OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

OneDrive Files On-Demand for non-Windows 10 Windows

Please port the functionality of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/8888062-onedrive-files-on-demand to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 2008 and 2012.

1,159 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jos Anoniem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will files on demand be supported for microsoft virtual desktops so we can all ditch rds?

• GrantR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this to Server 2016 which would support Citrix environments

• Jon Banks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the ability to view files in File explorer without necessarily choosing to sync everything in Windows 7. I know you have this capability for Windows 10 with Files On-Demand, but some of us are stuck with Windows 7 for now and would love to have this feature. Thanks!

See my help thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_winother-mso_o365b/accessing-sharepoint-in-file-explorer-without/d868c279-90d9-47ca-a160-906314f2561d?messageId=10dd5c36-f8b7-4103-94b0-d3f6fbb9a4e7

Head meet wall...
        So we looked into a temp alternative to this until place holders arrives on server 2016, looked like mapped network drives to the document stores would be a workable solution for now for what we needed.
        Followed the guide and it works ok except that the drive keeps disconnection after a while and you have to go into IE to open the webpage to make the drive work again despite the site being in trusted etc.
        OK that must be a bug.. NOPE its by design.. so another half baked solution that they don't want to fix.(4 years this has been a known issues)
        When will MS actually make products people want and fix things they ask for rather and stop removing features people use in place of ramming crud down our throats..

Any update on this we have a number of client deployments on hold and other clients wanting this ASAP.

• Todd Friesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will reiterate the need for this on Windows Server. Ideally I would want it on Server 2012 R2, but I would be content with Server 2016. We too have a hosted desktop (Citrix) and OneDrive creates a challenge for that environment.

• Scott Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anytime you want to support this on RDS / Server 2016 would be great; it would be really nice if the various MS dev departments would ever talk to each other.

• Mike J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

get with the cloud bro. ...need FOD for 2016 server. I'm one of the least tech-savvy posters, and it's an obvious hole in your offering. We're already using Office, and Windows, and Edge, and Office 365. Just need FOD for a complete package. Don't think AMZN isn't at the doorstep of offering a competing product. Hurry up.

You have been thinking about this for 10 months. Can you please provide an update?

We have a large number of users accessing servers via Remote Desktop and they currently save files to mapped drives on our Windows file server. As we are moving to SharePoint Online they can not longer save files to our file storage solution. Please make FOD available on Windows 2016 Server.

• Gary Herbstman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive is not usable on RDS servers without On-Demand. Other vendors products already support this on RDS.

• Stefania Castelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, sir.
        Are you all still thinking? Any step ahead?
        Please, inform us of any possible update :-)
        Have a nice day

• Simon Harri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FOD on Server 2016 please!!!!!!! 75% of our estate uses Citrix Published Desktop via RDS on Server 2016

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base