OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't sync auto on local C drive when you install windows

Usually OneDrive it's not in the main drive because it takes a lot of disk space

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not delete files after the subscription is cancelled. Restore files to user.

Microsoft cancelled my subscription (365 for Family) so I can't log in to OneDrive. However, OneDrive continued to operate and removed most of the files. This was after "unlink this computer"
    Second user on same "cancelled" account is not allowed to log in but can't stop OneDrive. It is creating duplicate folders and files on two computers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change power settings for One Drive so it only syncs when plugged in - sucking the life out of my battery.

The option at the moment is to auto pause sync when the laptop is in battery saver mode. Why not change the option to be that sync ONLY happens when plugged in and then if you want to sync on battery you can, but the default is when plugged in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to de-sync folder so that it is only avalible locally

I got a new Windows 10 pc and quickly ran into issues with the default settings for onedrive. If I want to sync something I want to manually move it to onedrive folders not have every folder/file that is in specific standard locations, like documents, to sync as many games use documents to store background data and that'll just eat up the onedrive space and make the entire onedrive unusable for the data that I actually use it for. And there is no way to say delete it from onedrive without it deleting it from where it needs to be.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. it would be nice to be able to pause individual files that are syncing.

it would be nice to be able to pause individual files that are syncing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copia .pst

En onedrive->configuracion->copia de seguridad está "documentos", por defecto "Archivos de Outlook" están en la carpeta "documentos", porqué no deja respaldar achivos .pst, es incongruente esa política

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It doesnt enter the metadata that is included with my google takeout data so ill have to keep using google for my photo backup

It doesnt enter the metadata that is included with my google takeout data so ill have to keep using google for my photo backup

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Color Onedrive Folders differently

Color OneDrive Folders and Files differently than locally stored files, making it easier to differentiate, instead of creating chaos like it is now on my Girlfriends computer. Make Onedrive files and folders bright RED, before she accidentally deletes any more pictures.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A "Select All" feature would be handy

When you need to delete or move files from/off OneDrive there is no alternative but to tediously select each file you want to move or delete. When you're dealing with hundreds of files at once that requires an unreasonably long time, hours sometimes. Just an idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. File naming and sync

When uploading from my DSLR, I would like the files to be renamed with the date, etc, just like when my photos are taken off my iPhone. This would allow me to keep all my photos from different sources in one neat place - just like I could with DropBox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Check if multiple files are changed tot 0 kb and send a message. This can happened if a HDD is fixed after a problem.

I had a friend with onedrive where his computer fixed the HDD in the night. Multiple files where changes to 0kb to fix the HDD. Onedrive uploaded the new files to the cloud with 0 kb automatically, because the date was newer. Result was that the files can't be used anymore. And after 3 month the older versions are deleted. There is another solution, that if a file is changed to 0 kb, alway's keep the previous version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give me options for using/not using One Drive

I'm quite agitated how One Drive doesn't seem to give me any option where I can save files. Most of the saves are automatic. Then I get a notice that nothing can sync because my One Drive is full, but I have an option to buy more storage. I have more storage - external hard drives, thumb drives. I don't want my files anywhere that I can't see physically. Not out for any one to access. Why can't I seem to find anywhere to just get rid of this POS One Drive, and let me save my files where I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Onedrive Sync notifiction in Explorer File manager

Currently in windows 10_>Windows Explorer (File Manager), you will notice see screenshot, that when something is added to one drive, it starts syncing, but unlike google which shows right at the top lvl on file management, Google shows that it is syncing, but the One drive top lvl, does not show there only further down under whatever folder or file it is in.
    We need this also to do as google is going, show the sync icon spinning around on the top lvl Onedrive icon in Filemanger root left.

Thx.
    Ive pointed it out in

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base