OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Molesta demasiado

OneDrive debería molestar mucho menos al usuario, al modo de Dropbox, que uno no se entera que está en ejecución.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive app takes up to 541 megabytes in the phone memory.

Hello, I have a problem. OneDrive app takes up to 541 megabytes in the phone memory. I don’t know how to reduce this size. Can you please advise me what should I do? I don’t have any files in the Offline section. I don’t want to restore my phone to factory settings :/ I have a problem to install the phone updates, for lack of space in my phone. Thank you very much for your answer.
    I have Windows 10 Mobile 1607 & Lumia 640 LTE. OneDrive version: 17.19.1

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the OneDrive App reliable!

Currently trying to sign in for a very long time. Files are not synched. This is very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. office can not read the formulas

office can not read the formulas;
    look forward with MathType on windownphone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. J'ai le paramètre ne pas démarrer onedrive au démarrage, et la il popup en plein milieux d'une partie de jeux avec le focus, c'est pourris

J'ai le paramètre ne pas démarrer onedrive au démarrage, et la il popup en plein milieux d'une partie de jeux avec le focus, c'est pourris

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shoot the person who decided this piece of **** was a good replacement of a system that worked.

make it useable again you have removed all the useable features and replaced it with nothing. works great on old versions of windows and on desktop program. and funnily enough perfectly with macos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ccweems!gmail.com

With the onset of longer passwords why not put a reveal button to allow you to confirm password on all boxes that require a password? I expect exploited passwords are very rarely due to someone looking over your shoulder. If anything make it a security option. I work by myself and I am willing to take the chance...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. why do I get told not connected while one drive is downloading 781 mb

my Idea is the truth will do and that is why so many people get annoyed with microsoft because of the lies MY home Wifi is Sky14FCA but it trys to disconnect me all the time and has done so completely on one of my two computers bad decision microsoft facebook is open

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Access Shared Folders Using FQDN

Hi, I would like to access one of my shared folders using FQDN rather than HTTP link. Example: I have a shared folder that looks like this
    Hi, I would like to access one of my shared folders using FQDN rather than HTTP link. Example: I have a shared folder that looks like this
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AJ7sx44al... I would like users to access it using FDQN like this \\server.domain.com\share

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive security - Prevent everyone to share a file when they are not the owner

I created one file, in this case a OneNote NoteBook and shared it with friend A with "Required user to sign in before accesssing docuemnt" via OneNote for Desktop. When friend A received the invitation email from me, he clicked the link "View in OneDrive" then he still can view and edit my NoteBook immediately wihtout login in to his Live account first. Then he can just share the link he got from the invitation email and send it to everyone else and they all can view and edit my NoteBook without my permission.

If he logs into his Live…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My file is Doomed!!!

I'm installing new Windows 10 (1709) to my computer.
    When I was trying to sync files from the OnDrive Sever by using the OnDrive Client,I found that all files that I've uploaded has turn into empty files.
    Then I logoned the Web Client and found that those files are empty.
    WHY????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. need to set pin protection

need to set pin protection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 如何查看自己的账户

看自己的账户不方便

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. a

have a way to pause syncing. speed up upload and download. have a way to get rid of the 'upload error messages' when onedrive errors occur, haviubng the erroras stay in the Queue and visible even after I've seen them - and there's no action available for the errors anyway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it easy to turn off OneDrive and Skype.

Make it easy to turn off OneDrive and Skype.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update OneDrive Windows client so the "provide feedback" link points to uservoice

After the latest update I got a pop up message from OneDrive telling me that my files are synchronized (yeah!) and that I need to upgrade to Office 365 (I already am using O365). I decided to click on the help -> provide feedback link in that pop up. It brought me to https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/category/86087-windows and a message that the forum was closed and that I needed to go to onedrive.uservoice.com to pick a forum.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copy

Copy a cloud photo or file to external hard drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base