OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ...to more clearly define the difference between photos and pictures folders in Onedrive

I did not understand yet the difference between photo folder and picture folder? Why that difference? Is everything synchronized in both folders and albums with die SD-Card of my Lumia? The actual structur is not very logical to me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. version 17.3.6799.0327 doesn't let me login on windows 10

version 17.3.6799.0327 doesn't let me login on windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Combine ONE DRIVE and MICROSOFT REMOTE DESKTOP

I am thinking, if I am able to see (from One Drive) shared PC's (all shared files, i.e. applications) why shouldn't be able to use this option in my advantage; I want to say why shouldn't I be able to use an application just click on it like I am using it Microsoft Remote Desktop from One Drive.
    This "shared PC" option should let me "work" with files of any kind
    I am connecting to One Drive, I go to Shared PC's, and from there - if it is possible - to use applications, or edit files, or so.
    Should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unlink/Unsynch a OneDrive folder in File Explorer by offering a right-click option

After deleting a SharePoint site I was not able to remove the site's folders from my synched directory. I kept getting an error that said an application was using the file except there were no files in the folder. After going the community forum I found out that the reason was because OneDrive was still synching this folder even though it no longer existed in SharePoint. I had to open OneDrive and disable all synching to delete the folder from my computer.

File Explorer should be enhanced to provide a context menu item to unsynch a folder (or a file)…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You know what would be great? If One Drive didn't force itself on you...

This newly installed Windows 10 update has resulted in OneDrive being forced on you. I've closed the app several times, but it keeps launching and asking for me to login or create an account. I don't want or need this app, but I can't uninstall it. Awesome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. upload photos to different account than the primary one

Autoupload photos to different account than the primary one

It would be great if you could autoupload photos to a different account that the primary one. If you have a paid plan for one account but want to keep your contacts on another account this would be perfect...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 処理が重いと同期しません。

vbaマクロを流しっぱなしマシンがあるのですが、
    同期が始まりません。
    処理が重いと同期しない仕様でしょうか?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I must say i felt a bit disppointed about yours compary.

I must say i felt a bit disppointed about yours compary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide obvious way to search UserVoice

Give us a way to search UserVoice before we start typing in a new idea. I'd rather search to see if someone more articulate than me has already posted the idea/complaint, and if someone has already posted a solution to the problem, before I start typing in my issue. Many duplicate posts in this archive could have been avoided if there was an obvious search function. Yes, I did notice that the archive starts filtering ideas once you start typing, but for most people that's too late. Give us a "search UserVoice" field, not just a "post new idea" button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug share folder

Cloud user A: share folder X for user B with read-only (only view)

Cloud user B: Choose Shared > select folder X shared from user A > copy to Files

Result: Folder X in cloud user B can upload file/rename file/update file and folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive is too fragile

OneDrive for Windows is too fragile and will wipe itself and start a full rescan when a drive is accidentally removed or the connection falls out (in my case a docking connector). Dropbox has no problems and restarts fine, OneDrive wants to reindex all 1.8TB every single time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Rewards Points to be redeemed for increased OneDrive storage.

Allow Rewards Points to be redeemed for increased OneDrive storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 登录不了,同步不了文件

登录不了,同步不了文件

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. dnscrypt

Onedrive does not support dnscrypt. Disabling dnscrypt enables onedrive to work, however I do not wish to compromise modern privacy and security features to use onedrive. Please learn a way to implement onedrive while still supporting dnscrypt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive ne fonctionne plus depuis la 1511 et cela remet en cause la suite sur 365

Veullez réparer en URGENCE OneDrive pour qu'il fonctionne sur le disque D:

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base