OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop Files

Thanks for the app. It's been a great option for storing my files across multiple devices.

Would love if the files on my desktop could display showing the first page of each file (eg, File A, a book, displays the cover of that book - as it used to be until several weeks ago), rather than displaying the bland red and white 'pdf'.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When OneDrive finds a file that needs to be renamed show the file. One drive fails to automatically rename, but does not display the file n

When OneDrive finds a file name that needs to be renamed, show the file name and when I click on file name either open in in Explorer for me to rename or allow me to rename there.

OneDrive is kicking on a file and when I click let OneDrive rename (something I should never have to do) it fails.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Process priority into admx

Could you please add process priority option into admx, setting onedrive process to low really help to make computer responsive again and stop crashing without increasing the sync time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it work! It doesn't work for ****! I spend days trying to get video to load, it says it's loaded but it never is no matter the size of

Sync or upload, it simply does not work! The One Drive is a program that has never worked right and I've wasted weeks trying to get video to load. Fix the *** program!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it work! It doesn't work for ****! I spend days trying to get video to load, it says it's loaded but it never is no matter the size of

Sync or upload, it simply does not work! The One Drive is a program that has never worked right and I've wasted weeks trying to get video to load. Fix the *** program!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Are you people nuts,

Are you kidding me , that was the worst experience ever. this one drive has been hounding me to set up this stupid vault for weeks. so I figured what the . i go through a 14 step process. blah blah blah, then says add 3 files and you are ready to go. you ready for this. I add 3 files. AND THE THING SAYS YOUR VAULT IS FULL CLICK HERE TO BUY 1 TB. ??? I push away from anything microsoft just like many other do. I spend most of my time evaluating companies for option trading. Microsoft is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. gimmi a break

Are you kidding me , that was the worst experience ever. this one drive has been hounding me to set up this stupid vault for weeks. so I figured what the . i go through a 14 step process. blah blah blah, then says add 3 files and you are ready to go. you ready for this. I add 3 files. AND THE THING SAYS YOUR VAULT IS FULL CLICK HERE TO BUY 1 TB. ??? I push away from anything microsoft just like many other do. I spend most of my time evaluating companies for option trading. Microsoft is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Synchronize and backup automatic

I hope OneDrive can backup other folders besides documents, for example the folder in Data: D also synchronizes automatically like Google Dr

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide a verbose mode for seeing what OneDrive is processing during a sync. It appears hung up, but I'm guessing it is actually working.

Often we change things on our SharePoint which results in the OneDrive sync getting into a lot of activity on the desktop. In this cases, typically OneDrive just says "Processing changes" and provides no insight into what, if anything, is actually happening. This results in users rebooting their machines, which stops the services and actually could be creating more problems.
    Providing at least a verbose mode that could provide more insight into what's happening when needed could help get through these situations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mehr kostenfreien Speicherplatz bieten- mindestens doppelt so viel. Weniger rumgefrage, ob einer Bewertung, Danke

Mehr kostenfreien Speicherplatz bieten- mindestens doppelt so viel. Weniger rumgefrage, ob einer Bewertung, Danke

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. One Drive is not starting automatically when we restart computer.. can you please update new verison So that it can start automatically

One Drive is not starting automatically when we restart computer.. can you please update new version So that it can start automatically

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 希望能增加检测重复文件的功能

希望微软团队能在one drive上增加自动检测和删除重复文件,不然管理网盘非常费时费力

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ik heb ondervonden sinds ik alles met elkaar liet synchroniseren alles en overal dubbel of meer op komen te staan!! Onder andere submap. Pff

Ik heb ondervonden sinds ik alles met elkaar liet synchroniseren alles en overal dubbel of meer op komen te staan!! Onder andere submap. Pff je word hier onnozel van dat ik het heb opgegeven. Ik ben alles van de cloud aan het halen en ik ga er een software laten doorgaan zodat ik alles in enkelvoud heb van men afbeeldingen en niet 10 dubbel van elk. Dan gaan ze terug online in een andere cloud waar ik levenslang 100gb cloud heb voor 39dollar betaald, tevens kan ik alle clouds die ik bezit waaronder deze onedrive in kan beheren en alles…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Thought i could post a concern here?????. My one drive will not auto back up my files anymore

It did a while back. But not now. The OneDrive back up icon is gone Frome the file explorer window

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. it is not user friendly

it is not user friendly and harder to get around the process

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bad icon sincronized on folders with pending sincronization

In one-drive client, if a paren folder have some file with pending sincronization or with some file stored locally, it shouldn't show the cloud icon. It should show the pending or green check.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need my working folder in my name as the default folder for the one drive

I cant decide now a working folder of mine as the default folder for the one drive, I want a folder on my name as the default folder of Onedrive

So that I dont have to copy paste end of teh each day, it comes with annoying
    Ondrive <company name>

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive slows my computer down dramatically while it syncs; I want more control settings ... not just pause.

OneDrive slows my computer down dramatically while it syncs; I want more control settings ... not just pause.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base