OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

allow shared files to be synced. Brilliant, eh?

allow shared files to be synced. Brilliant, eh?

259 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tony chiosso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is not already available, every other platform has this (dropbox, box, gdrive...). The folder shared with me does not appear in the "shared" folder...just doesn't make sense.

• Scott Wilkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To those that state "this is already available" It's not for business customers on the new OneDrive setup. You can revert to the old OneDrive for business and force this to occur. However, I feel this should be automatic and not require manual manipulation.

• Steven Bickle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already possible. All you need to do is go into the web interface at onedrive.live.com, go to your shared folder, select it and then click "Add to My OneDrive". After that it will be available to sync although I have found if it isn't visible at first then restart you computer and check through settings that it has been selected through "Account" the "Choose Folders".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second all these comments. This is the most basic of basic features OneDrive should have. It is the whole point.

• Ian Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just moved my business over from Google Drive. We have lots of individual files that we work collaboratively on and don't fit neatly together in a folder, and different people have different access. Putting each individual item in its own folder seems a colossal waste of time.

Please add this feature! It would certainly save time. From reading about the Microsoft updates making the software more user friendly, syncing the shared file portion of OneDrive should be on the list.
    Please make syncing shared folders & files apart of OneDrive.

• Neal Pringle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its unfortunate that there is only 21 comments in favor of implementing this function. Not a huge surprise though as I came upon this post by accident.

• Uthpala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this function is missing, it's the whole point I encouraged the team to use OneDrive. Better to use Google Drive!

• Erik Bojorges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential for online working, to add shared folders to OneDrive. Sounds completely ridiculous that this feature is available for non business.

Please add the ability to sync to files shared vial One Drive for Business! Thanks!

• Jason Ruen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement the ability to sync to PC folders that have been shared via One Drive for Business as soon as possible!

• Bertram Tasch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using this feature with all my Family OneDrive accounts and very surprised to find out that this feature is not implemented in the OneDrive for Business application.

Surprisingly, it is in the iPhone app as well as in the Win 10 desktop app.

So please Microsoft Folks, get that implemented ASAP. It's in my opinion mandatory when using OneDrive on a Business account!

I'll need it every day multiple times to access files which are shared with me by my co workers.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base