OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable Download option when sharing Photo Albums

When I share a photo album or folder, I don't always want the recipient to be able to download the files. Please make an option to share albums and folders as View only and restricted downloads.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Designate Folders to SYNC and Folders to BACKUP

Along with other requests to be able to backup different folder, there should be a distinction between what folders are SYNCED (constantly) and what folders are BACKED UP (on a schedule user defines).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Here is a suggestion, have One Drive actually work rather than eat all my resources

Here is a suggestion, have One Drive actually work rather than eat all my resource

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. mklink Support

Through mklink support, other folders can be easily listed in the synchronization list without changing the synchronized folder, which is convenient for file sorting and classification.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How about a STOP Sync button you buffoons

A Stop syncing button is needed. programming seems to be by monkey group effort

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE US AN APP THAT WORKS?

HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE US AN APP THAT WORKS?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a file is deleted and then uploaded and renamed with the same name, it should appear in the cronology.

Some application such as CATIA V5 drawing, when is saved it is saved on the CATIA cache and then renamed with the correct name. This has mean that when it is synched the OneDrive app delete the actual version on the cloud and replace it with the new copy. This causes the lost of the version of the file in the cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a pause button to quickly suspend the sync.

Please add a pause butto to suspend the sync. Pausing sync should be easy as the actual resume button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Group Policy settings are completely ignored by newer versions of OneDrive.

Newer versions of OneDrive completely ignore Group Policy settings, and Domain Joined computers prompt the user to backup their folders to OneDrive. We must have the ability to reliably control this in a Corporate environment. For corporate governance and compliance reasons, we cannot permit this. Please return these controls to the Domain Administrators - these cannot be user choices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OPen file explorer instead of Online Shareponit

When sharing documents from desktop, the link opens up the online sharepoint folder. We would like the option to open the link to file or folder in file explorer on desktop instead

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pri synchronizácii počítača s One Drive nie je možné synchronizáciu zrušiť, iba pozastaviť! To je absolútne neprijateľná alternatíva!!!

Pri synchronizácii počítača s One Drive nie je možné synchronizáciu zrušiť, iba pozastaviť! To je absolútne neprijateľná alternatíva!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better error notification when stopping the application

When having problems with the hard drive, file check/ parse points, OneDrive quits without notice. It is just not present any longer. Because of not having the OneDrive folder other programs are not working. It takes time to figure out why the other programs stopt working, it there is no error notification

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to set the priorities used by the sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントの同期の優先順位を設定できるようにして欲しい
    Allow us to set the priorities used by the sync client

■Description(内容):
    現在の同期クライアントは、同期の優先順位を変更できないため、前後にサイズの大きいファイルがあると優先的にアップロードしたいファイルのアップロードが遅れてしまう。
    サイズや拡張子など、同期をするファイルの優先順位を設定できるよう、機能の拡張を希望します。

Currently, there is no way to adjust the priorities of the sync client, so if there is a large file to be synced, a file you want to upload now will be delayed.
    Please add settings to specify priorities to use for syncing, such as file size, extension, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Behavior of the OneDrive sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントの動作について
    Behavior of the OneDrive sync client

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive の同期クライアントは、更新のタイミングが指定できないため、他の作業を実施している時に更新を始めると PC に負荷がかかり、作業に支障が出る。
    そのため、更新のスケジュールを設定する機能を追加して欲しい。

It is not possible to specify the timing with which the OneDrive sync client updates, and if the update happens while other work is being carried out, it places a load on the PC and gets in the way.
    Please allow us to schedule these updates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 当我同步了9个OneDrive工作或学校账户,无法再添加个人Onedrive帐户(此时未同步个人OneDrive帐户)

当我同步了9个OneDrive工作或学校账户,再点击添加账户时,会打开最后一个工作或学校OneDrive账户文件夹,无法再添加个人Onedrive帐户(此时未同步个人OneDrive帐户)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Syncing every time all the files

Why always drive syncing all the files on change of only one file. Drive should sync only the changed files, if syncing all the file every time its taking so much of internet data and make the system slow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. there are 2 sync issues in one drive

there are 2 sync issues in one drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. About changing the name of the sync folder displayed in Explorer when syncing a folder shared with the OneDrive sync app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリにて共有されたフォルダーを同期した場合に、エクスプローラー上に表示される同期フォルダー名の変更について

About changing the name of the sync folder displayed in Explorer when syncing a folder shared with the OneDrive sync app

■Description(内容):
    現在の OneDrive 同期アプリでは、共有されたフォルダーを同期した場合に、同期フォルダーの名前を変更できない。
    そのため、エクスプローラー画面左側の [ビルのアイコン - 組織名] を展開し、デフォルトで作成される "共有元ユーザー アカウント名 - フォルダー名" 形式のフォルダー名から、 "-" 部分を含めたフォルダー名の変更ができる機能を提供してほしい。

The current OneDrive sync app doesn't allow you to rename a sync folder when syncing a shared folder.
    Therefore, expand [Building icon-Organization name] on the left side of the Explorer screen, and change the folder name including the "-" part from the folder name in the "Shared user account name-Folder name" format created by default. We want you to provide…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simple. Do not let ONEDRIVE take over my computer!

Do not let ONEDRIVE take over my computer! UPLOADING when it wants then ultimately MOVING MY FILES replacing it with a link AND NOW I CANNOT restore my computer back how it WAS! All I have is links where files used to be!. I DID NOT give you ANY PERMISSION to do this!!!! I don't even understand how your dumb app got on my computer. I WAS using Onedrive for simple office documents but after OneDrive went crazy backing up documents I will NEVER use again! Constantly complaining my 5 GB if filled up and UPGRADE when I didn't even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base