OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

Enable syncing of files across O365 organizations

Many customers wan't the option to collaborate with OneDrive cross o365 organization, and have the option to sync the shared files with OneDrive. Right now you are only able to sync files shared within your own o365 organization. Right now the only option is to browse to the shared link and access the files. Trying to use "sync" will result in an error in OneDrive (next gen sync client) as shown in attached file.

2,393 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steinar Karlsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still getting the: Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now
    All the sharing settings are fully checked and ADAL is off.

Won't work, still the same issue.. bit sad for being SHAREpoint

Wonderful start but still a huge problem.

Disable ADAL gives other problems we can't accept.
    Is there a timeplan on fixing this with ADAL on?

• JonesBonez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone else receiving "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now / Please try again." even when all requirements are fulfilled from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/b2b-sync#b2b-sync-requirements ?

Interestingly we can sync other external tenant libraries from same client / account, just not one specific tenant's SP libraries by some reason. This checklist also passes - https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/odfb/2017/02/07/sorry-onedrive-cant-add-your-folder-right-now/ so not sure what else could cause this error

• C Colley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys need to expand on this to compete with DropBox, Box, etc. We really need the ability for our resellers that are not on 365 to sync some of our files to their computer and/or the OneDrive app.

It's good to see that you pushed this out for B2B but you're operating in a silo as if every company is on your platform.

Good start. Would love this to also work with guest team members using individual accounts (trustees for a charity in this case), so not a whole other organisation but individuals with personal email addresses.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen a lot of coming soon, shortly, 2019 but I would really appreciate a comment of when we can expect to see this. I didn't know of this shortcoming when switching to O365 and using Sharepoint/onedrive from Dropbox but now it looks like we will have to switch back.

• Almog Aley-Raz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will greatly appreciate an ETA for this feature. No good way to collaborate with partners who need local file access without this.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent a couple of hours trying to see if our business could dump our current Dropbox business account and use SharePoint sites instead. As with most other businesses, we have to share files/folders all the time, so syncing externally (both from and to us) is a must. I was genuinely surprised when I realised O365/SharePoint/OD cant do this already. Wow.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key funcionality I've been waiting for so long now. So many other cloud storage services have it. Why don't you MS?

Please Update me if the function is in place - in the meantime we switch the users to Dropbox Business

• Zoheb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us know the dates.
    This is something onedrive personal can do but onedrive for business can't.

• José commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes no sense at all that this feature is not developed yet.

Is there absolutely no workaround to this? We´ll have to forget about using OneDrive

• Esme Guevara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a firm date for the roll out? I love using sharepoints with guests but the UI and UX on the guest side is terrible and we've been given feedback on this. The OneDrive sync would fix all these issues. Thanks.

• Gavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be super handy for all small businesses who collaborate together and share files across o365 organisations.

this needs to get resolved. I have customers reverting back to dropbox for this functionality. As of right now, MS stands to lose 30 onedrive subscriptions over this

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base