OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

Migrate more folders using Known Folder Move

A few weeks ago, you released this great feature you named Known Folder Move[1]. I find it awesome.

I think you should protect more of the user profile using it. Music and Video are great candidates (and already have OneDrive equivalents).

There are other folders I think would be interesting to move. They already have an OneDrive equivalent, but I don't know if any app uses them:
* Favorites
* 3d Objects
* Saved Games

[1] https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/Migrate-Your-Files-to-OneDrive-Easily-with-Known-Folder-Move/ba-p/207076

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christian Hartung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with comments below - surely can't be that hard to allow us to select further "known folders" to move to OneDrive.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the interest of using OneDrive as a valid back up, it would be useful the entire user hive had the option of being migrate with Know Folder Migration.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like more control of this as well.

In the context of the environment I currently support, our preference would be for users not to store music or videos at all, but based on a quick analysis, the percent that do is pretty low. In terms of desktop support, we'd like to be able to hand users a new machine confident they'll have all of their stuff.

• Larry K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would great if you could add all the same folders that can be done by folder redirection and let us decide which ones we want to do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome, why stop at pictures and documents alone?
    And indeed, as Brad Meyer mentioned, Downloads would be nice to add to this list as well.

• Brad Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd suggest adding the Downloads folder as well since far too many users work out of that directory too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base