OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I feel there is overreach in one drive taking over the sync of my desktop without explanation

the one drive desktop sync is "out of the blue" for those of us who simply use one drive for cloud storage.

One drive is like a bull in a china shop.

There should be an Introduction tutorial if a process is going to eliminate our data in a way that we do not expect.

Microsoft is great in many ways but too much is assumed by those who are designing new features.

There should be a whole department organized to serve as a liaison for explaining to neophytes unexpected consequences of a new application's function.

This page is an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug in Bugs

Hallo liebes OneDrive Team!
    Die OneDrive Software für Windows ist meine Meinung nicht gut genug.
    - Es gibt keine (schnell auffinbare) deutsche Support Seite.

• Die OneDrive Aplikation hat viele Bugs. Einige davon:
      -- Die Synchronisierung wird nicht abgeschlossen. Der Ordner wird angezeit al waäre dieser nur auf dem Coputer verfügbar. Und nicht Immer Vefügbar.
      -- Die Position vom Icon menü im system tray ist störend und unschön. es wird nicht oberhalb von der Start Leiste angezeigt sondern höher.

Es hat micht sehr entäuscht und verärgert diese Software zu nutzen.
    Bitte bessert die Bugs aus und testet eure Software vor der…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back copied link share in My Documents folder

When I am in My Documents folder on my PC, up until recently if I right clicked on a file under the OneDrive folder I would have the option to "Share OneDrive Link" and it would automatically copy the link to my clipboard.

Starting today, when I right click it only gives me the "share" option and when I select that it doesn't give the option to copy a link to share. Instead, it gives me a pop up window with different options on how to share to a specific email address. I want instead a link automatically copied to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please, please provide someway of pausing or slowing down the OneDrive sync. It's completely clogging our broadband.

Please, please provide someway of pausing or slowing down the OneDrive sync. It's completely clogging our broadband.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. one drive

I want to set different password for onedrive except sign in password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive must able to match same files in different PCs

Suppose I have uploaded 200 GB data on cloud from one of my computer. If I just install onedrive on another computer, all 200 GB download will take time and broadband data. There must be an option to just copy 200 GB data from pen drive from one computer to another and onedrive matches the content of both onedrive folders and does not download 200 GB data, just copies files/folders which are different.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error in reporting total size

Going to OneDrive definitions (right-click in OneDrive tray icon, and then clicking definitions) instead of the total size availabe I see %4s. Please see screenshot in attachment. This is hapenning for 2015 version 17.3.6301.0.127) Portuguese (Portugal) locale in Windows 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. File Deduplication

I'd like an easy way to check my files for duplicates. Ultimately, I still want to decide which file to use, but it would be nice if you had a feature where I could press a button, and it would scan my folder and find all the duplicates so I can clear some space.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. fix the software.

We have had recurring problems having our desktop spreadsheet sync with the Online, even after resetting several times
    About to find a different solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow me to remove.

It keeps poping up regardless of the settings I have set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. atleast you would have given 17 or 20gb storage

atleast you would have given 17 or 20gb storage

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. se ██면 허증위조██faadon@yeah.넷██((직거래택배))민증위조민증위 조██

██면 허증위조██faadon@yeah.넷██((직거래택배))민증위조민증위 조██

▓▓▓▓▓직거래/택배거래/서울제작▓▓▓▓▓

♥말바꾸는 업자들은 100% 사기꾼 입니다♥
    ♥가짜직거래업자들많습니다※주의하십시요♥

★전화번호나 카톡으로 광고하는 곳에 문의하시면 경찰조사 받을 확률 상당히 높습니다
    ★경찰수사 들어가면 “통화기록/문자기록/카톡기록/계좌추적”..등으로
    ★조사 대상 1순위가 되십니다. [정말 위험한 행동입니다!!!]
    ★전화번호로 광고내는 업자들 전부다 해외에서 대포폰 로밍해서 쓰는겁니다.
    ★그러면서도, 한국에 있는것 처럼 거짓말하고 있습니다. 손님들 안전은
    ★안중에도 없고, 수사기관에 분명히 문제되는걸 알면서도, 안전하다고
    ★말하고 있습니다. 정~말 문제 상당히 많은 업자들입니다!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot open word/excel files from OneDrive desktop

I just subscribe the Office 365. However, I cannot open the word/excel files directly from desktop OneDrive. I need to copy and paste the files to my local drive on my pc so that I can open them, and copy them back to OneDrive after using. I was using Office 2010 before and didn't find such a problem. Is there any settings so that I can open and editing the word/excel files directly from desktop OneDrive? It is so annoying and looks like a step-back process when users cannot directly open the files from desktop OneDrive app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create password security protection for OneDrive Office networks to protect again office admin or IT from having access to my OneDrive acct

Create password security protection for OneDrive Office networks to protect again office admin or IT from having access to my OneDrive acct.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I can not see the status of synchronization. At Dropbox, you allways see how far the sync is.

I can not see the status of synchronization. At Dropbox, you allways see how far the sync is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Nouvelle application

Bonjour,
    Je souhaiterais qu'il soit installée, sous Windows 10, une application One Drive qui regroupe tous les One Drive sous Outlook que l'on possède, ce qui est le cas lorsque l'on a plusieurs adresses mails. Je possédais une telle application sur mon Windows Phone lorsque j'étais sous Windows 8.1.
    Voilà, est-ce possible ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base