OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bring back homegroup

One Dive is a terrible Idea. Bring back homegroup as a networking tool for instant access to my files. Having to wait forever for uploading and downloading sucks. Homegroup was instant access, much better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Es ist eine Unverschämtheit

Es ist eine Unverschämtheit alles nur noch in Englisch abzuarbeiten. Schön, dass es Menschen gibt, die jeden Tag auf Neue beweise, wie toll und perfekt sie sind und dabei, weniger gebildeten Leuten mental auf der Seele herumtrampeln. Die Produkte von Microsoft werden zusehens komplizierter und menschenverachtender. Programme werden nur noch für Maschinen geschriben und der Mensch hat sich danach zu richten!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share all kinds of arquives impossible if it is a .html on OneDrive running On-line.

1- Turn possible to put online arquives .html and read them on-line too with Edge on Windows 10.

2- OnDrive don't need to use my HD drive to operate Off-line (Is possible?)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Steps on How To Free Up Space in Your OnDrive

OnDrive isn't user-friendly. I'm not finding clear steps or instructions for freeing up my OnDrive, only options to pay for more space. There ought to be a way to move data out of it for free and have the toolbar icon respond indicating it's been done. I've moved files out and I still have an indicator that my OnDrive is full and needs attention. It needs to be better defined and responsive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. stop buggin

i uninstalled it cuz i dont want it or use it so dont reinstall it and stop bugging please and thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 空文件夹的“状态”被标记为“云端”

如果是空文件夹,该文件夹及其父文件夹都会被标记为云端状态

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sell for 1 year at a time!

Don't want for more then one year.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unidad de disco duro para almacenar los archivos de OneDrive.

Sería de mucha utilidad que se permitiera elegir la unidad (de disco duro) en la que se desea almacenar los archivos de OneDrive. Y no deberían ser visibles los archivos si OneDrive no está iniciado con las credenciales correspondientes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ccweems@gmail.com

Provide some way to get out of Aisian language pages. I don't choose such pages but somehow you folk think I need (or understand) them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Choose folder to sync" not acting well

when I choose a fold not to sync, it will be deleted. But I still need it exists offline. So when I copy a offline version of the folder to the same place, OneDrive tried to syne it(even I told it not to sync with folder has this name!!!) and reporting sync faied: already have same folder online. That's it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. At least offer to skip if path is too long.

Moving a folder from dropbox to onedrive that contains a bunch of pluralsight(development examples) has turned into a nightmare

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fix update

and it keeps telling me to enter the password for the account "". It tells me that I'm trying to snyc an account that is different from the account requesting the sync, or something like that. suggest you fix this mess, because I have no idea how to enter the password for an account with a null name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set default sharing method

This suggestion is valid for OneDrive for Business on all platforms:
    99.9% of the time, I share links to files to people with existing access. it's highly teadious that the sharing dialog always defaults to "People you specify". Beeing able to have "People with existing access" as default (personal setting would be good) would save would save lots of repeating clicks everyday.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. pvk@telenet.be

Make sync "pesonal vault" possible when windows pc is encrypted by (company) bitlocker and recovery key is stored in AD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base