OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow OneDrive to sync on mapped samba server

As homes are setting up samba file servers to centralize their data for better management, users would like to sync their contents over storage mapped as windows drive.

I have succeeded in syncing this way however failed to launch the Files-on-demand feature as OneDrive client prompted "can't connect to Windows" things (I''m not using Windows 10 in English).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. copy/move within the OneDrive folder should not re-upload the file

If I have a synced file in the OneDrive folder, whenever I copy/move it to different location within OneDrive, it shouldn't re-upload.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One Drive is a load of **** that randomly deletes files. Destroy it.

One Drive is a load of **** that randomly deletes files. Destroy it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive Moved and delet Photos

I installed OneDrive and wanted to sync images. I noticed that OneDrive copies all images to the installation location. I thought the pictures are copied. I did not need duplicates in the OneDrive folder and deleted them there. As it turns out, OneDrive has moved the pictures and not copied. Thus, I almost almost completely deleted the pictures. What is going on at Microsoft? Programming unlearned ??? How can that be that does not show that images moved to the OneDrive folder !!! be, and that you can delete there on no case ??? Lucky I have a backup. Microsoft…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make easier prohibiting synchronisation of certain files or folders.

My OneDrive is all the time full because I cannot prohibit synchronising certain very big files that I do not want to be in OneDrive, only on my own hard disk.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. intrusive

intrusive non programmable synchronisation

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More metadata for Files On Demand placeholders

Files On-Demand doesn't sync a bunch of different metadata like tags and datetaken for photos. This means that if you needed to find all photos with no date taken metadata for example you have to download everything, do the search and then free up space.

It would be great if we could sync more metadata for the placeholders. The best scenario would be to just sync all metadata so there's no difference in what we can search for and change with placeholders. If that's not possible either adding common tags for things like photos, music, and documents would be good.…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Buy a degree, buy college diplomas, order a fake GED, a fake certificate and more!

www.getdegree18.com is your source for fake degrees, fake diplomas, fake high school diplomas, fake certificates, fake transcripts, fake GED's and more! We do not make life experience degrees, and we are not a diploma mill. We make realistic diplomas that look real, offer many college diplomas for sale, fake online degrees as well as fake online schools and fake transcripts online. All of our novelty degrees, college diplomas and transcripts, international college diplomas, fake certificates and fake transcripts can be ordered right on our fake diploma secure website. For the most authentic and reliable college diplomas online, you've come to…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So Slowwwwwwwwwwww

For some reason, the "Microsoft OneDrive" Has Sooooooooooo many problems that I can't do anything unless I contact Microsoft and report it. Only Microsoft does this.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow approved users to force sync changed offline files to the online OneDrive.

Users don't always have access to the online OneDrive files. Currently Onedrive errors out when trying to upload changed offline files. Having to go and delete each online file version in order to upload the offline file leads to issues. Would be more useful if OneDrive provided an option to force the upload of the offline version when syncing. There should not be a concern about this being allowed if the files are not being shared.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. update a specific directory immediately

I have create an pdf file for example using office lens but want to send the file via outlook on my computer. I have to wait for OneDrive to determine that that directory needs to be updated.
    Should be able to go into windows explorer and right click a directory and say update or sync this directory immediately

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Combine ONE DRIVE and MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP

I am thinking, if I am able to see (from One Drive) shared PC's (all shared files, i.e. applications) why shouldn't be able to use this option in my advantage; I want to say why shouldn't I be able to use an application just click on it like I am using it Microsoft Remote Desktop from One Drive.
    This "shared PC" option should let me "work" with files of any kind
    I am connecting to One Drive, I go to Shared PC's, and from there - if it is possible - to use applications, or edit files, or so.
    Should…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. so windows put my documents folder in one drive but i want to keep things in my documents that i dont want copied to one drive.

So windows goes and puts my documents folder in onedrive and now I want to store files there that i do NOT want to copy to one drive. Why cant i just tell one drive not to copy a folder to the cloud. Either fix one drive or fix windows this is a BUG.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Option to Unlock Personal Vault on PC and on line simultaneously when unlocked from PC

Right now unlocking both on line and PC Personal Vault goes in 2 separate unlock-sessions.

Suggestion: when unlocking Personal Vault from PC, add an -option- to also unlock on line Personal Vault at the same time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Sync Setting for One Drive (don't sync on login; set sync for later).

Hello,
    Please add the ability to set the sync schedule for One Drive. The syncing ties up my computer on each login... I have to go into the settings on every login, and manual change the settings to "Delay for Two Hours" .... **** PLEASE add the ability for me to set the schedule (e.g. "Sync at Midnight" or at a specific time)... at least add the ability to save the choice "Delay for Two Hours" (so I don't have to reset it each login) .... Thanks

jrdunson

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix shared folder syncing for OneDrive Desktop on Windows 10

I am experiencing issues trying to sync a shared folder (shared with me) to my OneDrive desktop application.

I called the Microsoft Helpdesk, and I was told this is a known issue in the latest version of OneDrive.

When is the fix for this issue expected to be put into production?

Version: OneDrive for Windows - 19.222.1110.0006 (January 6, 2020)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Session CldFltLog failed to start with the following error 0xC0000022

Fix Session CldFltLog failed to start with the following error 0xC0000022

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Files I have changed during the day

It would be nice to be able to see all files I have changed during the day when I click the OneDrive-Icon. Maybe this already is possible but I only see the most recent changes made by everyone in our organisation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base