OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. πιπιλα

γφυξυ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Two computers/One Account

I have a personal laptop and a business one. They do not share files. The problem is that standard Windows folders such as Documents, Pictures, Desktop, etc. on the two laptops can't be saved separately, unless I rename those folders one one of the laptops. I haven't tried that, but I'll bet the operating system would have problems with that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Onedrive Business Vianet Problem

I have a Onedrive Business Vianet account.But OneDrive always uses microsoft onedirve account to login.It causes that Onedrive cant find my account successfully and cant login.Could you fix it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If I can view my pictures on OneDrive in a slideshow, why can't I play my music files stored on OneDrive the same way?

I've stored all of my music files on OneDrive but I can't play them continuously. I want a "slideshow"-style ability for my music. Now, I have to select Next if I want to play the next song.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Uninstall this app

it consume significant CPU resource

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 相同位置已有一个同名文件或文件夹

明明没有改变过文件夹,只是把onedrive退出了又重新打开,怎么就出现这个BUG!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maybe this isn't new, but I want a physical OneDrive that is a security key, a Mesh Broadcast, a power source and also a light.

Maybe this isn't new, but I want a physical OneDrive that is a security key, a Mesh Broadcast, a power source and also a light. Basically a pocket knife that does everything. There could even be various versions that have a camera feature or a projection feature. Or a document server feature. There could be lots of specialized versions. But I think it would be so cool to have a physical version of the OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can change anything

The new app ser up folder by default even if I don't want them. I can not Cancel the uploading process once start and I can not change the setting so I can choose the folder I really want to upload. New app is suck.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Put a button on the taskbar icon context menu that will allow users to start a manual update. When I open my laptop I have to wait for sync

Put a button on the taskbar icon context menu that will allow users to start a manual update. When I open my laptop I have to wait for sync

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ondersteuning netwerkverbinding

ik heb een netwerkverbinding gemaakt met mijn persoonlijke Onedrive map via command prompt: "NET USE Y: \\d.docs.live.net\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". Via verkenner kan ik alle bestanden van drive Y openen, bewerken en opslaan BEHALVE de office-bestanden (Word, Excel, …). Voor deze bestanden krijg ik telkens de vraag contact op te nemen met de beheerder. Hoe kan dit verholpen worden?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. speed

If you want upload speed, use Dropbox. Unfortunally I need 3 Gb for my files and One Drive offers that free but with painstakingly slow upload speeds. On purpos?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Issue when by error you start to sync the OneDrive to your computer and it can't be stopped until fully sync

Issue when we start to sync the OneDrive to your computer and it can't be stopped until fully synced. Once the process is started OneDrive doesn't allow changes to folders selected to sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. why did auto-syncing just turn on randomly?

bit sketch considering how sensitive people are over data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fatal Windows 10 Problem - SD card disability

I've upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.

I think the newer version is good. But the fatal thing is that OneDrive does not let SD card as the storing folder. In windows 8.1 environment, that won't be a problem, but newer one.. it's fatal to me since I'm using mini stick PC.

I want an update to make it fixed!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dock the sync update window

I think it would be excellent if the pop up sync update window from the toolbar can be docked so you can monitor progress while working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Warn user when OneDrive is not synchronising for *any* reason

One of my clients reported they were unable to right-click on a file and share it. Upon investigation, it turned out that OneDrive was *not* synchronising but there was no visual indication that there was a problem, i.e. red cross on the OneDrive icon. So for many weeks, their local documents were not been backed up. No clue there was a problem when you clicked on the OneDrive icon. In fact, quite the opposite - it said "You're all set, all files in sync" when they clearly were not.

However, on opening the account page, where it says "Choose folders…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why do you need 500 votes in order to respond?

I hope that you respond to all useful ideas. Setting 500 votes seems a bit ridiculous. It appears that the only way someone will vote for the excellent ideas I have posted today is if they search for something similar and see my ideas. I would hope that you (the OD managers) review all ideas and classify them as potentially useful or useless. I agree that ideas you class useless only need a response when they reach a certain number of votes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base