OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would really like you to fix the Windows 7 CSISyncexec problem.

A number of users on Windows 7 using Office 365 and the non-business version of Onedrive are experiencing massive slowdowns caused by multiple spawning of CSISyncexec processes. This has been going on for well over a year and has completely prevented me from using OneDrive for any practical purposes. I don't have a massive amount of daa on OneDrive and yet it is unusable. None of the suggestions from your techs on the Microsoft forum has worked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Widows edge

Get windows edge on tablet to work better it is the main stop to anyone that I know for using Microsoft 10 tablet
    Look if I open yahoo on iPad or google look at it look I don't have to slide left or right to see all the text
    On Windows tablet it does not adapt

Finally the sms feature get the Windows tablet to send sms (text ) via Skype straight like a iPad or android tablet would do
    Skype to Skype of the user have Skype if not straight to text or give the option if possible
    And…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eventual availability

If a user is not sure whether a folder already exists, he should right-click on any other folder and search for a given name on the windows that shows up.

A suggestion is to placing those folders not available offline in a red font, for instance (I know, Microsoft should have to re-write the Listview properties). By the way, the window that appears for choosing a given folder to make it offline is ridiculously small particularly if an user has dozen of folders with a small screen size, like me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. QQ接收的文件存储到onedrive文件夹,必须对文件内容作出修改后才能自动同步

QQ接收的文件存储到onedrive文件夹,必须对文件内容作出修改后才能自动同步

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Address the problems the user of the home version of the app where scrolling long file lists fails to include all files in the sectable list

When a folder contains a large number of files the scrolling facility of the home user version frequently skips files that are on the store - as click in the scrollbar several times, and the process that selects files in the list frequently skips files.
    So - when trying to check if a folder contains all 20,000 of the files that should be there, the process of getting the app to store the names may take several hours as the user needs to wait for response after each "down" scroll click. and the bulk selection facility at the top of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable One Drive to eliminate doubles of photos .

Enable one drive to eliminate any and all doubles in photos , this will help to keep one drive from being full at times since photos is usually the largest amount of files that fill up one drive in windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What file is uploading?

It should be possible to see who exactly file is currently uploading.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Every time I open office,OneDrive will auto-start; it's annoying!

Every time I open office,OneDrive will auto-start; it's annoying!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to pick folders they want on their own machines to sync to OneDrive

Space is the name of the game.
    As far as I can see, OneDrive is useful to keep files and folders online with all easy access it can give.
    But most users would be happier if we could save internal HD space could be a extraordinary feature.
    So, why you can't allow us to pick up folders we want to sync?
    'Cause if I have a 5 Gb folder and want to save space, how to do that if OneDrive demand a copy of that same files (and folder) to be able to deal with it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. le transfert des donnees du tel vers l ordinateur doit etre ameliore

le transfert des donnees devrait se faire plus rapidement et ordinateur ferme ...bien souvent les documents que je transfert je les retrouve plus rapidement sur le net et le site de OneDrive Alors que sur mon pc elle ne sont pas encore telechargees

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't abandon Windows phone!

This app is much better and more functional on the iPad than it is on my brand new Windows phone. That's just not right - support your most loyal customers first!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give people an option to keep their accounts with out trying to black mailing people into buying more storage .

Stop telling people they will suspend their accounts unless you buy more storage as your over the free storage space

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sync Onedrive with a Dropbox share from soneone else, without having Dropbox account

I don't have a dropbox account but I do have onedrive both personal and business on my desktop and laptop. All good.

However clients often want to share a dropbox folder with me and I'd like not to have to install dropbox too.

Is it possible that these shared with me folders can be sync'd into Onedrive so they and I can keep them updated?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change Settings Dialogue Box

The dialog box shows "Unlink PC" when in fact, I am not linked. It also says "no account" but the terminology "account" and "linked PC" are not the ssame and are imprecise. This is confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stay away from print screen button registration

stay away from print screen button registration (ctrl+prntscreen)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Managing Security For Onedrive on different computer

Dear One Drive Team,
    I find it is really convenience to have Onedrive installed on multiple computer. However, I would like to block access to my Onedrive on other computer. For example, I have one Laptop and a public Desktop. I would like to sync my datas on both computers. While the public computer keeps syncing, it is impossible for other to access it except myself. Do we have or develop some kind of function like this?

Thank you,
    THINH

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base