OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Display

I would like to see two panels (like the old Norton Commender), with local files on the left & remote files on the right (or top/bottom). We (most of the people that I know, 90%) are confused about where files are. Also the full path needs to be displayed & copyable (in case it is too long). All those alias are confusing.

I do not know what do anymore. I am strongly thinking about switching everything to Apple iOS or downgrade to Windows 8 or maybe even XP???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter

OneDrive needs to have filtering for photos. Meaning I should be able to see what photos are already in albums and which ones aren't for organization purposes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic sync for any specified folder (instead of just Documents, Desktop and Images in C:\ )

Automatic sync for any specified folder (instead of just Documents, Desktop and Images in C:\ )

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Request to upload

This feature allows sending a link to anyone requesting them to upload any file. something like PayPal when you send requesting for money to be paid.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DISABILITARE IL BACKUP AUTOMATICO

ONE DRIVE , DISABILITARE IL BACKUP AUTOMATICO

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do not update to Win 10

I use Win10 Pro and after a bunch of updates OneDrive has been disconnected on all the computers that I use. In addition, it does not upload my files to the server. Win 10 is a mess.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable backing up the Personal Vault contents to an external hard drive, using Windows backup.

I use the built-in Windows back up. The contents of my Personal Vault are not included in the backups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. piece of junk

Stupid onedrive has to sync every single file on the local drive before it lets you pick and chose which folder to syn and unsync.

This is just a pathetic alternative to DropBox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to ignore locked files from 3rd party applications

Especially with AutoCAD DWG files there is a big problem. As soon as a DWG is opened, AutoCAD creates two lock files. These two files and also the opened DWG cannot be synchronized. If several DWGs are opened at the same time, OneDrive may not synchronize at all. It eats away at the opened files and no other synchronizations take place.
    It would make sense to ignore the opened files and instead process everything else that can still be synchronized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't want mor one pop up one drive alert!

I don't want mor one pop up one drive alert! Why push it to my face?
    I have not permission at my company to stop this .... How coud I stop it anyway?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Microsoft ONeDrive work in AZURE - It dowsn~t work at all

My files never syncronize. OneDrive Always stops working iun Azure.

Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. one drive changes my drive direct in document video music folder

one drive changes my drive direct in document video music folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Print is too small

The default print is too small. I would like the option to make the print bigger and easier to read. Many of you software developers are very insensitive to the needs of people with low vision. Either have a "bigger text" option in the app or make the app responsive to the font settings of the apple device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make OneDrive actually useful and allow it to sync any folder/files on your local PC that you want

Allow OneDrive to backup/sync any local file/folders from your local computer and make it obviously available on any other computer in your account, for example, if your main computer is properly synced and "dies" you can set up a new computer and assume those files and folders again. Essentially, provide a seemless and reasonable backup solution for key files and folders that aren't limited to the file/folder locations that MS deems important.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow instant login to 'view online' from app

When clicking on 'view online' in the OneDrive App allow it to login to OneDrive online without having to fill out the email and password again (which it already knows).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base