OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Wording of "Always keep on this device" to "Keep on this device" (Remove 'always')

Change Wording of "Always keep on this device" to "Keep on this device" (Remove 'always')

The phrase "Always Keep On This Device" is confusing and misleading. The functionality of on-demand files means that you have the option of downloading and offloading files at a time of your choosing.

When I see the phrase "Always keep on this device", it sounds like OneDrive intends for my device to be the primary and only storage location for these files. "Always" indicates permanent, ongoing.

I think "always" should be removed so that it doesn't imply that choosing this option is a permanent action.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Again I my files are messed up and I get a message saying I can't save the file because it's open on another computer. THIS ISN'T TRUE.

because it's open in another computer. THIS ISN'T TRUE. IT ISN'T OPEN ANYWHERE ELSE. PHOOEY. IF YOU CAN'T FIX THESE PROBLEMS, THEY WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME SO I CAN FIND ANOTHER WAY TO SYNC MY FILES. PHOOEY

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop repeatedly bothering me with popups to enable features. Stop putting spam in my finder.

Stop repeatedly bothering me with popups to enable features. Stop putting spam in my finder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give me a list of links already shared

Give me a list of links already shared. An BTW, read what people sent you, don't ask them to categorize for you. The customer is not your secretary...,. DUH!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. control data synch accross multiple devices using onedrive to manage data usage on a metered network connection. Had PC's and IOS devices

control data synch across multiple devices using onedrive to manage data usage on a metered network connection. Had multiple PC's and IOS devices connected to my onedrive account and this caused my daily usage to increase 15 to 20 times normal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Frequent failure in uploading huge files

I am trying to upload a file of size 2.7GB. Onedrive for business is syncing it daily and one day it could upload 900MB. But when I had to shutdown my laptop and start next day it again trys to upload from begining. Why cant onedrive for desktop start upload from where it stopped? it is not a good for a tool to take more than a fortnight to try uploading a huge file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Синхронизация с OneDrive

Подключение OnLine пространства диска OneDrive как виртуального диска устройства(PC)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why is sharepoint not working with the next gen client? I've uninstalled everything. I click sync and nothing. Can't add library manually.

This seriously sucks, I'm on training out of town, and I can't access any of my sharepoint files offline. The next gen client used to work. Why can't we just get the new client that actually works to install with the office 365 version?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 只能使用默认目录,不能更改OneDrvice目录。

只能使用默认目录,不能更改OneDrvice目录。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I subscribe to Office 365 Home. I have the 6TB storage with 1TB per user. This plan do not work for one user need more TB.

I subscribe to Office 365 Home. I have the 6TB storage with 1TB per user. This plan do not work for one user need more TB. My idea is that Microsoft need to offer a plan with more TB for one user. A plan like this for one user able use the 6TB would be great. Even a plan with more than 6TB for one user would be GREAT as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. POOR onedrive document auto-save

One drive document did not update automatically as i worked on it. Sudden restart of computer due to windows update occured. Restarted and autorecovered my document which i have WORKED ON FOR 3 HOURS. I clicked SAVED, and the OLDER VERSION REPLACED ALL MY 3 HOURS WORK.

What is happening!? Why saving your autorecovered work REPLACE it ALLL with the PREVIOUS WORK???? JUST WHY?? i am going to kill myself now. Blood is on your hands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 文字显示不正确

文字显示不正确
    正在同步文件,是从服务器到我的电脑,但上边显示了正在上传,下边是正常的下载速度。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why cannot upload png or jpg pictures now?

Why cannot upload png or jpg pictures now?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make it easy to use

Look at how it worked in 8.1! Easy to turn on and off. The new, "improved" version is a nightmare. USELESS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable Shared Folder

I cannot get over the convoluted interface of the Web Client. It's just an exercise in frustration. Even trying to find a previously posted idea on this subject in your 'suggest a feature or idea' option, how do I even sort through the myriad of suggestions that are present to get to one that is 'most like' the one I have here?

My SIMPLE request is when selecting a file or folder in the Web Client, I have a SHARE link. I click on that, and sure enough, I get a SHARE link to send to someone. Now, how do…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let me actually turn this **** off.

When I uncheck start when windows starts. I shouldn't have one drive start itself when I boot my computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It be easier

Need to be able to download any kind of format to make it so everybody wants it here and no where else

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base