OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change on The System

I have just set up onedrive in another device and, you know, I've chose to backup
    - desktop
    - document
    - pictures
    But some moments after that I realize this was not a good idea, and decided to STOP backing up this files. So I set them to NOT back up and deleted them from my onedrive.
    Can you guess? this thing deleted the files from my desktop locally and everything else(pictures and documents).
    What in did you eat, that makes you get confused between an ORIGINAL files and a BACKUP file?
    Who in
    gave you permission to delete MY…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There appears to be some issues/ incompatibility between the Windows Virtual Desktop, FSLogix, and using One Drive to sync a SharePoint libr

There appears to be some issues/incompatibility between the Windows Virtual Desktop, FSLogix, and using One Drive to sync a SharePoint library.

When we tried to do this, it caused mass corruption of files from the SharePoint library and some file deletion.

And there is an inefficient Process to restore back as there is no override existing file function.

I have attached some screenshots for reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. State feedback of Onedrive

The feedback of Onedrive must to be improved to show the real state of file updating. My notebook is too slow in running the startup procedures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SHERE

LA POSSIBILITà DI SHARE I FILE CON GLI UTENTI O UNA CATEGORIA COMUNE A TUTTI GLI UTENTI DOVE VENGONO CARICATI I FILE CHE TUTTI POSSONO DOWLOADARE ESEMPIO CARICAMENTO DEI FILE IN SHERING ROOM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have a button that saves the original copy and elimanates all other copies of the same photo song or document .

elimination of multiple copies of the same files from different synced source's

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I made it in google and I want it filed in GOOGLE!

When you block me from my own files....than in turn you block my focus and all my trust there's no way to accomplish any order on going further on any of my endeavors or random escapades!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better management of files located in and syned with personal vault

it is unclear whether files placed in the personal vault in OneDrive are synced with files on my PC or not. I consider my personal PC reasonably secure so would like to be able to flag files in "MyDocuments" folder to be synced in OneDrive to the Personal Vault. This would leave the local version of the file on my machine, allowing me to open it without having to unlock a vault.

I can anticipate this happening one of two ways. either allow individual items to be flagged and synced with the personal vault in the cloud offering the protection…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it work! It doesn't work for ****! I spend days trying to get video to load, it says it's loaded but it never is no matter the size of

Sync or upload, it simply does not work! The One Drive is a program that has never worked right and I've wasted weeks trying to get video to load. Fix the *** program!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Just make it more intuative.

If it's supposed to be all linked together we should just be able to drag stuff to it like any other drive on the computer. Why do we have to even open an app? I get it may need to be set up initially but then it should work and if it doesn't have an internet connection at the moment just temp store the file on the device until it can upload it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. merge mobile explorer into Onedrive

so that we have just one UI and all inside a single app in spite of swapping apps each time though it s all about the same ... managing files into folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Yedekleme saatini ayarlayabilelim kotalı kullanıcılar geceden sabaha kadar otomatik yedeklemek isteyebilir. saat ayarı gelsin

Yedekleme saatini ayarlayabilelim kotalı kullanıcılar geceden sabaha kadar otomatik yedeklemek isteyebilir. saat ayarı gelsin

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Escolher subpastas em diretórios no Onedrive durante a partilha na caixa de correio

Na caixa de correio para partilhar pastas, adicionar diretórios(caminhos a subpastas) para facilitar e poupar tempo, em vez de extrair para fora da pasta.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Return to last view

When I have a long list of file folders, after opening a folder and closing it OneDrive always return to the top of the folder page, which meant I have to scroll all the way down to find the last folder that I was looking at to find another thing in that same folder.

Please give an option to return to the last view when I exit the content of the folder so that I do not have to scroll time and time again to find what I needed.

This will be a very important improvement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do not change behavior without notification

Do not change the existing behavior without notification to the user. Especially fundamental behavior.
    I have a travel laptop and a desktop. I have close to 800mb of data I actively use on OneDrive. I expected that when I booted and started the laptop, and logged in for the first time in a year that after all the patches and rebooting, it would sync my files. I left a about a week later after the last reboot, expecting the sync to happen automatically like it always has before.
    I go abroad, and every file is marked with a stupid blue…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Acceso desde el escritorio de Windows

Se dificulta acceder a la aplicación desde el PC, siempre debo hacerlo en línea. Es suma veo colplicado trabajar en ella

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 为什么13亿中国人都喜欢的支付宝和微信不能在购买你们的OneDrive容量?

为什么13亿中国人都喜欢的支付宝和微信不能在购买你们的OneDrive容量?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base