OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When am uploading a file or scanned from iPhone it should allow me to name it before uploading it to OneDrive folder

When am uploading a document/or scanned picture/doc from iPhone it should allow me to name it before uploading it to OneDrive folder - it will make it easier than having to go and find it in onedrive in order to name it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. please leave folder integrity intact

I've started using onedrive "autosave" feature. I noticed it moved the location of "desktop" and "documents folder, from "C:\users\my name" to "C:\users\my name\onedirve" . It messed up many of programs I am using, since they relied on knowing the location of this folder. Please solve this issue!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make my iPhone visible when attached to my PC so I can back up to OneNote.

Your instructions for getting my Iphone photos to OneDrive are useless because my iPhone doesn't show up when plugged into my PC>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PC版不显示共享文件夹

win版客户端找不到共享的文件

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow backup to work from a separate partition - E:/ drive instead of just the C:/ drive

Allow backup to work from a separate partition - E:/ drive instead of just the C:/ drive. Unlinking and relinking doesn't work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug fix

When I click an image thumbnail it regularly glitches and doesn't load the image in full screen. I am running Windows 10 on a surface pro 4. So all Windows stuff and it still happens through the desktop app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep files only in OneDrive and not on PC?

I would like the option to use OneDrive like an external hard drive - to be able to move files off my C drive to free up space. This may already be possible, but I see nothing in the documentation I have reviewed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't duplicate shortcuts that are created before OneDrive has fully launched.

Scenario: Users' Desktops are redirected to a folder inside their OneDrive. Some processes (e.g. Teams and Group Policy preferences) create Desktop shortcuts before OneDrive client has fully started. In these scenarios the shortcuts are duplicated.

We have 1900 users hot-desking across 700 computers. This behaviour leads to potentially hundreds of duplicated shortcuts on their desktops!

For reference, another admin has described this well and provided a script to clear up the mess in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/exclude-group-policy-shortcuts-from-onedrive-sync/0c70b148-1e1a-42c9-8cf0-e9a6c34f8b41

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Henkilökohtaisen säilön lukitus -ominaisuuden poistaminen

Tuotteesta puuttuu henkilökohtaisen lukituksen poistomahdollisuus. Tämä olisi hyvä olla.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5GB

原本衹有15GB來存儲一些零碎文件,今天收到mail說被降至5GB.
    太突然了,之前完全沒有通知我,希望能保留我的容量空間

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Benimle paylaşılan dosyaları bilgisayardaki one drive klasöründe görmeliyim.

Benimle paylaşılan dosyaları bilgisayardaki one drive klasöründe görmeliyim.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive 团队,你们好! 我有Microsoft OneDrive 帐户,过去皆未使用。现收到贵E-MAIL 通知,将于 2018 年 11 月 10 日删除。为此, 我希望继续保留帐户,请指教如何 重新激活帐户OneDrive ?等待你们的信息。谢谢!

OneDrive 团队,你们好!
    我有Microsoft OneDrive 帐户,过去皆未使用。现收到贵E-MAIL 通知,将于 2018 年 11 月 10 日删除。为此, 我希望继续保留帐户,请指教如何 重新激活帐户OneDrive ?等待你们的信息。谢谢!

dtxrcl@outlook.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't restart it for me.

Why can't I close the onedrive completely?
    I don"t want to use it but it's been automatically rebooted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Synchronization is very very slow

Synchronization is very very slow..
    any idea to fix it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base