioritise certain files for up-/-download

At the moment I am uploading and downloading a lot of data to my OneDrive in parallel. When I call for a new file from the cloud I get repeated time-out errors because (I guess) the upload and download that are already in play are taking priority. Please consider adding a "prioritise" feature to file downloads and uploads.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be so helpful if one could search their one drive by file type, so I can see easily which ones are excel, word, pdf,,

When I search one drive for a document, it would be faster and easier if there was a sort by file type, that could be combined for example with date of last modification. I'd be able to see all of my word files organized by that sort or another of the columns currently presented in the "my files" file view Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sort files in "Largest files in your OneDrive" screen

The "Largest files in your OneDrive" screen should sort by default by Size, or at least give the user the option of changing the sort to be by size. Instead, it is automatically sorted by date, which I can understand, but sometimes I just want to get rid of some of the old big stuff on my drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customize OneDrive sync time

When OneDrive is syncing, it generally takes up a lot of resources because I don't have a very good computer. It would be great if there was an option to change what time OneDrive sync time so that I could make OneDrive only sync at night.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As a user I would like the ability to decide (file by file or folder by

As a user I would like the ability to decide (file by file or folder by folder) to determine which files/folders I want to:
    store to the cloud only
    synch to the cloud and my local hard drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. dnscrypt

Onedrive does not support dnscrypt. Disabling dnscrypt enables onedrive to work, however I do not wish to compromise modern privacy and security features to use onedrive. Please learn a way to implement onedrive while still supporting dnscrypt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change onedrive name

Some PC's in my organization have more than one OneDrive account accessible by the same client. For example, we may have the OneDrive account for Saint Church and the OneDrive account for Bookkeeper, since the client needs files from both accounts.

However, the Bookkeeper OneDrive folder is still called Saint Church, so it's very difficult to distinguish between the actual Saint Church and the Bookkeeper accounts.

I suggest that, instead of using the tenant name as part of the OneDrive for Business app's folder name, you use the user's name for that OneDrive account. This way, a clear distinction between…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 可以选择同步时间间隔(每个多少分钟或多少小时等等)而非当前的一直同步或暂时停止同步(这两种可以作为补充),当前的设置对团队协作很好,但对一些独立工作却不合适(并不需要实时同步或每次按暂停时间很繁琐)、也浪费带宽

可以选择同步时间间隔(每个多少分钟或多少小时等等)而非当前的一直同步或暂时停止同步(这两种可以作为补充),当前的设置对团队协作很好,但对一些独立工作却不合适(并不需要实时同步或每次按暂停时间很繁琐)、也浪费带宽

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Real Time File Sync and Collaboration on OneDrive and SharePoint

Collaborating in real-time, whether on Microsoft Office Online, Sharepoint or Microsoft Teams is not as instantaneous as it should be. Delays in syncing of changes made caused a lot of miscommunication on what has or has not been done that can or cannot be seen by the other person.

When editing Sharepoint files on the App instead of on the Web, it locks the other person out from viewing and collaborating real-time. On OneDrive, it doesn't happen, so I switch to Microsoft Teams. It is unfortunately too slow to show changes and not everyone is able to access the file…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Force Sync for Files with Errors and .PST files

Please allow force-sync of files on OneDrive especially when there is an error message. Some files are not synced for a week and there is no other way to do it, not even with the restart of the App.

This is particularly problematic with .PST files. On Google Drive, when the .PST file is open on Outlook, it simply doesn't sync but after I close Outlook, I can force-sync it to the most recent version. This is sorely lacking on OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DROPBOX COMO EXEMPLO

Espelhem no Dropbox, pq esse OneDrive é um lixo!
    Pago por essa porcaria e esperava que fosse melhor.

Mirror on Dropbox, because this OneDrive sucks!
    I paid for this **** and hoped it would be better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Signed Out Icon

Have distinct overlay icons for:

Not signed in
    Sync errors
    Syncing
    Synced

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto rename files that are not compatible

At the moment when you sync new folders with big amount of files and it finds files that do not have compatible names, it is just saying that go and rename. It doesn't say what is wrong and you also should go and change one-by-one. This is frustrating.
    Please add the autorename that would replace symbols that are not compatible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Beauti420

Beauti420

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Throttle.htm#2052

What's the problem with "https://zjtbsteduau-my.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/Throttle.htm#2052"
    I can not upload files from my desktop. Also, I can not view files online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base