OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharepoint Shortcuts

Adding a file/folder shortcut from Sharepoint to OneDrive automatically syncs that file/folder and there is no way to control or prevent that. This was reported using case 23754909 and was advised for it to be posted here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please can you provide to download multiple files or folders without converting it in zip format. Large zip files just do not get downloaded

When i upload files, or folders its quite fast
    Download is really tough with one drive
    ive waited several hours trying to download folders and at the end, before it is completed the zip file gives an error. This keeps happening.
    Unable to download files from over a month, i mean multiple files
    please can you provide a faster and easier way to download folders and multiple files

kind regards,
    adityapc@outlook.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it the default that files are not stored on the home computer

Make it the default that files are not stored on the home computer in the One Drive folder, and are only duplicated locally if requested

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync one drive between Windows, web and Android.

It may be supposed to, but it doesnt. I can make changes to the Windows version that never show up on the web or on Android.

Makes it next to useless. I also use Dropbox. It's easier, faster and provides much more information, showing me files that have or have not yet uploaded, and overall progress.

Why can't one drive do that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable multiple simultaneous connections / multiple concurrent connections to OneDrive

By design OneDrive doesn't support multiple simultaneous connections / multiple concurrent connections. When using Citrix Virtual Apps with OneDrive folder redirection enabled on RDSH hosts this is a must.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/configure-concurrent-multiple-connections-ht

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Maximum file size uploading to OneDrive

Most of the on-line storage places have space for all sorts of data. OneDrive has a limit of 100Mb per File. Why? How about home movies which are much longer in may cases. a folder of these just cannot be on OneDrive,
    If one pays for more space on OneDrive why the 100MB upload limit per file?
    I recommend you allow a limit of 1.0TB per file. We no longer live in the world where 16K of RAM might never be exceeded.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Batch list of email addresses in Sharing

Please add feature of "batch add a list of email addresses". Presently, have to input individual email address when sharing. And, have to approve each email address.

It will be good to just share a link without asking for approval.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having an MS Word file open should not give a sync error

(Note: I have disabled Office sync in OneDrive and have Office autosave off)
    When I have a Word file open in a OneDrive folder,
    OneDrive will report a sync error and try to resync every 60 seconds.
    I have a lot of files on OneDrive (40 K +) so every sync cycle takes a few seconds, and causes the cooling fans of my PC to power up.
    So this happens every 60 seconds (!). To prevent this, I have pause OneDrive at the start of each working day and re-enable it when I'm done.
    Desired behavior:
    Don't treat…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Nach Synchronisierung pc Herunterfahren

Die Option einpflegen den PC nach der Vollständigen Synchronisierung automatisch Herunterzufahren

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Start up settings: merge or copy files with same name.

Upon installation of One Drive prompt user to select either: merge or copy, files with same name. Just prompt user review settings before One Drive jumps into action.

So sad that because both computers shared many files with same name, copies were made of every file and relabeled "copy" And now it will take many hours to delete every one, one by one.
    Note category above is not intended to be "files on demand" but no other option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ■Title(件名): アクセス権を剥奪したり、同期自体解除したときの動作について。

■Title(件名):
    アクセス権を剥奪したり、同期自体解除したときの動作について。

About the operation when the access right is deprived or the synchronization itself is canceled.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive の同期クライアントを利用している環境にて、アクセス権を剥奪し、同期自体を解除しても、一度ダウンロードしたファイルはエクスプローラー上から削除できない動きとなります。
    同期という意味ではクライアント側からもファイルやフォルダーが自動的に削除されるべきと考えています。

権限変更などを行った際、手動でクライアント側を調整するのはとても手間に感じます。
    自動で削除される機能を強く要望します。

In the environment where the OneDrive synchronization client is used, even if the access right is deprived and the synchronization itself is canceled, the downloaded file cannot be deleted from Explorer.
    In terms of synchronization, I think that files and folders should be deleted automatically from the client side as well.

It feels very troublesome to manually adjust the client side when changing permissions.
    I strongly request the function to be deleted automatically.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. release file to the cloud

Make it possible to automatically free up space and release files back to the cloud if the file has not been opened after a period of time. Having the ability to create a group policy to dictate X amount of time after inactivity that the file then removes itself from my device and back to my OneDrive for business until the next time I need it. Otherwise I have to manually release the files and if your accessing hundreds of files a day that's a problem. Thanks for your consideration!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow the user to force sync individual files

When OneDrive is enabled on the entire file system it can take awhile for a file to sync and this can cause issues when trying to generate a share link or when attempting to collaborate on a live file with others.

The feature suggestion is to create a force sync button or command that will automatically upload that specific file and put it at the top of the sync queue so that it's immediately available online.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Browsing from an open Microsoft Office document opens in an embedded Sharepoint website; it should open in the folder location instead

This is not so much a feature request as it is a problem that seems to have cropped up in the newer versions of Microsoft Office 365 Desktop Apps (Word, Excel, etc).

I posted about this issue on the MSFT community forums and it was recommended to add a feature request on UserVoice: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeword-msowin10-mso_o365b/browsing-from-an-open-word-document-opens-in-a/67db57d8-3d4e-483b-af8a-a0b9bd0f5802?messageId=c177be7f-a17c-482f-85fe-2bcb34ec7b3f

Here is the summary from that post:

I am currently syncing a Sharepoint document library to my Windows 10 computer using OneDrive / Sharepoint Sync.

I can browse to my document library using File Explorer, and open documents in the local versions of the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. documents / desktop

i have a great idea, how about you guys let people exclude documents folders and the desktop from onedrive. im just trying to have access to my work stuff, not upload all of my personal on one drive. even if i click on the folders ot exclude them it still puts them on one drive with a red x next to it saying theres an issue with the sync. as as im concerned this product is total garbage. FIX IT! theres even a reddit forum about this simple issue. get your heads out of your *****.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. documents / desktop

i have a great idea, how about you guys let people exclude documents folders and the desktop from onedrive. im just trying to have access to my work stuff, not upload all of my personal on one drive. even if i click on the folders ot exclude them it still puts them on one drive with a red x next to it saying theres an issue with the sync. as as im concerned this product is total garbage. FIX IT! theres even a reddit forum about this simple issue. get your heads out of your *****.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Qué debo hacer para volver a montar OneDrive?

Tuve que desmontar OneDrive por problemas con mi computador y ahora al tratar de montarlo me informa que ya está instalado. He seguido todas las instrucciones que hay en red para desinstalarlo y volverlo a instalar pero ninguna funciona

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us the option to either disable or uninstall One Drive. Its causing problems for no Reason

Just let us have the option to not use this. Files are saving there and becoming read only which does not allow for files to be updated or used by the program.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pause sync or other activity automatically when the computer is active

OneDrive is a fantastic concept, but the Windows implementation at least is shockingly clunky and amateur for a large, sophisticated company like Windows.

When running, it syncs or updates files continuously - my computer slows down to a crawl whenever OneDrive is active.

I have to manually pause syncing whenever I want to use my computer (and then remember to resume it or just leave it on, idle, during the night so that the syncing can go on while I'm not using the computer). The contortions I have to go through to avoid using OneDrive when I'm busy and then…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base