OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. support native playback of .iso files

I made digital backups of my DVD collection and uploaded the .iso files to OneDrive. I would love to be able to playback these files in the Movies & TV or OneDrive app on the Xbox.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Random photo slideshow on xbox one

Please add the ability to view your personal photos randomly during a slideshow on the xbox one. ie add a shuffle feature to photo slideshows.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sell OneDrive space in 50 GB increments. I don't need nor want Office 365.

Sell OneDrive space in 50 GB increments. I don't need nor want Office 365.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tighter security (or info about what is being accessed) and a system-wide login

As someone who practices good password doctrine, and likes having 2FA, I'm happy that MS supports both. However, currently any app that you want to allow access to OneDrive on the phone asks you to enter your email+password+2FA*. As far as I can tell, after that the app seems to have carte blanche as to what it can do on your OneDrive.

* The app for which happens to be on my phone.

First, I suggest that apps are forced to tell whether they do or don't have carte blanche on the OneDrive service. I would also suggest that they…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring albums do Xbox

Add the new albums feature to the Xbox apps.

(To me, you can even replace the old "album is folder" convention of the app with the new "album is album", but people will dislike that).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to upload "Living Images" taken by Windows Camera

Ability to upload "Living Images" taken by Windows Camera into Onedrive for later viewing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer direct uploads and the ability to upload multiple clips at once.

Since Upload Studio is pretty limiting in its editing options, I tend to upload clips to One Drive, download them, and then edit them on my PC. The two main problems making this a hassle is that we're forced to upload to One Drive AND Upload Studio, and that we're unable to upload more than one clip at a time (unless we just bundle a bunch together in Upload Studio, adding yet another step to us PC editors).

So I suggest offering us the option to upload our clips directly to OneDrive instead of forcing us the upload to Upload…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Yammer "Messenger" for Windows Phone

Like "Facebook" has done with its application "Messenger", it would be interesting to provide an external mail tool for Yammer, which would help user to be more available and which would use Windows Phone notifications.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide option to search a specific folder not the entire cloud

Provide the option to search a specific folder not the entire cloud

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Me to Multitask when playing audio via Onedrive Windows Phone:

When I play media, audio for example, I cannot multitask. I wish one drive played media like the podcasts app, with it i can switch to other apps and the audio still plays. It does not function like that in one drive

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When selecting items in a list there should be a select all option

When selecting items in a list there should be a select all option

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pin files to Windows 10 Mobile startscreen

Re-enable the option to pin files to the start screen. Currently only folders can be pinned, but files are super important as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use the current Onedrive UI and UX for the Windows 10 Photos App

The latest update to the Windows Phone Onedrive app is just great. I'm glad Microsoft actually listened to their users!

However, the preview Windows 10 Photos app is just AWFUL!!!

Microsoft got rid of the Windows Phone 7.* panorama/pivots in 8, which were beautiful btw, however, they have gone even further into hideousness and Android style blandness in version 10.

Now to get to different folder views such as 'Albums', 'Favourites' (if they exist anymore!) you now have to click the Hamburger icon on the top left, then wait for the menu to appear, then click a view from the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cutomize the share link

Make it possible to customize the link when sharing the folder, for example, with user's name or any business name included, making the link easy to recognize and more professional.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. onedrive

You should be able to remove onedrive from your phone not everyone wants to be apart of microsoft scams its a con and you should be able to remove the app from your phone or pc because i cant stand the app if i cant remove it i shall join in apple

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. pc files

Make OneDrive for windows phone to reach files on PC like the feature in OneDrive web which allows us to enter our trusted PCs

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement to syncronize the OneDrive database to mobilephone's Micro SD card.

Implement to syncronize the OneDrive database to mobilephone's Micro SD card. Modern smart phones (fxp. Lumia 950 series) supports large SD cards, and sometimes it would be useful to use the OneDrive database offline, if the database would locates in Your mobilephone.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Windows Phone cannot "Copy Link" for sharing files from One Drive.

I needed to share a file from my One Drive in an email reply to a client. The workflow on Windows Phone does't allow you to copy the link after specifying the permissions to the file. After the permission "View Only" or "Edit" is selected the workflow then toggles you to the next step in the sharing workflow which is to select the client tool ( email, SMS, etc.) for sharing. It is only then the share link for the file is generated and even then the link doesn't provide copy / paste functionality to within the new created communication…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to un-install Onedrive App from Windows 10 mobile

give user ability to un-install onedrive app from windows 10 mobile , as sometime for temporary time - we need to un-install onedrive .

please sir , become more consumer friendly , think like consumer and when we un-install , user can't able to see photos - even they on ( show onedrive photos ) via photos app in windows 10 mobile

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base