OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is a sync issue in OneDrive

When there is a sync issue, I see the message "There is a sync issue in OneDrive"
    Below this it says "Click here to learn more about the issue and how to resolve it". When I "click here", I get a list of the problem files but only rarely is there any information on what the issue is or how to resolve it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Here's what you wrote to myself, mind you this is why I want all my Online CCOUNTS deleted Permanently. at Microsoft a, Facebook and Google

Here's what you wrote to myself, mind you this is why I want all my Online CCOUNTS deleted Permanently. at Microsoft a, Facebook and Google and my Videos in YouTube because I want nothing more to do with anything Online as I would rather move forward with a Class Action Law Suit to which I will.

New Text Document.txt - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=c0200bef0916763a&id=C0200BEF0916763A%211857&action=Download

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Anyone using my PC will be able to access all my files thru Settings/ Choose folders. Better if the app prompt password for "Choose Folder".

Anyone using my PC will be able to access all my Onedrive files and folders thru Settings/ Choose folders. Better if the app prompt password for "Choose Folder".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the premium diamond

As the premium diamond is associated with the awful freemium business models to earn money, OneDrive (which should be considered a professional tool) gets a bad association attached to it.

Solution: Use text only or a something more business related icon.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DLP Policy Tips and Warning/Block symbols

DLP Policy Tips and Warning/Block symbols don't appear in Windows desktop client (Windows Explorer) as they would in the Browser. Would be good if these would display a consistent experience across both.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would be great if you could clear the OneDrive items list from the pop-up in the system tray

Clear List from ... More menu / Right click on item icon within Sys Tray pop-up to select Remove from List option. Both feat. currently missing. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Name of shared folder in desktop will not update after rename

Renamed a shared folder on web, but it will not update accordingly in other colleagues' desktop. The only way is to re-share the folder, it is annoying to re-share and sync again after rename everytime.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. IHAVE NO ITEM TO SYNC ONE DRIVE TO. IT SAYS IHAVE 3 ITEMS NOT SYNCED. I HAVE HAD NOTHING SYNCED AT SINCE I HAVE OWNED THIS LAPTOP. IF A

EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO SYNC TO WHAT IS MEANT BY SYNCING. ONE DRIVE SAYS I HAVE (ONLY) 3 ITEMS THAT ARE NOT SYNCED. I HAVE HAD THIS LAPTOP FOR A FEW YEARS + I DON'T THINK ANYTHING HAS BEEN SYNCED. THE 3 ITEMS ARE GAMES I PLAY ON BIG FISH. I HAVE MANY GAMES ON BIG FISH BUT I DON'T REMEMBER 1 DRIVE EVER TELLING ME THEY WEREN'T SYNCED. I SUGGEST YOU EXPLAIN -CLEARLY- WHAT YOU MEAN BY SYNCING IN THIS CASE.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Replicate Microsoft Explorer across connected devices

One Drive used to replicate Microsoft Explorer across all connected devices. That feature was the main reason I originally signed up but then it was foolishly removed. The service no longer has any meaningful competive advantage or features over competitors. You catch my drift...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for VDI & VMDK files uploading to the cloud

Is there a possibility for onedrive to support the vdi and vmdk files? They are both large virtual machine files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We should have an option to stop backing up a subfolder. Gamesave subfolder, rapidly changing, not needed

We should have an option to stop backing up a subfolder. Gamesave subfolder, rapidly changing, not needed to backup.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Onedrive seems to sit there doing nothing all night long, then when I go to use my computer, it starts updating!

Update when I'm not obviously using the computer, it sucks up all the memory and makes my computer impossible to use!
    When I'm not using it, it's fine, suck up as much as you want!!!
    It just sits and waits until I need to use the computer then gets in the way, it's so annoying!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sensitivity column: enable this in OneDrive

Offer a Sensitivity column so you can see each file's sensitivity label at a glance. This is available in SharePoint but not OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to hide your name

can I create like Master account whateveer name to be a fantasy name, like who owns a brand?

I dont want my personal ifo to be shown

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sincronizzazione specifiche cartelle

One Drive dovrebbe avere la possibilità di poter sincronizzare automaticamente specifiche cartelle del pc.
    Questa funzione esiste su Google Drive. Dalle impostazioni posso scegliere quali cartelle del pc sincronizzare.
    Faccio un esempio pratico:
    utilizzo un software che salva tutti i file in una specifica cartella generata dallo stesso programma, ed ogni volta devo fare un copia/incolla manuale perchè non posso selezionare dalle impostazione di OneDrive che quella cartella venga sincronizzata automaticamente.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PROVIDE LIVE SUPPORT

WHY NO LIVE SUPPORT FOR A SYSTEM THAT IS SET AS DEFAULT FILE SAVE LOCATION FOR OFFICE???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Choice to select which files to upload, not just upload every available folder.

single file upload option so that my extreemly slow internet can do it in less than 8 hours, or more, preferably in a few minutes.
    I DO NOT NEED SUCH A BLUNT WEAPON AS THE ONE YOU HAVE GIVEN.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base