OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UNINISTALL

It's simple....UNINSTALL! This has been a nightmare as every time I unlink this and clear down my files as I don't want them online it just relinks and fills it back up again, filling up by 5gb so I can't work or save any documents. I wish I'd never bought this computer with this on it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest you, Onedrive should be a password in mobile app.

I suggest you, Onedrive should be a password in mobile app. If someone using my mobile than he/she can check my documents & photos etc. In window 8.1 I was using the password facility but in window 10 I am not getting any security on my onedrive. Kindly make a password option when we open our onedrive.

Thanks
    Sumit Teotia

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Trocar a equipe de manutenção da microsoft. Sugiro contratar o pessoal que trabalha para a Google

Trocar a equipe de manutenção da microsoft. Sugiro contratar o pessoal que trabalha para a Google

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ********

* WITH YOUR ONE DRIVE POPPING UP CONSTANTLY

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Выбор места на ПК для синхронизации (на С - нет достаточного места)

Как выбрать место для папки синхронизации на ПК? (на диске С у меня недостаточно будет места)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create File Name Wrap or Show File Type

More often than not, the names of my files are long enough that I can't see the type of file it is. I understand that there are other ways to get this information, but it would be nice to be able to see the file type at a quick glance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One Drive is not starting automatically when we restart computer.. can you please update new verison So that it can start automatically

One Drive is not starting automatically when we restart computer.. can you please update new version So that it can start automatically

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Develop a viewer for IFC files

Develop a viewer for IFC (Industry Foundation Class) files.
    This format for 3D models is a must-have as it is widely used in BIM projects.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Synchronize order - files to use vs downloading in background

I want to open a 100kb file from onedrive, but the file is in the cloud. This 100kb file will not open for a long time, because a synchronisation of 1GB of photo's from my cell phone is busy (that folder has the setting: "always keep on this device" ). Files I want to access should be downloaded first, then the whole bunch of new files..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ALLOW SELECT BY YEAR

SHOULD BE A FEATURE THAT ALLOWS SORT BY YEAR. FOLDERS CAN BE AUTO FILED.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if there was a way to see if files have been downloaded and by whom.

It would be great if there was a way to see if files have been downloaded and by whom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. remove the space from Local path if i used onedrive business version

remove the space from Local path if i used onedrive business version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice if the font size was the same as the OS.

My Windows phone text size is set to medium which is reflected in most of my apps. Onedrive still has TINY little letters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How About Your Survey Questions Have More Scientifically Ethical/Product Related Significance

I was just prompted here by a survey as to whether or not I "loved" OneNote or "not really." What kind of question is that? Baited is what that was.

If you want to find scientific relavance, do a survey. If you want to find out if customers really "love" OneDrive, then don't ask baited questions. To do so in the way that my survey was phrased, asks the question if some executive above the person or the team who asked for the survey in the first place is either really feeling themselves or they/he/she does not have the first…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make an unlink account button that is similar to the add account so people aren't straining or not comprehending how to unlink an account.

A NEW LAYER UNDER ACCOUNTS WITH A BUTTON THAT SAYS UNLINK ACCOUNT WITH ADESCRIPTION THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. bring the hamburger menu down!

i use a nokia 1320 which is a giant phone. i think for phones of this size the UI should be modified a bit for one hand use. The most important change that microsft has to make here is the hamburger menu which is way on top and not at all convinient. i would suggest that for all windows 10 apps please bring down the hamburger menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. synch over wifi

I have a user in my organization who doesnt want to implement onedive as the synchronization tends to use up data when he has limited allocations - this user travels a lot and in some airport lounges onedrive depletes his data allocation.

Possible to make wifi synch selective in terms of network - i.e. one could elect to only synch at home or at office?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello. It would be interesting to have the opportunity to request the opening of the personal safe from the OneDrive icon in the bar of the

Hello.
    It would be interesting to have the opportunity to request the opening of the personal safe from the OneDrive icon in the bar of the spots at the bottom right
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Christian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Still include the site folders in the new version

I have created several site folders to share documents and weblinks with different groups of staff and I don't seem to be able to access them through the new version. The use of the site folder also allows them to chat to each other and myself, to share new ideas. I am concerned that when the Classic OneDrive disappears these will be gone and all of my hard work setting them up and uploading documents for people to access will be lost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change Folder Selection Configuration to have Upload Only and Download options.

In Windows 8.1 we had the ability to make the contents of a folder Available Online-Only or Available Locally and Online.

I would like this feature back in Windows 10.

What would be even better would be to change the screen where you select which folders you would like to Sync so you can configure there what functions you want available. I don't need placeholders so much as I need the ability to put a file into the folder and have it be uploaded. I don't want to download the entire contents of the folder. Just upload the occasional new…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base