OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. le transfert des donnees du tel vers l ordinateur doit etre ameliore

le transfert des donnees devrait se faire plus rapidement et ordinateur ferme ...bien souvent les documents que je transfert je les retrouve plus rapidement sur le net et le site de OneDrive Alors que sur mon pc elle ne sont pas encore telechargees

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make timeout adjustable or make it so timeout doesn't occur during file transfers

make timeout adjustable or make it so timeout works with file or data transfer so it doesn't time out in the middle of moving a large file or many files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Onedrive with a Dropbox share from soneone else, without having Dropbox account

I don't have a dropbox account but I do have onedrive both personal and business on my desktop and laptop. All good.

However clients often want to share a dropbox folder with me and I'd like not to have to install dropbox too.

Is it possible that these shared with me folders can be sync'd into Onedrive so they and I can keep them updated?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug - Client won't sign in after removing user from synced library.

Bug - OneDrive client won't sign in after removing someone from sharepoint library what they are syncing, /reset doesn't help, only deleting the profile and re-setting up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change Settings Dialogue Box

The dialog box shows "Unlink PC" when in fact, I am not linked. It also says "no account" but the terminology "account" and "linked PC" are not the ssame and are imprecise. This is confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. stay away from print screen button registration

stay away from print screen button registration (ctrl+prntscreen)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Managing Security For Onedrive on different computer

Dear One Drive Team,
    I find it is really convenience to have Onedrive installed on multiple computer. However, I would like to block access to my Onedrive on other computer. For example, I have one Laptop and a public Desktop. I would like to sync my datas on both computers. While the public computer keeps syncing, it is impossible for other to access it except myself. Do we have or develop some kind of function like this?

Thank you,
    THINH

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i cannot access ac login option in onedrive

i cannot access ac login option in onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. under settings allow me to determine which folders are cloud vs local.

Open the onedrive app, settings, choose folders. Instead of only downloading the folder allow the ability to cloud sync only in addition to download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Do not start OwnCloud

Do not start Owncloud when I simply told it not to start on startup. This is a sign that I do not want to use it. So do not try to force me to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deleting Folders with "Rights" problem on own PC

Yesterday (17th October) while trying to solve why my "PC version" of One Drive showed 3 Files that I could not "Delete" because I had insufficient "Rights" as an Administrative "User", I considered the advice I had obtained from Vijay Verma on the "One Drive" support team, to refer the matter to Windows Technical team, and it struck me that the problem was in fact due to the way that Microsoft had configured the access to One Drive.
    I thus decided, that as I had a copy of the installation downloaded for One Drive still in my "downloads folder", that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Default to protected not open edit access on files

I learned the hard way that others could edit documents that I had saved. When I emailed they edited them and I was never able to retrieve the original. I was flabbergasted that open edit was the default!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Connected Services in Outlook to be disabled.

We have found intermittent contact search issues, using the 'Search People' section under in the To-Do pane in Outlook. This is due to the Connected Services under Office Account, e.g. SharePoint/OneDrive. Sometimes a search will display the local Outlook contact. Sometimes it will show a contact from SharePoint (with limited information). The flexibility to disable Connected Services in Outlook, or prioritise local Outlook contacts, would be appreciated by some users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. support editing xlsx and xlsm files with partialy protected cells

currently it is not possible to edit and safe excel files with protected cells while the file is in ondrive.
    current workaround is : copy file to desktop, change , safe, copy back.

it would be nice to apply the change directly while the file is in onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according

It will be good if we can pause files so small size file uploaded first. It would be great if we can pause and sync multiple doc according to our need . Currently if we pause it paused all files .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One Drive Needs Security via 2FA Authenticator App before logging in on Windows 10 Pro

Add 2FA via Authenticator App Random #'s, before allowing backups on One Drive when logging in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base