OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files can't be synced with OneDrive and Resolution: "Open the document in Office for more information".

Tired with OneDrive. Why the application always shows the error such as Files can't be synced with OneDrive and Resolution: "Open the document in Office for more information".

These documents in OneDrive before, and recent days, it said this error. With ".doc", I must convert all of them to .docx. But there are issues with docx file. Reopen and save docx files with docx but some cases still problems.

How is the stupid program.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Icon colour for OneDrive suggestion

With the new Light Mode on the Taskbar the OneDrive Icon almost goes invisible, I'm suggesting a different colour for Light Mode or allowing us to pick our own colour.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop making onedrive ******* pop up every 5 minutes. It's annoying as ****

Just make it ******* stop. I've disabled the startup, and I exit it down, but it keeps popping up. I don't want it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Windows Phone (Lumia 920) no longer supports auto upload of photos.

Have never changed my setting to auto upload. Deleted all my files on OneDrive due to lower storage limit, and still I don;t see any photos uploading to OneDrive. Another reason I chose to abandon OneDrive for storage of anything.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shove onedrive up your arse

Take all your onedrive information, print it out and shove it straight into your anus. All of it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ファイル移動がおそい

フォルダないでもファイルの移動が遅い、素早く反映されない。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why is there no XPS viewer when accessing .xps files on OneDrive

Why is there no XPS viewer when accessing .xps files on OneDrive?? Xps is far superior, smaller, higher quality and faster than PDF.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 13 synchronisatieproblemen

witte wolk met rood kruis :
    13 synchronisatieproblemen van toepassingen die we niet nodig hebben.
    hoe kunnen we deze verwijderen ?

ik probeer een printscreen in te voegen :

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Full screen in onedrive app'en

Full screen images in the onedrive app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In your "View Sync Problems" panel, provide an "Open Containing Folder" option, or allow the file path to be copied.

I get a list of files with sync problems. I want to be able to open the containing folder from the Sync Problem dialog window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have OneDrive Let You Choose The XLSX File You Want After Sync Problem

I had a sync error for an excel file. Lord only knows why, the file wasn't open on ANY device.

I was given two options:

1. OneDrive would Download the file and save it under a new name so I would have both versions --OR--

2. I could click the link and excel would open and let me merge the two files or choose the one I want to keep.

The feature I would add is actually have onedrive do what it offered instead of opening the older file and saving it upon exit, syncing and overwriting the correct file WITHOUT…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. resume sync files

It would be better if you can see which files are being uploaded to your OneDrive folder, the only message you are available to see is Uploading xx GB of xx GB at *** KB/s, xx Files remaining. I would like to see which are those remaining files. Thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Screenshot not saving to onedrive.

when i press "print screen" button nothing happens however auto save is ON.
    Windows+prt scrn works but I want to sync the pic to onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow people to go to the cloud, work on and save files on cloud only...forget about syncing...too complicated.

For me, MS seems to place too much emphasis on syncing with Onedrive as if there are tons of people who use their laptops offline. I personally cannot imagine using my laptop offline. I wish MS would just acknowledge that many people never use their devices offline; they are mainly interested in having a secure and easy place to put files in case their device crashes. What I would really like is to go to the cloud, work on my files and just leave them there safely until I need to work on them or see them again. Why can't…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. no way to easily remove this from our systems is very suspicious! I will never use it period !

each windows update reinstalls onecloud which I think is borderline NSA back door **** ! this is not needed on any of my systems and Its this kind of over reach that lead me to using Macs 10 years ago. FIX this and allow us to permanently delete it off our systems !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Edit verbiage

This screen is usually displayed when users are not connected via VPN to a trusted network - it would be a good idea to be able to edit the verbiage to state to the end user to connect to VPN and retry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A simple recently accessed/used file selector in OneDrive (desktop)

Windows used to have an extremely useful recently used/accessed file/folder picker in explorer. The newer quick access is much much less useful since it does not register recently copied/accessed folders. One Drive could and should have something equivalent and better to allow users to much more simply access current/recently used files (and folders) synced across PCs - i.e. those currently being worked on across PCs. Having to constantly hunt through complex file structures for different files is pretty irritating in this modern world.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base