OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I faced many problems with synchronizing process to external SD micro memory card

After I follow you instructions below ( by using the command %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset ) to solve the problem , I noticed that this problem solved for one time only , let me explain:
    I have business account with one drive using 2 lap tops:
    The office lap top (DELL) and at home , another lap top (Microsoft surface 4 pro. Equipped with external micro SD memory of 256 GB ) . I select the folder where to down load and synchronizing all my files is in the micro SD memory card (drive D)

The problem that I noticed that when…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tell me where to find cloud when my computer crashes and won't start up

I am not dumb, but give me a way to find my cloud so I can get my saved data back onto another new computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. RAID synchronization problem on Windows phones

I am facing a recurrent problem with synchronization of one of my folders in OneDrive. Even though the order of items listed in that folder is correct when I view those items in OneDrive online, or in the OneDrive folder on my C-drive, whenever I access this folder from my Windows phone, the order is helter-skelter. I have tried deleting and re-adding all the content in this folder twice. However each time, the same helter-skelter order reappears when it is accessed from my phone – while ironically, the order remains correct order online and on my computer C-drive. It seems…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To prevent syncing to the wrong account, Add account mail/photo to the OneDrive sync

After signing out from my personal OneDrive & signing in to my 1 Tera work account, I started syncing files to OneDrive.

Anyway, the files were synced to my low-quota personal account.

To prevent this from happening to anyone else, make the name / photo of the account the files being synced to available at the OneDrive sync app (the one at the taskbar next to the sound & WiFi buttons)

As you see, the account is not identifiable from here.
    Please make it identifiable & save our time & data.

Best regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ******** !!! No one wants yours f...g cloud....

Let us switch off your actualizations, no one wants it. I am not an idiot, no *** cloud serices, let me live.... Everything after XP is a huge , no surpirce so many people is apple....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive automatically added to startup when Windows 10 version 1511 was installed

I do not choose to use OneDrive and removed it from my startup list after installing Windows 10. Now, after installing the W10 ver. 1511 update, I find that OneDrive is again automatically appearing and prompting me to log into my Microsoft account. When I right clicked on the OneDrive icon and chose settings, I found no way to disable it. I'm not happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. cannot login in via onedrive pc app

cannot login in via onedrive pc app for sereval days

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. fix what ever is causing my mouse pointer to not work momentarily after typing,or clicking on something is extremely annoying

my idea is to recommend that you guys stop altering **** and keep it simple. Go find a hobby.
    Please don't add to my misery

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Synchronize

I changed my mac file and the oneDrive has update the change,but on my windows machine the change not Synchronize

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Não consigo ter no onedrive o modo de notificação igual ao do dropbox em que abre uma janela no rodapé direito quando alguém altera arquivo

Não consigo ter no onedrive o modo de notificação igual ao do dropbox em que abre uma janela no rodapé direito quando alguém altera arquivo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use more specific language for OneDrive

Microsoft uses "OneDrive" to refer to both storage in the cloud and storage on your local PC. For example if you choose to no longer sync a folder, the warning reads something like "This folder will remain on OneDrive but will be hidden from File Explorer. Files in that folder will be deleted from your PC".

Well that is really confusing since OneDrive is a folder on my local PC and it's my storage in the cloud. Warning should read: "This folder and its contents will remain on the OneDrive cloud but will be will be deleted from your PC.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Subir archivos sin tener que moverlos a la carpeta OneDrive

deberia de haber dentro de la interfaz de onedrive un botón algo así con un + para añadir ficheros a mi one drive, al hacer click despliegue las opciones: "sincronizar una carpeta entera", "subir archivo"

Con esto se elimina la necesidad de que lo que yo quiera sincronizar tenga que estar en mi carpeta de OneDrive del PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. sopkul01965@gmail.com

dxshrs rduyutfd ydb45yjn75u45

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification Area Icon

Make the notification area icon as the main app icon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Consistent sync across windows computers without having to reinstall

My secondary computer with the same windows OS as my primary computer, can never see or access new files that are uploaded by my primary computer or my cell phone without having to uninstall and reinstall OneDrive. It doesn't provide a refresh option even though it is considered a shared drive.
    The primary computer can see the files uploaded by the secondary computer in real time. But the secondary computer can never see the files uploaded from the phone or the primary computer. It has been a problem through multiple versions of Windows

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base