OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. KFM - Exclude folders (Desktop) by GPO or registry

Known Folder Move on a user with multiple devices is a bit buggy. If multiple shortcuts with same name they will get duplicated on both devices etc.

Please add the ability to exclude folders, like \Desktop, from being included in the Known Folder Move.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add OneDrive to Windows File Explorer Ribbon

Add OneDrive share and send-to options to the Windows File Explorer Ribbon. Use the existing Share tab or on add a new dedicated OneDrive tab.

Include:
    • Share on OneDrive
    • Share on OneDrive Business
    • Share on SharePoint

• Send to OneDrive
    • Send to OneDrive Business
    • Send to SharePoint

Also match these options with the right-click context-menu feature recently added to the Windows File Explorer.

Adding OneDrive to the File Explorer Ribbon will increase end-user awareness and discoverability.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide uninstall option for OneDrive

As per description, please provide uninstall option for OneDrive to fully remove the daemon and any possibility of data being moved to a non local storage environment.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offline Shared Folder Access

I would like to see files which are shared with me in the same manner I view my own files - within Windows Explorer.

If you want to get a large file when in a bad signal/wifi area, it becomes an aggravating mess.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include Music and Videos folders in Known Folder Sync

The new Known Folder Sync / Auto Save feature in OneDrive is great but the functionality should be extended to also include Music and Videos folders. Does anyone know if Microsoft have any plans for this?

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow sync to external devices

Currently, syncing OneDrive to an external device (Such as an external HDD) is unusable. It is impossible to keep synced up, and will constantly prompt for the user to to re-sync their OneDrive, defaulting to C:\Users[User]\OneDrive. After attempting this for a few months, I finally bit the bullet and accepted that syncing OneDrive to an external device is unusable in its current implementation.

To resolve this, I would suggest the following:

OneDrive remembers where it was synced - even if the drive is no longer present. So rather than starting the initial setup, the user would receive an error along…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OPen file explorer instead of Online Shareponit

When sharing documents from desktop, the link opens up the online sharepoint folder. We would like the option to open the link to file or folder in file explorer on desktop instead

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support multiple drives in PC

I have all my program software on the C drive and all my user data and files on a second internal drive. This is due to the fact I do a lot of photography and need a lot of capacity. I would like to sync all my second drive user files to OneDrive, but I understand I can only sync C drive files. Please consider enhancing the OneDrive app for Windows 7 to enable syncing of a second internal drive.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support SAML (ADFS) Auth on SP2019 OnPrem for OneDrive Windows Client!!

Why OneDrive doesnt Support SAML on SP2019 On Prem?

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Personal vault needs to sync while locked

Personal vault needs to background sync while locked. Moved 2.5GB of data into personal vault, 20 minutes later it locked in the middle of first sync, then wouldn't let me unlock it ("something went wrong try again"). I had to completely disconnect my pc and reconnect to OneDrive to get it to start syncing again... and then none of my folders were in the vault because the folder hadn't finished the initial sync! Bad design Microsoft. Personal vault HAS to be able to sync while locked, otherwise it's pretty much useless. Oh and by the way, after disconnect/reconnect, I did…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Onedrive does not function in a upd (user profile disk) environment

Onedrive does not function in a upd (user profile disk) environment

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OneDrive Client for Citrix

Release a OneDrive client for Citrix XenApp which doesn't rely on local cache.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Screenshot name

Right now, OneDrive names screenshots that get saved to OneDrive automatically with the date only. When taking several screenshots on one day, the folder looks like the attached picture.
    Please name the screenshots with date & time, so that each screenshot has their own name, and they get arrangered correctly - right now, the screenshot with the (1) is in front of the other, even though it was taken after the screenshot wothout the (1).

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Compile for ARM64 PC's please !

I'm using the official Microsoft Surface Pro X and saw that OneDrive is running emulated, consuming more power and being slower than it would be in ARM64 compiled version!
    Please, consider delivering OneDrive for ARM64 windows PC's

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Windows - shared by me and shared with me interface

Our users complain that they have to go online or find an email when want to access file or folder that was shared with them. Or when they want to see all the files that were shared by them.
    It would be great to have an interface in Windows to replicate online experience

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. onedrive as a network location

could you make it possible to set onedrive as a network drive?

There is an app called netdrive2 which does this but would be better if it could be built into the desktop app to allow this rather than just having it as a folder

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add possibility to exclude files by extension to OneDrive.

It would be nice to have possibility to exclude files by extesion (such as ipch) or by filename pattern (such as *.ipch).

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make OneDrive the default save location for Minecraft worlds

Makes it easy to load and save Minecraft worlds across devices.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. disable onedrive

allow the system admin to completely disable onedrive and cortana...they are annoying!

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shared with me folder

When someone shares a file/folder with me in Google Drive, this file/folder is located in "Shared with me" folder in online version (web version), but I cannot see that folder/file in the "Google Drive" folder located in my computer (Local folder). If I want to see that file/folder in my local folder, I have to move the folder/file to "My Files" folder, then the local folder will synchronize the information. This feature is not available in OneDrive. Is possible to enable this option in OneDrive to be able to see all shared documents in our machines?

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base