OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. comment puige conecte onedrive je crois quil et bloce

comment puige conecte onedrive je crois quil et bloce

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pause sync one folder

I want to be able to do right click over a folder that is syncing, and have the option "Pause sync", so this folder stops syncing temporarly, so other folders have priority. It's a feature available already in OneDrive for Business, but it's not present in OneDrive for common users or Office 365 subscribers. Please add this option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in tray should tell you how much space is used

Right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in system tray should tell you how much space is used. It was very convenient with Google Drive (or was it Dropbox?)

It's probably been suggested already, but couldn't find it with a quick search.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ticket # 518694. Multiple users under 1 account

When a document is opened by one user, the next user should not be able to edit and notify the first user. One Drive should notify the first user that the 2nd user is trying to open the file. The 2nd user can only edit the file when the first user exit the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Installed KB3072633

Installed KB3072633 in Windows 8.1 64 bit, Internet Explorer 11 was not download file use drag and drop on SharePoint Online site and OneDrive for Business.
    Internet Explorer made shortcut link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. remove it from my computer please and stop making it so annoyable if i dont use it. i DONT want to use it.

REMOVE it from my computer, please, and stop making it so annoyable if i dont use it. i DONT want to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integração melhorada entre PC e telefone

seria muito legal se o aplicativo conseguir detectar um computador com Windows 10 logado na mesma conta que está logado no onedrive do telefone, e de vez o telefone enviar os arquivos o telefone apenas cópia e seus arquivos para o computador e o computador se encarrega de enviar esses arquivos, fazendo que o telefone economize bateria e assim também não sobrecarregue muito a rede

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bilder försvinner från Den här datorn

Vid uppdateringar av Windows försvinner bilder från Den här datorn. De finns kvar i One Drive i en ny fil, men är borta från Den här datorn. Varför? Det borde inte fungera så.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Onedrive shows how many files it is syncing and their size, but not which files they are. Especially helpful for troubleshooting.

Onedrive shows how many files it is syncing and their size, but not which files they are. Especially helpful for troubleshooting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When new files are added to one drive, First Sync those then check rest.

When new files are added to one drive, First Sync those then check rest. This way I don't have to wait 20 minutes for ondedrive to check all the files then finally sync the one I need.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 保存到云端

每次保存OFFICE文档的时候,你们都先保存到云端,再从云端下载下来,这不是SB么?直接保存到本地在上传到云端不行??非要每次浪费一分钟时间??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. remote

Admin be able to remotely wipe synced data on local machine and stop syncing the account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Give users the option to totally disable this option.

As per the title. I am fed up with this constantly asking me to set up the drive when I have no intention of using it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bitte gebt dem Anwender die Möglichkeit zu entscheiden, welche Ordner (Eigene Aufnahmen, WhatsApp, Screenshots, etc.) auf OneDrive hochgelad

Bitte gebt dem Anwender die Möglichkeit zu entscheiden, welche Ordner (Eigene Aufnahmen, WhatsApp, Screenshots, etc.) auf OneDrive hochgeladen werden.

Please give the user the option to choose which folders (My pictures, WhatsApp, screenshots, etc.) will be uploaded to OneDrive.(GoogleTranslate)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reminders re syncing.

Periodically, I manually save .pst files to OneDrive because I know they don't automatically sync. I don't need a reminder from my PC every morning telling me these files haven't synced. It's a useless piece of information that I don't need.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. sync status overlay on icon blocks the Windows shortcut indication

sync status overlay on icon blocks the Windows shortcut indication

This makes it very hard for me to quickly differentiate a folder in One Drive from a shortcut to a folder in One Drive. Just put it in any other corner than bottom right. There might be a chance that only one overlay is allowed though, but it is still an issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Chtěl bych pomoct Od Cortany přes OneDrive ve Windows i na jiné otázky a pomoci s jinými,problémy.

Aby bylo božné ,aby kliknutí na Pomoc Cortana se s vámi mohla spojit a pomoc vám s probléby jak stímto programem tak i problémy na počítači a možností Cortánu nahrát i tam kde je to nepodporované .

Myslím si že by to bylo nejlepší řešení.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add a remove icon from task bar in OneDrive's property drop down box!

Please add a remove icon from task bar in OneDrive's property drop down box!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base