OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extra Warnings from Accidental Deletions of Sync-ed Files, when I'm not the Owner/Creator

When Syncing locally a folder created by another user within the organization. If the person deletes some or all of the folder's contents within Windows, the deletes should not get reflected remotely without various warnings and 'Are you sure?' asked by the one drive app when performing the sync, especially since I am not the same person that created the files in the first place.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop med at starte det lort når man først har lukket det en gang .....

stop med at starte det lort når man først har lukket det en gang .....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thumbnails for Office files not displayed

In January or February 2021, some issues with thumbnails in the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer have been fixed, and it is now displaying thumbnails for most file types. However, it is still not displaying thumbnails for Microsoft Office files (Word, PowerPoint, etc.), whether the files are available offline or online-only.

This only happens in the personal OneDrive folder. The thumbnails are displayed correctly in the OneDrive for Business folder, as well as the synced SharePoint folders (again, both files which are available offline and online-only files).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Sync Status Indicators (checks/cloud) optional

The addition of green check marks to every single desktop icon and as a new column that cannot be turned off is obtrusive, distracting, and unnecessary.

This indicator status should be something that is either off by default and seen in the Onedrive App, or easily toggled on/off in Windows Explorer.

The column name should be changed from "Status" to "Onedrive" or "Sync Status". "Status" is meaningless and leads to people searching or creating a Helpdesk ticket about "why are there suddenly green check marks on all my icons?"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync large folder when computer is inactive

It would be great to be able to posticipate large sync only when the pc is inactive.
    In this way the synchronization could be focused on working folder.
    For instance I am working on a folder and I need to have synced quickly but Onedrive is also syncing a big folder I don't need to be synced now.
    I have to manually upload the most urgent files manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Renaming in Window explorer with OneDrive re-selects files messing everything up!

Renaming in Window explorer with OneDrive re-selects files messing everything up! It is AWFULLY frustrating to be halfway through renaming my file, have it get reselected, and lose all my changes, then end up with a totally bad file name. I'd like to extend the file refresh/sync delay to prevent this, probably just up to 20-60 seconds.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Renaming in Window explorer with OneDrive re-selects files messing everything up!

Renaming in Window explorer with OneDrive re-selects files messing everything up! It is AWFULLY frustrating to be halfway through renaming my file, have it get reselected, and lose all my changes, then end up with a totally bad file name. I'd like to extend the file refresh/sync delay to prevent this, probably just up to 20-60 seconds.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello, is there a possibility that remote delete/modify in OneDrive will not delete/modify file on local HDD ?

Hello, is there a possibility that remote delete/modify in OneDrive will not delete/modify file on local HDD ?
    I think this is an important security feature as it exists in JAVA environments for example ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Local sync between PC to PC

It should really helpful when working on big files and save data plan
    for example, i have files that already synced to cloud in my PC and i want take my files with my laptop but i've limited data plan. So my laptop syncing files directly from my PC to my laptop via local network for faster data transfer without data

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. drive for business visible but NOT personal

unable to see personal drive in latest windows10

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. +P+´+´´´444445XXD

KMFZRA1ZFGFXZ,.+P4

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tray icon is white color. Color should be contrast to white.

Tray icon is white and invisible. Its color should be other than white.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prevent downloading of shared folders

Prevent viewers of a shared folder from being able to download the folder or it's contents. I want to be able to share the folder with meeting data with my colleagues without them being able to download the meeting material.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've been having problems with not knowing what the symbols are and general mis information. Can you add a small help button on One drive?

I would like a easy to access help page to help out on me knowing all the information. Preferably near the top (in the circle) however a easy to access help page would be fine!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive está mais de 5 minutos a procurar alterações, não permitindo o funcionamento do computador.

É indescritível, o OneDrive estar constantemente a procurar alterações e, desse modo lesando o Utilizador do computador em relação ao iniciar qualquer tarefa.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NGSC needs too Support modern authentication methods like SAML

NGSC needs too Support modern authentication methods like SAML in a direct relation with SharePoint 2019 On-premise.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. アイデアというより質問です。

C、Users、(085FC302-FD85-4470-81BA-1ACSE100AC10)、Installerの4つのファイルが起動時に
    アイテムのアクセス許可がありません。アイテムへのアクセス許可がないようです。
    アイテムを同期するための適切なアクセス許可があることを確認してください。となります。
     どうすれば処置できるのでしょうか? 教えて下さい。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop mixing 'photos' and 'pictures form My files'

I packed and uploaded thousands of pictures in folders as sketch references through 'My files'. But they are all displayed under the 'Photos' tab.
    It's so hard to find my own photos in this messed-up timeline. It's super annoying!
    The problem is happening on all Onedrive platforms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base