OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix it.

even though its not in my one drive folder, your badly designed program is trying to upload my massive video files. and it will 'helpfully' tell me what files are uploading but will not let me select a file to cancel its upload! great! so useful! /sarcasm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onedrive on SDcard: When it dismounts it syncs ALL folders on remount

I have one drive on SDcard (convenient). The only problem is the sdcard drivers on Surface Pro are a little wonky, and it dismounts occasionally. When it remounts it begins to sync all folders, rather than just the ones I have selected to sync. It's a big pain; please fix. This has been ongoing for years (ever since you removed the file placeholders, which I would love to see return.).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Toolbar support for OneDrive

I'd like support for setting OneDrive folders as Toolbars on the Taskbar to be fixed/improved.

I set one of my OneDrive folders as a Toolbar on the Taskbar and since then OneDrive has been in a perpetual loop trying to process changes. Clearly setting a OneDrive folder as a Toolbar isn't currently supported and using it in an unsupported way bugged the OneDrive app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. QUE ES ESTA PORQUERIA EN MI COMPUTADOR!!

MALDITA SEA QUIERO MIS ARCHIVOS EN MI DISCO NO EN SU MUGRE DE INVENTO. hijos de peerra

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow me to remove One Drive from windows 10 home edition.

I can't edit group policy with Home editon, there's no way to remove this app.

In particular it also uses up shell overlay icons, which I also can't remove.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 错误的状态显示

正在同步下载文件时,状态总是错误显示为已上传

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us more robust, stable and functional mapping

the mapping has gotten worse.
    -Mapping should allow me to add push pins for all of my contact near me.

-Integrate fully with Dynamic CRM (at least have an add in to allow routing to customers near me)
    -the gps takes far too long to understand direction of travel and location when starting a new route
    -stability is an issue with navigation while a call comes in.
    -navigation menu screen should stay live while on a call sometimes, it goes away and I need to know where I need to turn while I am on a call.
    -Integrate Bing searches…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I TURNED ON MY COMPUTER AND EVERTHING HAS A BLACK BACKGROUND AND WHITE LETTER. I DONT LIKE THIS. HOW DO IT CHANGE IT BACK?

MY SCREEN IS ALL BLACK WITH WHITE LETTERS. I DONT LIKE IT. CHANGE IT BACK PLEASE. THANK OU

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. **** ONEDRIVE

**** ONEDRIVE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The interface looks ugly.

The interface needs to be improved to fit Windows 10's style.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive suddenly says file size is too large to sync (3GB)

File is same size it always has been, 3.1GB, but this morning One Drive says it is too large to sync. Windows 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User option to stop OneDrive notifications on remaining storage

I'm notified with a pop-up every time I turn on my machine that my OneDrive storage is 92% full. We should be able to turn off these notifications in Settings as their consistency makes them obnoxious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Modify OneDrive Windows10 version logic

I upload 700G photo to onedrive from my PC and dis-sync specific folder from Surface.
    but Surface will 'process syncing' when power on every time.
    is it coz process sync list every file ?
    We already choose don't sync specific folder which include 700g new photo , should don't effect program performance too much.
    if I am right , should move folder to 1st level check and break if match !
    please help , thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i think better the onedrive should add an option in system tray icon to refresh sync data

i think better the onedrive should add an option in system tray icon to refresh sync data

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How to turn off notification that one drive is full or near full

include how to turn off notifications that one drive is almost full or full when the notification is sent. That way I don't have to keep getting a notification I don't want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Highlight text

This 'idea' is really not unique to Onedrive but is pervasive throughout Microsoft. I submit that no screen should be rendered such that it is impossible to click/highlight text in order to copy/paste into a subsequent message, text, email, document, ...

Over and over and over - I have the need to discuss what I am viewing on my screen. EXACTLY what I am viewing on my screen. The easy way to do that is to highlight it, copy it, and paste it into whatever discussion I am having. The hard way is to get a split screen (so I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. should open the saved files without intern

It's a great app no doubt but in order to open files it requires internet..it would be better or shall I say great if it could open the saved files without internet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base