OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One-Way Sync and folder selection option

Please add a feature (one-way sync) and group policy settings. Also please let admin/user select more folders for sync via group policy or manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. occorre poter sovrascrivere le cartelle. così bisogna ogni volta cancellare tutto e copiare nuovamente, per magari un solo file modificato i

è indispensabile poter sovrascrivere le cartelle. così basta modificare un file in una cartella e bisogna rifare tutto. inoltre non sincoronizza.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Subfolders in photo album

When creating an album from folder, it does not include any subfolder.
    The albums should take them instead of adding all pictures in subfolders manually.
    Also, doing that manually, would be much easier to just drag the subfolder and drop inside the album, and not having to open each subfolder, selecting pictures, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Уберите эту ерунду

Она мне не нужна и не удаляется эта гадость мешающая мне

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to pin the OneDrive status window

Currently, the OneDrive client disappears as soon as you click off of it. It would be nice to have the ability to pin it so it stays open. There are times I prefer to watch which files, if any, are being synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. send/recieve

inserimento di un tasto che sincronizza manualmente, spesso la
    sincronizzazione non è immediata, devo metterla in pausa e farla ripartire manualmente
    in fede
    leonardo profeta

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Develop a feature that allows user to back up selected files only. OneDrive backs up working files. its very annoying to see OneDrive start

make this easy for users PLEASE! Otherwise will find a cloud that lets me decide what files I save.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Retention policies

When defining a global retention policy add options to customise it to exclude specific folders and file extensions of choice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow to sync shorcuts or not

Simply just allow to right click and toggle sync shortcut or not, while seems very simple we must add this feature just the sake of broken icons in other computers.
    For myself I find this very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Agregar Comando actualizar al menu de One Drive PC

Deberían colocar un comando para poder actualizar los datos de la nube en forma manual, esto es porque pongo la info en la nube y no descarga automaticamente esta a la PC, tengo que esperar, la sincronizacion no es automatica.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sugestão

Olá. O OneDrive para Windows deveria permitir a escolha das pastas que quero sincronizar. Teria que ter uma opção para eu navegar no computdor, navegar nas pastas e subpastas para eu conseguir ir selecionando as pastas que quero sincronizar. Além de permitir que eu escolha uma pasta compartilhada na rede como \\192.168.0.1\compartilhamento. Dou esta sugestão porque o Google Drive para computador oferece este recurso e eu acho super interessante.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mit der rechten maustaste die Synchronisation starten, da es im autostart nicht klappt

Mit der rechten maustaste die Synchronisation starten, da es im autostart nicht klappt

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Facility for locking the OneDrive folded shall be provided through mobile authenticator app.

Facility for locking and unlocking the OneDrive folded shall be provided through mobile authenticator app.
    Some times it required to give access to my window PC to my friends and for this I required this facility so that no one can access my files in OneDrive folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Files Currently Syncing

I would like to see which files are actively syncing. So when there is a trouble with syncing, I can try to troubleshoot the specific files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apply "Sort By" default in OneDrive Subfolders

Choose "Sort By" default in OneDrive

So, in pictures the default sort is by date and I have a lot of folders and subfolders that I have to change manually. So when will I be able to change the default option or at least being able to apply the sort order to all subfolders? Currently I have to go to each folder and choose how I want to sort the contents but would like to set a default (for example name ascending) and it will always show files within each folder in the same way.
    I realize this is similar…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Desktop Files

Thanks for the app. It's been a great option for storing my files across multiple devices.

Would love if the files on my desktop could display showing the first page of each file (eg, File A, a book, displays the cover of that book - as it used to be until several weeks ago), rather than displaying the bland red and white 'pdf'.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When OneDrive finds a file that needs to be renamed show the file. One drive fails to automatically rename, but does not display the file n

When OneDrive finds a file name that needs to be renamed, show the file name and when I click on file name either open in in Explorer for me to rename or allow me to rename there.

OneDrive is kicking on a file and when I click let OneDrive rename (something I should never have to do) it fails.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Process priority into admx

Could you please add process priority option into admx, setting onedrive process to low really help to make computer responsive again and stop crashing without increasing the sync time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base