OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

"Refresh OneDrive" - Righ click Mouse option to prioritize File/Folder update Problem: I have several files changed during the week in o

Problem: I have several files changed during the week in one computer. During the weekend I use a different computer, but I want to work on a specific file/folder, but I have to wait OneDrive to update all different files before it gets to the file I want to use on that moment.
This reduces my productivity drastically.

IDEA: Microsoft implement an Refresh button (Right_click where my file should be updated -> Refresh Onedrive). So, this action would prioritize Onedrive to download/upload the files at this folder. And keep the rest of the update for later.

Thank you!

422 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Felipe Maion shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. I just created a word document saved it on my PC and about 30 min later I needed it on my desktop and the new document was not on the one drive. It would be great if the user can refresh a folder and get the files synced with in the folder

• Tederi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a lifesaver, given that OneDrive breaks for no reason and needs to be reset all too often. And this has been going on for years now. Will have to go back to DropBox after all.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this makes using OneDrive quite painful, if you need to swap PCs / Devices frequently.

USB drive still better in this respect, which defeats the point and other services have this simple feature. Come on MS.

• Hugh Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to prioritise the order folders are synced in would be really useful. I want my docs to update first then the GBs of photos to sync later. The way things are I'd probably be better off moving either my docs or images to a competitor's service.

• Matt M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does OneDrive even order the files when uploading or downloading?

• John Oswald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any answer to this query? How much input is required? It is essential, but left to its own devices, seems to only happen sporadically.

• Susanne Currie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I take pictures on my phone for work. The reason why I have OneDrive is so that I no longer need to "plug in" my phone to my computer in order to transfer the pictures. At some time, all pictures will be synced to my computer. However, I would like a way to force a sync as soon as I want to work with the pictures.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely essential. I have to move files to a USB device in order to work on them on another computer because for some reason syncing isn't always working as expected

• Eelco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I'm currently syncing a large amount of holiday videos. However, I'd like to prioritize everything else because I don't need them right now, unlike other documents.

• Satya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option would be great to have! I am suffering due to the lack of the same.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows updated and onedrive reset all my files, and I'm having to download everything again, about 300GB of file, without this feature, if I re-occur I'll cancel the plan, I'm a graphic designer and this will complicate my whole week of service.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a photographer using OneDrive for large photo libraries while travelling, this is crucial, especially when I am in a place with slow internet. A photo shoot is easily 100+ GB of raw images, but when I want to show a client some previews those files get sent to the end of the line behind all the huge originals.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base