OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically clear Attention notices when cause has been fixed

OneDrive occasionally sees a file which it is trying to sync as being used (open) by another process, and posts a user attention notice to this effect, seen when you right click on the OneDrive icon in the system tray. The notice states that when the other process releases the file, OneDrive will complete the sync process. I've observed that after OneDrive has completed the upload of the file to the cloud, the notice is not cleared. It remains posted when you right click on the OneDrive icon in the system tray. The only way now to clear it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive连接不上升级服务器,获取更多存储空间的服务器也连接不上

OneDrive连接不上升级服务器,获取更多存储空间的服务器也连接不上

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. KB3118754 seems to have broken OneDrive on all 3 of my Windows 10 machines.

KB3118754 seems to have broken OneDrive on all 3 of my Windows 10 machines. All 3 say "Not signed in"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop One Drive from changing the date modified on a Folder when using office documents

When opening an Office document that exists in a One Drive folder, the temp file that Office creates upon opening the file seems to cause One Drive to think that folder is being modified. This means any time an office document is opened even for a second of read only the folder's date modified is changed.

This event completely ruins searching by date modified.

Either One Drive needs to be updated to recognize temp Office files and ignore them, or the Office department needs to be informed that their temp files need to be stored in a different place other…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dispute definetely exists between USA and US but don't let the ugly side towards customers like me resolve your problem and let user of live

Let hotmail.com and also live .com coexists without blocking the device . problem may exists but let it not turn ugly side turn towards customers like me . I am unable to Signin any of my two accounts . Thus my phone remains unusable from the day I opened Hotmail account . I am left with only one option aboned your phone and go for fresh new brand .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. heres an idea, save my ******* english essay

stop contacting the **** server and just save my english essay. im actually LIVID

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive Client: Good job making something relatively slow, VERY slow....

Try working on performance of the client for a change, it needs to be more responsive (actually, just responsive at all). The delays in it's response is ridiculous....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After halfway through downloading a video on Onedrive it tells me sorry cant upload video.....etc.

Why does it keep doing this i am connected to the internet and my files are on my desktop whats up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pause syncing option for 1 hour pretty please!

Pause syncing option for 1 hour pretty please!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 翻译不够准确

OneDrive在右下角的同步页面,翻译不够准确,应该是已传输×× GB,而不是已上传,因为它把下载也算进上传那里了,所以说不够准确,望改进。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I hope priority function in the synchronization process.

I hope a priority function in the synchronization process among the folders.
    I am the one who is studying with a lot of data resulting from some simulation results and managing the data and related materials using onedrive.
    However, because of large amount of data, the related materials like ppt, excel, word, or pdf files are not synchronized until the simulation results are all completed.
    I suggest the priority function which synchronizes a folder with higher priority.
    Then, it would better than the current situation where users don't know when the required files will be uploaded and endlessly wait for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please I beg you can we have a tree for navigation?

(I am sorry if this is a duplicate)

(I am sorry it's not an idea, more of a moan)

Use case - I want to move a file to a subfolder in the same folder it's in. I can SEE them both -they are right there next to each other on my screen.

Apparently I can't drag the file to that folder, (even though I could drag it to a parent folder displayed in the path at the top of the page).

The 'move to' command (for tablets and fat fingers) is about 10x time inefficient, so sitting at a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My microsoft account does not work for one drive. I've tried several times.

My microsoft account does not work for one drive. I've tried several times. My account ok for Microsoft but not for one drive, problem is password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't make me download my whole onedrive to my windows 10 surface - I haven't the space!

Keep onedrive as windows 8.1 or allow it as an advanced option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. asceding & descending

Uploads ascending & descending 1st clicked , shown last , in sys desktop , mobile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base