OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the use of Whatsapp and other social netwoks to share photos

When working with your pc, there are very few options to share your photos, compared with the sharing options avilable in the android app. Popular apps like whatsapp, instagram, twiter or apps like evernote should be allowed

Alternatively, the android app should include the "On this day" feature, (which is fantastic) as is the case in the windows app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sync on 4G LTE Laptop

Please add in setting. Can sync freely on 4G LTE network. I have unlimited 4G LTE.
    Now it by default pauses.
    There is no problem in Metered Network. No way to save the setting to sync freely on 4G LTE. Must each time click allow. Torturing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. onedrive网站总是无法打开,并且上传加载速度都非常的缓慢。

onedrive网站总是无法打开,并且上传加载速度都非常的缓慢。严重影响工作使用

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shared channel between 2 different Teams

Have a channel that would be directly accessible and visible in two separate teams. This would be a shared channel without having to create another team just to share the data. The channel would sync back and forth between the two teams.

Example:

Data team and a Network team.
    Have a channel for server maintenance that would live in both teams so if one team is doing something that could affect the other team, this data can be posted in there without the need to create another team with all users or having to share a link for each incident…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Desktop Files

Thanks for the app. It's been a great option for storing my files across multiple devices.

Would love if the files on my desktop could display showing the first page of each file (eg, File A, a book, displays the cover of that book - as it used to be until several weeks ago), rather than displaying the bland red and white 'pdf'.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it so that it works AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH..........

, I am trying for hours to sync the drive with my home pc and it crashes everytime I try to open the folder.
    Instead of making this object expensive (upgrade) (to what??? more misery?)
    Not all products from the Mickey stable are perfect for all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE SYNC SETTINGS??????????

Now, if I choose not to download files, they will no longer be seen in file explorer????????? That is what it now says. Thanks, you made changes and onedrive suddenly started downloading all my files. Now my data is used up for the month. This is incompetence, pure and simple.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reduce the size of the OneDrive Sync Box on desktop

The window is too big and I can't see the options at the bottom. Please allow us to reduce the size of the window with control - keys or with the mouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 无法同步,又无法取消预定,续费还是自动的。

本来希望购买后能获得更好的服务,可是现在手机端和PC端完全没办法同步。而订购了服务后,续费又是自动的。请问如何取消自动续费?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow set custom number to syc at once from 1 to some maximum.

At the moment you get something like eight or so files syncing at once, all fighting for the limited upload speed better to only sync one or two massive files at once and queue the others. This is important for massive gigabyte files because faster they are copied in their entirety then they are same if something goes wrong don't want a massive file to have to start from the beginning. It also means the computer file can be shared faster rather than split the upload capacity between lots of files that are all uploading together. If it's customizable then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why we cannot see the speed when sync

I hope to see the speed so that I could know if I should turn down some downloading mission or something else.
    That's important.
    I think many people need the experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change Wording of "Always keep on this device" to "Keep on this device" (Remove 'always')

Change Wording of "Always keep on this device" to "Keep on this device" (Remove 'always')

The phrase "Always Keep On This Device" is confusing and misleading. The functionality of on-demand files means that you have the option of downloading and offloading files at a time of your choosing.

When I see the phrase "Always keep on this device", it sounds like OneDrive intends for my device to be the primary and only storage location for these files. "Always" indicates permanent, ongoing.

I think "always" should be removed so that it doesn't imply that choosing this option is a permanent action.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Again I my files are messed up and I get a message saying I can't save the file because it's open on another computer. THIS ISN'T TRUE.

because it's open in another computer. THIS ISN'T TRUE. IT ISN'T OPEN ANYWHERE ELSE. PHOOEY. IF YOU CAN'T FIX THESE PROBLEMS, THEY WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME SO I CAN FIND ANOTHER WAY TO SYNC MY FILES. PHOOEY

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop repeatedly bothering me with popups to enable features. Stop putting spam in my finder.

Stop repeatedly bothering me with popups to enable features. Stop putting spam in my finder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give me a list of links already shared

Give me a list of links already shared. An BTW, read what people sent you, don't ask them to categorize for you. The customer is not your secretary...,. DUH!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. control data synch accross multiple devices using onedrive to manage data usage on a metered network connection. Had PC's and IOS devices

control data synch across multiple devices using onedrive to manage data usage on a metered network connection. Had multiple PC's and IOS devices connected to my onedrive account and this caused my daily usage to increase 15 to 20 times normal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Frequent failure in uploading huge files

I am trying to upload a file of size 2.7GB. Onedrive for business is syncing it daily and one day it could upload 900MB. But when I had to shutdown my laptop and start next day it again trys to upload from begining. Why cant onedrive for desktop start upload from where it stopped? it is not a good for a tool to take more than a fortnight to try uploading a huge file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base