OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I do not know how to add user to use another 1 TB ( 6 users of 6 TB, each user/1 TB) after buying premium account. I tried to fix it in help

I do not know how to add user to use another 1 TB ( 6 users of 6 TB, each user/1 TB) after buying premium account. I tried to fix it in help center but nothing about this, help me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Sincronização muito lenta, péssimo.

Tentem melhorar o tempo de sincronização do OneDrive, é muito lento, impossível trabalhar na nuvem dessa forma! Eu tenho o Mega instalado no meu PC e da o show no OneDrive na velocidade de sincronização.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 在不同机器上,用同一账户同步文件或文件夹,但文件和文件夹可能是重名的,如desktop这个文件夹名,稍后同步的

在不同机器上,用同一账户同步文件或文件夹,但文件和文件夹可能是重名的,如desktop这个文件夹名,稍后同步的机器可能被提示有重名的文件或文件夹而无法完成同步。希望能解决(加“_机器名”后缀?)。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive colors, themes and folder views

OneDrive needs themes and color options to change the look of the top OneDrive blue bar and application background options. More folder views are needed for OneDrive, as well as folder colors as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How can I permanently close one drive ??????????

I don't want to use one drive. Please tell How to permanently close it ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple icons with parent folder display improvement of child folder's status.

When a file or folder is syncing under a parent child (1) its either displaying the could icon or something else. (2) It would be better to display the sync icon marking that upload is happening UNDER that folder. (3)

There could be multiple icons next to eachother. The icon that represents the folder itself, and the status of files under that folder. This would only apply to folders obviously.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I hope Microsoft add the option "Sync Immediately" into OneDrive Desktop.

I hope Microsoft add the option "Sync Immediately" into OneDrive Desktop like OneNote. This help us sync the files more quickly and it's especially convenient for the users who sign in the same account on several computers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ONEDRIVE冻结

长时间是不使用会被冻结,解冻只能去网页版,作为国内用户找不到靠谱vpn,导致产品无法使用。是否可以允许在APP上解冻。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook

Somehow make it so when running Outlook it doesn't sync until closed so it doesn't cause errors

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quicken

Somehow make it so when running Quicken it doesn't sync until closed so it allows Quicken to back up and close before syncing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Quicken

Somehow make it so when running Quicken it doesn't sync until closed so it doesn't corrupt Quicken file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Backing up to the cloud should never be the default behaviour as it amounts to sharing information with strangers that is potentially...

Backing up to the cloud should never be the default behaviour as it amounts to sharing information with strangers that is potentially personal, private or sensitive. GDPR regs should be observed to avoid hefty fines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Suddenly sync stopped on os

Sync is not working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to specify which folders (other than documents, photos and desktop) to backup

I'd like the option to identify specific folders (other than the Documents, Photos and Desktop) folders for OneDrive to backup.

For example, as a DJ my 'Music' folder is super-important to me... but unless I move that folder manually into OneDrive, it can't get it to sync automatically.

I'd like the option to select a specific folder(s) - other than the 3 'default' options - for OneDrive to automatically backup for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sync recent files

Give admin the ability to control the ability to force the download of files upto a certain date.

For e.g. a user signs into a new device, only the files modified or accessed in the last 30 days get downloaded while the rest stay FoD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I only need and want to synch once every 24 hours

I would like to set my Onedrive up to synch once every 24 hours. This minimises background activities whilst my computer is running as Onedrive will not be constantly checking and updating

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Here's my idea; Take your OneDrive software an shove it where the sun don't shine.

Idea description; Make all the managers of the OneDrive product bend over and shove the (One)drive up there ***.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base