OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

Enable syncing of files across O365 organizations

Many customers wan't the option to collaborate with OneDrive cross o365 organization, and have the option to sync the shared files with OneDrive. Right now you are only able to sync files shared within your own o365 organization. Right now the only option is to browse to the shared link and access the files. Trying to use "sync" will result in an error in OneDrive (next gen sync client) as shown in attached file.

2,169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steinar Karlsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Esme Guevara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a firm date for the roll out? I love using sharepoints with guests but the UI and UX on the guest side is terrible and we've been given feedback on this. The OneDrive sync would fix all these issues. Thanks.

• Gavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be super handy for all small businesses who collaborate together and share files across o365 organisations.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to get resolved. I have customers reverting back to dropbox for this functionality. As of right now, MS stands to lose 30 onedrive subscriptions over this

• JOZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working as an outside consultant (not within their IT environment) with international organizations, that have SharePoint/OneDrive for Business. They can share their files with me, but I am not able to sync them on with my computer and I always have to open the MS files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) in the online version of MS365 - very annoying. This would be a great feature to have. Please set to highest priority! Thanks!

• David Regis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our vendors needs to be able to sync files to their computer. These are our files and we should be able to decide who can or cannot sync them. Why is Microsoft controlling who can sync files?

Please fix this issue ASAP!

Sharing through O365 OneDrive web-interface works with other O365 tenants. Can't unterstand why OneDrive client does not support with feature.

Very much needed!

• Ed Dablin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would help our business hugely. Need to be able to collaborate in today's age.

• Josh Lane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a show stopper for much of our organization. We're hosting CAD files, and they work best in an explorer window. Now we're considering alternatives to OneDrive for file hosting.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur. OneDrive will be replaced with Dropbox/G Stream/Egnyte if it does not implement Cross Org Sync (On Demand) ASAP.

It's running behind the times and getting harder to say any day...

• Ray Phelps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a massive priority for us. We are developing a multi-tenanted SharePoint system where our entire user base are added as guests. As already mentioned this has been announced at Ignite so could you please change the status and provide us with an estimate on when this will go live.

• Anders Wall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must if it shall work. Gmail have this function for long time. If you share files with other person outside your organisation. You must be able to see them in OndeDrive under Shared files. If you shall search your mailbox evry time you want to open a file from another person outside your organisation it will not work. It is not user friendly and it take to long time! This is a must!
        So please set a high priority on this.

Microsoft, you evangelize about collaboration, which are OneDrive and SharePoint are purposeful tools, and do you remove this feature? This is very important for the different needs of our business. You request that we post to UserVoice and we have 1822 requests and "are thinking about it"? Please...

• Karray.a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's an important option, personally if in a short time there will not be a change, and adding this option I will migrate to gmail and DropBox.

So Microsoft, please find a solution in the shortest time of this problem

• Karray.a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing on One Drive: I wanted to share files with people who have an ordinary One Drive, but when I send them a share, they can open it only in a WEB browser, they could not add to their folder (the option add to my space is missing). And also when they send me an invitation on a folder, I can only open it in a browser and I can not add it to my workspace (he asks me to login when I click add to my account One drive, and at that moment, knowing that I am connected with my account 365, it sends me to a login page that does not accept my email as a microsoft account) Please help me and clarify these points, it's important for my work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base