OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opt out of backup by category

Options should allow user to select file categories to be backed up on One Drive. I do not need photo backup and would like to opt out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sync kills everything super slow super high latancy it restores deleted files maybe a problem wich the steam sync ...

sync kills everything super slow super high latancy it restores deleted files maybe a problem wich the steam sync ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't Limit is useless

The Don't Limit for upload appears to be useless. When I use it. it will almost immediately kill my network connection. I have to reset my modem to get connectivity back.
    I realize that I'm asking to somehow limit the don't limit option. But there has to be someway to make this option usable. Otherwise you may as well rename it to "kill my internet connection"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make is faster or high quality

Make is faster smooth work and high quality save data

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copy File from the Task Tray Pop-Up

The left-click pop-up from OneDrive in the task tray is really cool. Listing the recent file activity is great. It then leads to wanting to be able to right-click on a file in the pop-up list and do various File Explorer operations with it. One obvious one is copying the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It seems the account need sign-in, but I have no way because it prompted my account was signed when I am adding account ! How to do?

It seems the account need sign-in, but I have no way because it prompted my account was signed when I am adding account ! How to do?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. a few features

More control over syncing(be able to pause and throttle it)
    A visual log of files being transferred
    Being able to stop the installation of office 365 version when you already have onedrive installed
    Better web UI on windows phone, transferring files from email to onedrive is too many steps - including having to enter your pin for each file. a better web UI, for moving files around your one drive, it should be easier

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow users to change the OneDrive folder directory

When you sign into OneDrive, it automatically creates the OneDrive storage directory on the main C:/ drive with Windows. Most new computers come with a small SSD and a large HDD for storage. I'd like to make the other drive where OneDrive stores data, not the C:/ drive. Please allow users to pick where OneDrive saves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Xampp and OneDrive folder problem

Xampp is needed to run websited locally in my OneDrive folder.
    The problem is that before May 2019 Update (or OneDrive update) php and sites inside OneDrive folder worked great... but now, it doesn't work anymore.
    Xampp only works with sites outside OneDrive folder!, but all my files are in OneDrive as I use the service for backuping all my files and sync across devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ONE Drive does not asking for PIN windows 10 os

One Drive saved all personal data from document, music, and picture but One Drive does not request to enter PIN code to open One Drive.

The feature is important because it help to secure file in OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option to disable the recyle bin

How about an option to enable or disable the recycle bin?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I paid my annual fee to get 1 Tb of storage, but I still get an alert that my one drive is full

Give me a connection to live help. I don't have time to browse through hundreds of forum posts where others vent their frustration with their issues

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An Alert To be Developed for PowerPoint Users (or any app) accessing a link on PC to a file on OneDrive

I had no internet and when I opened a file from OneDrive (supposedly), using Powerpoint on a laptop, the file opened and was working fine on it for a few hours with no internet. when Internet came, the file froze and some slides were lost. I suggest that users must get an alert from the beginning that the file will open only if internet is connected as it's from Onedrive. The alert can give users the option to work on the local copy instead of on onedrive online, with an immediate functionality to save as.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the delete circle bger please. And if one accidently hit the wrong spot on a picture you wanted to delete ask before a

Make the delete circle bigger/larger and don't have all of the previously checked boxes go away if you accidently touch the wrong portion of the picture. Ask if we wanted to perform this action or something of that nature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. drawboard read-only

When I use drawboard and have some change, but when i click the button of "Save" ,it showed : ACCESS Denied. The path is either read-only or locked by another application. I can't save files under the root of OneDrive . I tried to change the limit of file but it can't work. yeah,I need help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Folder restore didn't work properly.

This is a problem, but I didn't know how to post a problem.
    Due to a right-click mousing error, I accidentally deleted a folder containing about 4000 photo files. Paniced, I tried to look in my Deleted Files folder, but of course they weren't there. Remembering that I had a backup, I started copying them back. Then I got a OneDrive message saying it noticed I had deleted a lot of files, but could recover them. So I went to the recycle bin, selected them all, and asked for recovery. When done, I compared my backup files to the recovered…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sería bueno que a la aplicacion en pc, se le pudiera dar una contraseña, porque a veces es un pc compartido

Sería bueno que a la aplicacion en pc o mac, se le pudiera dar una contraseña, porque a veces es un pc compartido por lo que cuando uno quiera usar la aplicacion instalada, acceda con una contraseña de usuario, asi se mantiene la privacidad de mis archivos, como lo puedo hacer en mi movil, que es mas personal que un pc en el trabajo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base