OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My thoughts on OneDrive

1- Microsoft is huge with some of the best developers in the world on staff, but I'm wondering if there is anyone there that is concerned with the UI/UX of things. One drive is like a box that someone threw in the middle of a room and added a couple of dividers leading you to believe it was a much better developed program than it is. Sure take your time and separate your files into the folders but their search function. Is literally the equivalent of mixing all your files back together again to look for one specific file. It's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. silentConfig

As an Enterprise administrator, I want to deploy OneDrive with absolutely ZERO user interaction (silentConfig). Following all the guidelines in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/use-silent-account-configuration, I am puzzled why hybrid Azure AD join is a pre-requisite. I have federated SSO already enabled through PingFed. I have submitted a separate request for true silent config where the GPOs do not require the user to hit any buttons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make all files available / always keep on this device confusion

I don't understand why, after having chosen all folders to be available on my pc (Settings-Choose Folders-Folders That you choose will be available on this PC; and I chose all of them, and the option "make all files available" is ticked), I have to go to the Onedrive folder, right click on any particular file or folder, and then choose the item from contextual menu called "always keep on this device". I thought the former should do the job but apparently the files were not physically there till I did the latter. Seems too confusing to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. when taskbar auto hides the window is under the taskbar and imposible to acces

when taskbar auto hides the window is under the taskbar and imposible to acces.
    posible to move the window away from the taskbar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. netword speed is very slow, so "share file and work together" is useless

netword speed is very slow, so "share file and work together" is useless.
    think about local host in china

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Opt out of backup by category

Options should allow user to select file categories to be backed up on One Drive. I do not need photo backup and would like to opt out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sync kills everything super slow super high latancy it restores deleted files maybe a problem wich the steam sync ...

sync kills everything super slow super high latancy it restores deleted files maybe a problem wich the steam sync ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't Limit is useless

The Don't Limit for upload appears to be useless. When I use it. it will almost immediately kill my network connection. I have to reset my modem to get connectivity back.
    I realize that I'm asking to somehow limit the don't limit option. But there has to be someway to make this option usable. Otherwise you may as well rename it to "kill my internet connection"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make is faster or high quality

Make is faster smooth work and high quality save data

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Copy File from the Task Tray Pop-Up

The left-click pop-up from OneDrive in the task tray is really cool. Listing the recent file activity is great. It then leads to wanting to be able to right-click on a file in the pop-up list and do various File Explorer operations with it. One obvious one is copying the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It seems the account need sign-in, but I have no way because it prompted my account was signed when I am adding account ! How to do?

It seems the account need sign-in, but I have no way because it prompted my account was signed when I am adding account ! How to do?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. a few features

More control over syncing(be able to pause and throttle it)
    A visual log of files being transferred
    Being able to stop the installation of office 365 version when you already have onedrive installed
    Better web UI on windows phone, transferring files from email to onedrive is too many steps - including having to enter your pin for each file. a better web UI, for moving files around your one drive, it should be easier

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to change the OneDrive folder directory

When you sign into OneDrive, it automatically creates the OneDrive storage directory on the main C:/ drive with Windows. Most new computers come with a small SSD and a large HDD for storage. I'd like to make the other drive where OneDrive stores data, not the C:/ drive. Please allow users to pick where OneDrive saves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xampp and OneDrive folder problem

Xampp is needed to run websited locally in my OneDrive folder.
    The problem is that before May 2019 Update (or OneDrive update) php and sites inside OneDrive folder worked great... but now, it doesn't work anymore.
    Xampp only works with sites outside OneDrive folder!, but all my files are in OneDrive as I use the service for backuping all my files and sync across devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ONE Drive does not asking for PIN windows 10 os

One Drive saved all personal data from document, music, and picture but One Drive does not request to enter PIN code to open One Drive.

The feature is important because it help to secure file in OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an option to disable the recyle bin

How about an option to enable or disable the recycle bin?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I paid my annual fee to get 1 Tb of storage, but I still get an alert that my one drive is full

Give me a connection to live help. I don't have time to browse through hundreds of forum posts where others vent their frustration with their issues

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base