OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WHY YOU ARE STILL HER-E

WHY ARE YOU STILL HER-E

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Please provide barcode facility

Please provide barcode facility so that one can make Qr code and put address of one drive where data is stored means with help of qr code one can access perticular data from one drive directly

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be more like Git

OneDown = Git Fetch
    OneUp = Git Push
    OneSync = Get Merge

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clearing of the backup history

As per my knowledge you should add a feature that enables the user to clear the history of his/her backup data so that it can prevent the leaking of the data if anyone uses the user's computer apart from the owner of the computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User friendlyness

Ya'll are wanting to make money? I have to ask because it isn't apparent. I suggest you ask for volunteers over 50 to see if they can use your apps. I have been using Google One but I AGAIN am going to try & enjoy my laptop & bought Office 365 & set out to use OneDrive & I can't find "back up my computer, I don't want to go to folders & choose. I had a secretary because I am no good with files & such. How do I move my saved or stored "stuff" to OneDrive? I don't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it stop downloading everything when I want to look at one item. I can't use it too confusing

The software is not at all intuitive. It starts downloading multiple items when you view an image you can't see instantly what's backed up and what isn't. If I update a file I don't know if it's going to update the download or the one drive version. Useless i have to keep external drives as well as I have no confidence that if I delete from PC it won't delete the back up on one drive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A bit more curves in the layout.

A bit more rounded interface.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change name of sync client

The desktop sync client have the same name as an individual user's private file storage is causing so much confusion. Its a huge unlock to be able to sync one's sharepoint libraries but no one "gets it" because they think the onedrive sync client IS onedrive. SUPER CONFUSING.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive Usage and simplified use of storage

There are three of us using my Microsoft Family account. However, I need the remaining OneDrive Storage added to my account rather than adding additional emails.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SYNC BUTTON ON ALL PLATFORMS

it badly needs a sync button. Sick of having to shut down and re start just to sync something from my phone to my laptop. Its unusable

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When we disable oneDrive make it so it does not auto start again in the task bar.

When I disable OneDrive it restarts at some point in the task bar and slows my computer down. I do not use it at all. Everything I save, is saved to an external hard drive so I do not need OneDrive nor do I even want it on my computer. Let us remove it and make it so we do not have to have it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to upload new files while keeping the same shared link

Whenever I make changes to an image or file and upload the new file to One Drive, I have to get a new shared link. Other file sharing services (Box, Google Drive, etc.) allow me to manage versions so I can keep the same shared link. I would really like a way to do this in One Drive so those who have the old shared link don't get messed up. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please don't reset my Save settings with Updates

Updated Windows this week, and now my Office files AutoSave on open, destroying the info of their prior save date needed to find proper files. Needed to go to OneDrive settings and turn off "sync Office files on Open option under Office tab. Took two hours and chat with two MS Support staffers to fix this. Like being caught in a drive-by shooting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better file protection, like Sharepoint and dGoogle Drive need to be able to prevent shared ppl from downloading shared files

Better file protection, like Sharepoint and Google Drive need to be able to prevent shared ppl from downloading shared files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. how about you unistal 1 drives from everyones computer. That way I won't have to disable it on every new computer.

1 Drive program is trashy. It's really annoying. And doesn't need to be installed with windows. Ever.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Right click menu integration

I want OneDrive to be integrated into folder right click menu so that i can choose to upload and use the file online directly without having to copy the file to Onedrive folder and choose to have it available online, it's a waste of time. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. its not safe

why microsoft onedrive start backup my desktop, documents and pictures folders without my permission?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base