OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Synching Problem

I am having a problem with OneDrive not synching files. I have Office 365 installed on my desktop system and my laptop and both use Windows 10. I have the latest version of OneDrive and all the latest Windows Updates.

OneDrive often stalls updating files between the two systems. When I open the OneDrive Desktop icon, it says "OneDrive is synching files" but nothing is actually happening. What I have to do to force it to synch is to go into the settings and change the setting that says "Save space and download files as you use them". I have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improvement upload speed and sync in general.

Improve the upload speed and sync of this service. This product is slower than any I have and indeed I have ALL the major Cloud Storage Services. Drop Box, Google Drive and One Drive. I have O365 Home with 1 Tb for each of my computers. The cloud storage is largely unusable. Example I uploaded from the Windows Client using Drop Box 2.27 gb it took less than 5 minutes. Contrast I have been running an upload /sync of 258 GB that has been running for 20 hours and synced a total of 43 GB. At this rate if will…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the "I keep getting "Cannot access a disposed object" after enabling Files-On-Demand

I have to disable this feature, but now the system will attempt to copy the entire Onedrive to my PC which does not have enough storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Moving your OneDrive folder to another location should be made possible without the need to first unlink your account.

Moving your OneDrive folder to another location should be made possible without the need to first unlink your account. Make it an option in the settings menu. Dropbox has it, so why not OneDrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. et ne lit pas l'anglais

Faite simple car tout le monde n'est pas né dans un ordinateur.
    Propose différentes langues pour comprendre vos trop nombreuses pages
    Merci et salutations,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Properly support Per-monitor DPI awareness.

OneDrive dialog and context menu are incorrect size when monitor DPI changed.

Repro steps:
    - I'm using Surface Book
    - Sign-in with external monitor (100% System DPI)
    - Disconnect the external monitor
    - Main monitor is now internal monitor (150% Monitor DPI)
    - Show OneDrive settings dialog but it is very small

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 연결하는 동안 문제가 발생하였습니다.

연결하는 동안 문제가 발생하였습니다.
    계속 뜹니다. 왜그렇나요

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ondrive startup error

hello everytime I startup my computer ondedrive says it cant find some file...then it asks me to reconfigure onedrive....well after I reconfigure and choose to use my existing folder everything works fine like there is nothing wrong!!!!!!.....but everytime I reset my computer I keep getting this error and have to re sign in and its very frustrating especially when there is nothing wrong!!!!!!!.........here is a screenshot of the error!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When you log on to onedrive.live.com, selecting PHOTOS, then ALBUNS, where all my photo albums appear. It is in this option that I could not

When you log on to onedrive.live.com, selecting PHOTOS, then ALBUNS, where all my photo albums appear. It is in this option that I could not order my ALBUMS by sorting them by name. The albums are ordered by the system according to another criteria and I did not find a way to sort by the Album NAME, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folder access only with Microsoft account

Similar to Word, Excel and OneNote, it would be nice if you could specify whether a user can only access one folder with a Microsoft account.
    Right now I only can type in the email and a text but not decide if the user needs an Microsoft account or not. (see screenshot)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One Drive on the web need an option to view file by file name line by line

At present this feature is not available, the file is shown in big icon, it is difficult to locate the uploaded file for sharing. I would like to suggest to have an option like in Win 7 PC file folder to show the file name line by line in a more condense way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. jak z synchronizować dane z gier z chmura?

Coś wiadomo na ten temat po polsku?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. stop popping up the icon every few minutes to download in taskbar when I have exited the prompter.

stop popping up the icon every few minutes to download in taskbar when I have exited the prompter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using Process Monitor to find sync problems

Like a lot of other people, I’ve had a recurring issue with OneDrive saying it was syncing files but never finishes syncing. Since OneDrive doesn’t have a way to show you what it’s trying to sync, I used the Windows Sysinternals app ‘Process Monitor’ to see exactly what OneDrive was doing.

After launching Process Monitor, I searched for OneDrive, right-clicked the entry and selected “Include ‘OneDrive.exe’” from the drop-down. This filtered the list so only the OneDrive process entries were shown.

I found a lot of repeated references to telemetryCache and SyncEngine files, which I ignored, but the only file…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base