OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Broken

Opened Excel file stored on my hard drive's OneDrive folder and noticed it was not the latest version. Opened a backup of same file on my network drive, did my work on it, saved it. Then tried to copy over the latest network drive version of Excel file to OneDrive folder. It won't copy (replace) over the OneDrive file! Had to delete the OneDrive file, then copy over to it! OneDrive is not working correctly!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 我是win8.1,至今无法登陆OneDrive

我是win8.1,至今无法登陆OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why did auto-syncing just turn on randomly?

bit sketch considering how sensitive people are over data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Folders with "Always keep on this device" set do not update!

I check "Files on demand".

For the data folder of my clipboard manager, I check "Always keep on this device"

As soon as files in this folder are modified by a remote PC, this PC displays a message saying that my clipboard manager is downloading files. It offers me the option to block the download but not to allow it!

Both my clipboard manager and Onedrive then hang up!

Why don't folders with "Always keep on this device" just work like folders on machines that don't have "Files on demand" selected?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive and Office 2016

The OneDrive application stays in a state of "processing changes" while I'm working on a word document. If I turn auto-save off, then it stops. And I can hit save and it'll process each time. But if auto-save is on, as soon as I make once change it turns to "processing changes" and stays there. And I can only assume that is part of why my battery doesn't make it as far as it used to (before this started happening)--I'm losing a minimum of an hour of battery time out of the whole day (estimated because I only noticed what's…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it able to be removed from the PC on Windows 10

Not one person likes not be able to control which programs they can and can't have on the computer. Yes, you can turn off notifications but it still pops up. Microsoft should not push programs on users that we may or may not want or utilize. It takes up valuable resources and can become quite annoying. I recommend that Microsoft makes it to where any file or program can be removed if this user no longer wants, not just OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let me remove OneDrive from the file explorer sidebar, and allow me to add other options (like Google Drive).

Allow the user to configure the File Explorer sidebar. Currently, One Drive cannot be removed. I don't use One Drive, and I'd rather replace it with my desired cloud application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. stop looking at files/folders online that i wont want to sync to my PC

i sync my pictures folder only to my PC so why do i get a message about "shorten the filename of path of..." unrelated folder? it makes it makes ondrive useless from a PC perspective and only works via phone or the web site. the app may as well not exist for all the good it does. p.s bring back "sync online only" for gods sakes. i',m not renaming my folders in onedrive and my local PC and my laptop to work around this. i just have to upload via my phone or sync new stuff to a blank onedrive…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fatal Windows 10 Problem - SD card disability

I've upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

I think the newer version is good. But the fatal thing is that OneDrive does not let SD card as the storing folder. In windows 8.1 environment, that won't be a problem, but newer one.. it's fatal to me since I'm using mini stick PC.

I want an update to make it fixed!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Online files should show up in OneDrive folder to save space on small drives but still be available quickly

Online files should show up in OneDrive folder to save space on small drives but still be available quickly. In my case I have big Desktop with a couple of TB disc space put together. But my Zenoook only has a 120GB SSD. Right now, I have to let it take up space on my laptop because I can't see my files, if they aren't available off line. I know I can get them from the website, but that doesn't exactly improve productivity

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix One Drive back to what it was before Windows 10

Ever since upgrading from Win 7 to 10, every other day, and even sometimes more than once a day, I get told, while I am working on homework, essays and spreadsheets that "I don't have permission to save to this location" (One Drive). I am the only user, and of course the administrator.

I usually end up saving my file to the desktop (if I'm lucky) and then I have to open One Drives folder and change the permissions to allow the home users full access (this changes back periodically) or I have to set the attributes of the files/folders…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let us know the process onedrive is doing.

With the app in 8.1 you could see the process of download and upload. I just upgraded to w10 and all my files in my onedrive (available offline) started to sync again, to download again!! and I’m not sure in what is it doing or how long it will take.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. until not allowing to sync online only, wont install this app again

until not allowing to sync online only, wont install this app again

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows 10 onedrive has some setbackes

Not having the ability to access files that are not local to computer on file explorer is a loss.

I also miss the ability to pause a sink in windows 10 environment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let me delete it with a single click

let me delete onedrive witha single click

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a

have a way to pause syncing. speed up upload and download. have a way to get rid of the 'upload error messages' when onedrive errors occur, haviubng the erroras stay in the Queue and visible even after I've seen them - and there's no action available for the errors anyway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I lost most of my photos when i upgraded to windows 10. They are DELETED automatically after sync.

My photos were deleted, I didn't even notice. I upgraded to windows 10 and then logged in the onedrive desktop. After an synchronization, most of the photos went to the RECYCLE BIN!!! I have to restore them in the web page, checking them one by one.
    NEED RECYCLE BIN in Desktop Version

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base