OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Sync

There needs to be an option to stop a file from syncing for people that have slow internet and don't want a large file on their OneDrive. OneDrive started uploading Office 2019 and it said that I ran out of space, so I deleted it on the web app, but I can't stop it from the windows version, as pictured. It has to finish uploading before it can remove it... I ended up having to upgrade to fit it, but I will be downgrading as soon as this fiasco is over.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Onedrive Sync notification pop-up or email for users

users OneDrive are not getting sync they should get notified through emails or pop-up message that OneDrive is not getting sync we need this to be implemented in all users machine through GPO or through any other way.

Basically sometime users won’t see there OneDrive and they are not aware of that OneDrive is not getting sync so is there a way to enable a notification for the users.

We don’t want to fix the issue as this is a new implementation we are trying off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. unlock limit chars application onedrive

is present limit 400 chars in synchronization and limit 255 with opening files. is it possible not put limits?
    When I open file over 255 chars exit popup with message not clear "file not found"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bad icon sincronized on folders with pending sincronization

In one-drive client, if a paren folder have some file with pending sincronization or with some file stored locally, it shouldn't show the cloud icon. It should show the pending or green check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adjusted locking time in OneDrive.Com

On using "Upload" command for large folders, especially on slow-uploading line connections, at any browser, the OneDrive locks, constantly. Please do consider the option to adjusted locking time even when OneDrive is used in browser This is extremely important in cases when one is locked out of MS account in the computer and needs to back up large user files in OneDrive and needs to enter two-step verification codes constantly after 20minutes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Признавайте Крым, не ебите мозга всему миру

Был в Крыму в июле, а у меня onedrive пишет - что это Украина. Что за херня? Крым давно уже Россия, спросите у Владимира Владимировича!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ********

******** Windows

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hy! Ifound mistake. I got the error message that the onedrive program can not update. I have W10 Pro, ver 1703. arvaizsoka@gmail.com

Hy! I found mistake. I got the error message that the onedrive program can not update. I have W10 Pro, ver 1703.
    Do somebody knows wy?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Files was deteted aotomatically by One Driver

Hello, yesterday I uploaded some files in One Driver from Windows, but this morning I surprised found that all files were deteted automatically, it is pretty weird, can you please investage and let me know why and who or which One driver delete these files? Now all files has been put back to One Driver by my colleague's help. Urgent! as this will affect my business. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a faster way to restore OneDrive files to a new computer.

I restored to the new computer from my backup (63gb of data) and now sync has been running for 3 days and is only at 15gb. It is ridiculous to have to sync them all over again. I saved my personal settings in my Microsoft Account, why is the sync not saved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option to open file location from synch issues dialog

I’d like an enhancement so that when the dialog displaying synch errors is open, an option is added that allows the user to click one of the files that’s having problems synching, and open it’s file location. Currently, the user must manually navigate in Windows Explorer to that file’s location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm only lamenting the loss of the old version

It just sucks that everytime I have to send someone a file from my business (uni) account I have to share the file and I can't just send it.
    It also terribly sucks that I can't find the stuff I saved on One Drive without opening the app. The interaction with the rest of Windows just worked WAY BETTER before this latest update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. it always crash after i chose the folder i want to sync with.

this problem occur after the update recently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i don't know gu

Guys I need some help about my windows phone /Microsoft account I restated my phone and. Now I don't know what can I do do create a new one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. QOS

Have the ability to designate a port that OneDrive would Sync on so that we could setup Quality Of Service for OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base