OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

Make OneDrive 64 bit!

Make Onedrive 64 bit! Simple as that! 32 bit Onedrive process on 64 bit OS in 2016 is simply unacceptable!

2,264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Domagoj Peck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please that become ridiculous to have in 2018 our PC running with Microsoft 32bits app!!!

• Thomas Seymour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want maximum reliability with OneDrive on my Dell Inspiron desktop and 2-in-1 and Lenovo ThinkPad. I hope this'll be implemented by Nov. 1, 2019!

• Hermes Calderon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently I ask a Microsoft representative about the sync problems with OneDrive. He only answer that everything if fine with OneDrive, but running in 32 bits is really sad.

The easy way to make light applications is using 32 bits, the kind of applications that "consumers" are using today, and do not require resources. However, science or engineering applications are other history.

What is happening with windows 10? Some IT friend just say Microsoft is reserving 64 bits for servers and 32 bits for PCs, is it true?

• Jerry James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an early adopter of Win 10 since the first beta version was released for the tester team. I have seven pcs running win 10. I believe all but one are running 64 bit versions. One or two are running the pro version. One pro version Sony laptop is dedicated just for Win 10 usage and beta testing. (it has been off-line since Mid May due to office switch and remodel) I had a crash while running a Google browser just a few minutes ago and was unable to close any google browser on the desktop or from the google window taskbar icon I had pinned to the taskbar. I opened up task manager using Ctrl Alt Del to see what was going on. I checked the memory usage to see that there were many google instances running and they had taken up more memory that this PC has (8 Gb ram). I then discovered that there was an OneDrive 32 bit running and there was another 32 bit program running.
        What the heck? I should have known long ago that OneDrive was running 32 bit/ Running 32 bit explains why my extensive use of OneDrive between computers on the internet has caused me to experience longer delays in syncing files than I expected. (Still much quicker than Google Drive---I wonder if GDr is running?? need to reboot now!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

32 Bit OneDrive really? I'm no fan of Apple but they are looking increasingly more attractive. Cone MS, get your thumb out!

Yes please! It's ridiculous to have a main function like this only available in 32 bit.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are waiting for the 64bit. For some reason 32 is inadequate. For example, often, when folders are uploaded it doesn't upload the files themselves.

• Ron Molenkamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A bit strange that Microsoft is pushing her new operating system Windows 64 bit
        and not creating 64 bit software for its own platform.
        I vote DOUBLE yes to implement 64 bit ONEDRIVE as soon as possible !!

• Ricmf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is truly worse than that... i've made some experiments and found that in my organizations laptop i've instaled onedrive for Business (ODfB) 2016 in a laptop already with Office 2013 (!?!!?!?!), but when trying to install ODfB 2016 in my laptop i had to completely wipe Office 2013 lefties, corrupted office 2016, uninstalled office 2016, THEN installed ODfB 2016 , TO FIND OUT THAT i cant reinstall office 2016 64 bits BECAUSE ODfB 2016 is 32 bits...
        Way to go Microsoft, so 2016 64 bit versions doesn't exist or aren't compatible...
        Confused? So is Microsoft ...

64 bit becomes more important in the future, as the next release of Windows 10 will be running 32 bit programs in the protected ring, and thus 32 bit services will fail

64 bit doesn't do that much for what is basically a sync client tbh.. I'd rather have them work on the cloudplatform and fix the horrible photo-tag management.. I can live with the faulty autotag, but having to strip tags one by one (coz selecting a few photos and then pushing edit tag usually hangs the process), or downloading every single photo, deleting them from the cloud from wherever in the directory-structure, disabling tagging and then placing the pictures in the correct spot... that's undoable.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base