OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase file name character limit

People who have multiple folder layers and detailed file names are severely penalised by having the 260 / 400 character limit to a file name.

This is a poor limitation and is leading me to consider leaving the OneDrive service. I'm certain you can come up with a solution to increase this limit, remove it, or make it so that the file path isn't stored in the file name!

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Client for Citrix

Release a OneDrive client for Citrix XenApp which doesn't rely on local cache.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow multiple personal OneDrive Accounts on each Device

It’s great being able to sync both my personal and business OneDrive accounts on each of my devices. We have several family members that share a single computer, but we are unable to have multiple personal accounts open at once. It would be great if multiple accounts could be open and synced at once.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include Music and Videos folders in Known Folder Sync

The new Known Folder Sync / Auto Save feature in OneDrive is great but the functionality should be extended to also include Music and Videos folders. Does anyone know if Microsoft have any plans for this?

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ignore symlink

I get it, you don't want to code support for symlinks, that's fine. But for the love of god, at least let onedrive ignore them while syncing. I have a lot of projects in OneDrive but my workflow requires to have a few symlinks within their folders. I don't need the content of symlinks to be synced, i just need them to be there. I just want onedrive to look at symlink while syncing and say "huh, this is a symlink, I'm just gonna pretend it's not here, instead of crashing and burning and runing everything!"

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make OneDrive the default save location for Minecraft worlds

Makes it easy to load and save Minecraft worlds across devices.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable "Access your files on the go" notification

On Windows and macOS, users will sporadically get a notification from the OneDrive client stating "Access your files on the go" and giving users a way to download iOS and Android versions of the app. We, and likely other businesses, do not want users accessing their files from personal mobile devices. While we do restrict access, it's confusing to users to see this message when it's not something we want offered. We would like to have control over which notifications users can see (granular) with Group Policy (Windows) and Configuration Profiles (mac).

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. notifications

on desktop onedrive can you add notifications for when a file is added or updated in a shared folder, like how dropbox does? thanks!

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 希望可以像git那样设置不上传/同步某个文件或文件夹

rt,希望可以像git那样设置不上传/同步某个文件或文件夹

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shared with me folder

When someone shares a file/folder with me in Google Drive, this file/folder is located in "Shared with me" folder in online version (web version), but I cannot see that folder/file in the "Google Drive" folder located in my computer (Local folder). If I want to see that file/folder in my local folder, I have to move the folder/file to "My Files" folder, then the local folder will synchronize the information. This feature is not available in OneDrive. Is possible to enable this option in OneDrive to be able to see all shared documents in our machines?

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the "Favorites" folder to Know Folder move to they are redirected automatically.

Add the "Favorites" folder and database (for Edge) to the Know Folder move / Auto Save to be able to sync favorites. This way users will have their Favorites follow them as they move workstations, just like desktop, documents and pictures.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. disable onedrive

allow the system admin to completely disable onedrive and cortana...they are annoying!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Screenshot name

Right now, OneDrive names screenshots that get saved to OneDrive automatically with the date only. When taking several screenshots on one day, the folder looks like the attached picture.
    Please name the screenshots with date & time, so that each screenshot has their own name, and they get arrangered correctly - right now, the screenshot with the (1) is in front of the other, even though it was taken after the screenshot wothout the (1).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have OneDrive stay collapsed.

As it stands now when one opens File Explorer in Windows 10, the new ODB client expands down so if you have dozens of folders in your ODB sync folder you can only see ODB and no other folders or resources on the PC. I click arrow to collapse it but the very next time I open File Explorer it's expanded out again. It's quite arrogant for MS to assume we want to work nowhere bu tin ODB folders.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move to OneDrive

Please, remove the "Move to OneDrive" context menu for each file.
    Keep clicking that stupid entry and not having a clue where my files did go >.<
    Undo doesn't work.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. slow,china,slow,

slow,china,slow,

up-20-30k
    down-100k
    my lan 20m

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. App Photos show only photos of the photo folder!

It is really very boring enter the Photos app and see images that are in my documents folder. If a picture is in my documents folder, because I do not 'think' like a photo.
    I am web developer and use the onedrive to save my projects, and it appears much useless thing (image sprits, logos, banners) in the middle of my photos.
    Give an option to configure it!

== Potuguês abaixo ==
    É muito muito chato entrar no app de Fotos e ver imagens que estão na minha pasta de documentos. Se uma imagem está na minha pasta de documentos,…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Password protect OneDrive setting on the PC

Users should have the option to password protect OneDrive settings. For example: If you only sync a few folders from OneDrive, an administrator could log into your account, and change settings to sync all folders, and access folders that you never intended to have on that computer (i.e. personal files).

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple files downloaded without being ZIPPED

I want to be able to download MULTIPLE FILES files as they were originally uploaded. Having to "UNZIP" the files after download is extra steps and creates extra directories etc

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow KFM to ignore OneNote Files.

We are trying to protect 40k machines and currently most have at least one local OneNote file (default when you first launch OneNote). All users are now getting the error that KFM can not continue and you need to follow Doc *** to move local OneNotes first.

As Documents folder is not removed from local profile, can an additional setting be added to bypass OneNote files and leave them in the profile Documents folder, and only Warn the user that they will not be migrated and they should follow the documentation to migrate them to OneDrive post migration.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base