OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. onedrive 目录名称可以不加"空格"和"-"吗

onedrive 目录名称可以不加"空格"和"-"吗

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Develop a feature that allows user to back up selected files only. OneDrive backs up working files. its very annoying to see OneDrive start

make this easy for users PLEASE! Otherwise will find a cloud that lets me decide what files I save.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please tell us why OneDrive won't work on administrator user accounts.

Please allow OneDrive to be installed on administrator user accounts on PCs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive Sync

OneDrive should sync strings in a file instead of syncing the whole file once something has been changed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to set desired onedrive cloud account folders not to get sync at all, even by onedrive desktop app

Desired Onedrive-cloud folders should have option to get set for not getting sync at all, even by onedrive-desktop-app. This will enhance security to personal folder files to be even visible even an administrator goes to onedrive settings and check for folders which the user don't want to get sync onto local PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add a feature to check a document or folder as "urgent" or "high priority" in order to synchronise these elements now

add a feature to add a flag to a document or folder to mark them as "urgent" or "high priority" in order to synchronise these elements now. so if lot of files are currently synchronised, the feature avoid to wait long time to synchronise urgent files or folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Microsoft should bring in a archival tool to archive the versions stored for files on demand on one drive. this would help to resolve issue

Running the archival tool would help manual deletion of versions for folks who work completely from one drive. As and when you open old files, a new version is created and I had versions upto 300 numbers for same file. Archival tool is like clearing cache so small program can be written to fix this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Needs to be more tablet mode friendly.

There's no indication of sync status in tablet mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Files-on-demand conflix’s with outlook 2019 and 16 attached local OneDrive files partly uploaded please fix ASAP

Files-on-demand conflix’s with outlook 2019 and 16 attached local OneDrive files partly uploaded please fix ASAP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Syncing desktop a horrible idea

OneDrive should not be automatically syncing Desktop, Documents, and so on. The old way was fine. While including an option to sync desktop and documents and so on is good, doing it automatically is a horrible idea. I recently bought and set up a new laptop. I don't want all my files from this laptop on OneDrive, part of the reason being I don't have the right to upload all the files on this computer as I often deal with documents that are other people's property and sometimes include confidential information. The moment they were on my desktop for me…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Csak jóvéleményt tudok mondai! Nagyon köszönöm a remek szolgáltatást.

Csak jóvéleményt tudok mondai! Nagyon köszönöm a remek szolgáltatást.
    Tisztelettel,

Dobra Sándor

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Screenshots

Guten Tag.

"Da die von IWindows Phone aufgenommenen Screenshots nicht automatisch in den Camera Roll Ordner der OneDrive App gespeichert werden"

Können sie das Programmieren lassen das das Funktioniert!

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen

Ivor Oszkar Abraham

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How about a STOP Sync button you buffoons

A Stop syncing button is needed. programming seems to be by monkey group effort

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. É NECESSÁRIO COLOCAR UMA SENHA PARA ACESSAR O ONEDRIVE NO PC.

É NECESSÁRIO COLOCAR UMA SENHA PARA ACESSAR O ONEDRIVE NO PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Block Syncing Files under Zipped Folders

The OneDrive feature "block syncing of specific file types" is not working if the file exists under a zipped Folder..
    Hope You find a solution in order to have more control on office365 users under our organization.

Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. backup known windows folders

Currently the 'Documents' folder remains in its original location after enabling the 'Backup Known Windows Folders' option in GPO. All files move to the new location but an empty 'Documents' folder is still located at C:\Users<username>\Documents

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder and File Sync

Make it much easier to select Sync and more importantly don't sync. The tool is not useful to me right now as I have selected PC only on all my files so I can control and it will not stop trying to Sync everything.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base