OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. faster info on available space on SkyDriver or OneDrive

I don't use the OneDrive much because I can not click properties as I do on a storage drive and get available space. I have had too many notes telling me I have so many gigs added because of something I've done. Windows 10 is so slow that by the time I can figure out if there is space, I have gotten out a thumb drive or plugged in an external. I have been trying for an hour to find a straight answer to the question that updates to something started and now once again my computer is useless. The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish the Onedrive Software Can still take Screenshot even if there is no Internet Connection.

Cannot take Screenshot when there is no Internet Connection. . Sometimes I wont be able to have Internet connection, so I hope Onedrive Software can still take Screenshots with or without Internet Connection.

Thank you and more power!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. vietnames bad work

very sad this today ..!why powers change think over human in devil ready kill 1 man

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 不喜欢onedrive,如何设置可以永远不要弹出来

不喜欢onedrive,如何设置可以永远不要弹出来

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ใช้ยาก ไม่ประทับใจ

เป็น app ที่ใช้งานยาก และไม่ค่อยสะดวก ทำให้ผู้ใช้สับสนระหว่างไฟล์ที่จะเก็บลงเครื่องกับไฟล์ที่เซฟไว้บน online สุดท้ายมักจะต้องโหลดไฟล์ทั้งหมดลงเครื่องใหม่ประจำ เสียเวลา ใช้มาหลายเดือนแล้วไม่ประทับใจเลย

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to have a delay on syncing files that were updated many times

When applications are frequently updating and releasing the same set of files, OneDrive struggles to keep up. I suggest having an adjustable option for setting a buffer for these types of things. For example, if OneDrive tries to update the same file multiple times within a minute, allow a buffer of say 5 minutes to prevent OneDrive from trying to sync every change made to that file. This would prevent high CPU usage and battery drain while frequently changing the same files.

Thank you for your time and consideration! :)

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE: (not more explanation)

Using Intellij, OneDrive goes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ubicar sitios de SharePoint en el qeuipo del usuario en una ruta dirente a la de OneDrive

Por favor permitan configurar el almacenamiento de los sitios de SharePoint en la PC en una ruta diferente a la de el Onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make warning about a locked file more prominent

It happens too often with a few files i work with throughout the whole day (Excel, Word). I save this files hundreds of times during the dat. At the end of the day i close them and turn off my PC and then on another PC i find a morning only version. So whole day of work is not synced for some reason. Because OneDrive for some reason was not able to access the file. If i open OneDrive action center it shows a red warning there. But i vert rarely look into action center. I would love for it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. if I have multiple login on one PC can OneDrive folder be shared between then in a common folder instead of under the individual users? EG a

if I have multiple login on one PC can OneDrive folder be shared between then in a common folder instead of under the individual users? EG available to all that log onto this PC - as in other softwares...C:/Users/Public

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be really helpful if, when updating, or anything really, if it would say where it is getting the files FROM

It can be very confusing if you don't know where the update is coming from, as partway through, the source folder disappears from the original place, to be put into the OneDrive folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Partage de dossier et fichiers

Système de partage de dossiers et de fichiers pas du tout intuitif et pas pratique sur onedrive par rapport à Dropbox.
    - Impossible de partager un dossier ou un fichier directement depuis le menu contextuel the window il faut systématiquement aller sur la version web.

- les dossiers partagés n'apparaissent pas dans le dossier onedrive du PC avec qui on a partagé ce dossier. Il faut là aussi aller sur la version web de onedrive pour retrouver le dossier partagé. C'est beaucoup moins intuitif que sur Dropbox par exemple et mes parents ne comprennent absolument rien à cette façon de…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Set up Onedrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack?

Windows Defender Security Center told: "Set up Onedrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack" Even though I installed onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow use of ondrive photos for desktop background

My photos app is always up to date with content from my phone, but I cannot set any of those as a desktop background. This is really dumb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sarebbe utile avere la

Sarebbe utile poter selezionare contemporaneamente anche i video (ad esempio quelli di WhatsApp) che richiedono ancora il caricamento manuale singolo, davvero fastidioso... Inoltre dover tenere la app aperta per il caricamento è una vera seccatura

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. onedrive在windows有一个备份文件,我一直在OneDrive上修改文件,因为未知原因自动上传只上传到2018年5月。最近登入后打开文档出错了,可能不小心点击下载覆盖,18年5月后面的数据被覆盖掉了,能否有办法恢复?

onedrive在windows有一个备份文件,我一直在OneDrive上修改文件,因为未知原因自动上传只上传到2018年5月。最近登入后打开文档出错了,可能不小心点击下载覆盖,18年5月后面的数据被覆盖掉了,能否有办法恢复?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Music to the default folder set selection for automatic syncing.

Add Music to the default folder set selection for automatic syncing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Most

Moomxx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. windows8-1

I like my windows8-1 to start soon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base