OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. need help

I forgot my password to my Microsoft tried sending a message to my email to put a new doesn't seem to work how can I get my password or a new one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Добрый день

Добрый день
    добавьте возможность иметь доступ к двум и более учетным записям OneDrive (домашняя и рабочая).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No change made, but in order to sync it again you need to máke a change and login again

Fixing the Problem, when you just open a Document and close it again, that you need to make a Chance in order for Onedrive to sync the file again. The there's a Pop up wich asks to log inb again and then the Problem is fixd for the one file but happens again with the natx one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Your IT department made a change that prevents you from syncing this folder. To find out more please contact your IT department"

"Your IT department made a change that prevents you from syncing this folder. To find out more please contact your IT department" message when doing the initial sync of the NGSC.

The issue occurs inside and outside the network.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 关机后间隔时间超过5、6小时时,每次启动win10都会死机,硬盘灯常亮,热启动后进入系统后onedrive每次都要登陆。如果不出现死机就不用登陆

关机后间隔时间超过5、6小时时,每次启动win10都会死机,硬盘灯常亮,热启动后进入系统后onedrive每次都要登陆。如果不出现死机就不用登陆

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sll

Thank lol SL Wo Happy
    Zombie

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Partial sync for OneDrive for Business

It's in the free version, put it in the paid version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. groove streaming

With the end of Groove music streaming service you guys should make a better OneDrive music streaming program.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Re-raise the storage warning

Long time OneDrive user. I love the service, and I fill up my storage space all the time. Normally, with the 40 gig account, I get nag messages when I drop below 2 gigs free. This seemed acceptable. Now - however - I get the nag messages about "Your OneDrive is X% full" even when I have 3 gigs free. One of the last updates changed the limit - can you please put it back where it was? That seemed much more reasonable. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I upgraded windows 10 pro last night, there comes a problem with my onedrive and onenote 2013 desktop. error 0xE020045

I upgraded windows 10 pro last night, there comes a problem with my onedrive and onenote 2013 desktop. error 0xE020045

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve OneDrive setup

It took me many hours to figure out how to configure OneDrive to keep my files on my hard drive and copy them to the Cloud.

The two key elements are - 1. Select the check the checkbox for Files on Demand and 2. Right click on the OneDrive folder and Select Always Keep on this Drive. #1 Needs a better explanation and #2 is poorly documented - I spent days looking a posts before I found that one.

Files on Demand check box is misleading - it gives you the impression that the files are only stored in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the "Getting ready to sync..." message

It would be good to have an option to sync files from the cloud to the computer.

Today, when I press sync it just stalls with a "Getting ready to sync..." subwindow in my browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ok just did a rebuild on my New PC Please dont ***** it up Trusted Installer!

I have just done a rebuild on my ROG G20aj Please Trusted Installer AKA Microsoft Don't ***** it up again, with you massive trash updates
    I'm not your lab rat! An I would really like to use it for awhile before ya mess it up again, took me 2 days to get It right after the last upgrade an Trusted Installer malfunctioning updates.
    Thank You!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base