OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive experience on Windows?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Plz delete OneDrive

plz i wanna never use this really bad. i cant explain my situation, because i cant speak english. plz dont sync my document plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

My important files are all gone. my project files are here in document location. sync is start all of my project folder and my folder storige are 15GB and aeufjhsofujhn

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only sync data during the ECN not over the internet.

This is not idea, when i am connecting my laptop with home wifi. it become dead slow and frequently hanging.

Please provide some easy setting to customize the sync option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. configure the maximum amount of the processor that the program can use.

configure the maximum amount of the processor that the program can use. I currently have more than 250G that are synchronized in one unit. The problem is that the program has reached 73% of the processor. the computer slows down, so I have to pause the synchronizatio

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 15gb file limit - autotranscoding

onedrive 15gb file size limit affects mainly old video files, MOV etc

if onedrive detects a file larger than 15gb it should look to convert the file(s) to a more modern standard, in this case MP4

the permissions to convert files on the fly would be given by the user/default

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Problem with OneDrive and PowerPoint

I upgraded to Office 365 and started using OneDrive about two months ago and since that time I am having a problem creating videos in PowerPoint. If I start creating a video in PowerPoint and open another PowerPoint file at the same time, the original PowerPoint file "forgets" where it was storing the video to and prompts me to re-enter the storage location. This problem has only happened since I started using OneDrive. I'm not sure if this is a OneDrive problem or a PowerPoint problem.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

In Microsoft PowerPoint initiate an export…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It takes so long time to download my file, and my net is't with any problem.

It takes so long time to download my file, and my net is't with any problem.I attached the printscreen picture.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync Broken

Opened Excel file stored on my hard drive's OneDrive folder and noticed it was not the latest version. Opened a backup of same file on my network drive, did my work on it, saved it. Then tried to copy over the latest network drive version of Excel file to OneDrive folder. It won't copy (replace) over the OneDrive file! Had to delete the OneDrive file, then copy over to it! OneDrive is not working correctly!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please to fix the fact that I have to regonfigure OneDrive Each time I delete a folder

Each time I delete a folder from OneDrive I have to reconfigure OneDrive. Not a big deal but very annoying indeed. Could you please fix it in the next update?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ich brauch keinen online speicher bitte stopen sie daS

ALLES WAS AUF MEINEM PC WAR IST MIT EINMAL VERSCHWUNDEN UND ICH KOMME DA NICHT MEHR RAN: WAS SOLL DAS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 设置软件或应用对OneDrive本地同步文件夹的访问权限,这个权限由用户控制。

设置软件或应用对OneDrive本地同步文件夹的访问权限,这个权限由用户控制。可以避免程序安装过程可能在同步文件夹下新建文件或文件夹。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. tb▽위 조 졸 업증명서위 조☀Two-piec@핫매일.com♥직거래/택배♥통장위조제작▽

▽위 조 졸 업증명서위 조☀Two-piec@핫매일.com♥직거래/택배♥통장위조제작▽가짜직거래업자들많습니다※주의하십시요※♥전화번호나카톡으로 광고하는곳에문의하시면 경찰조사받을확률상당히높습니다.▽통화기록/문자기록/카톡기록/계좌추적..등등으로 경찰수사들어가면 100% 조사대상 1순위 되십니다.

제작위 조 졸 업증명서위 조제작
    ♥Two-piec@핫매일.com♥
    제작통장위조제작제작
    ☞사기치며 일하지않는 정직한 .위.조전문 인쇄공장☜
    ☞직거래 / 택배거래 / 서울제작

▽사기치는 곳은 불안해서 직거래 절대 못합니다.
    ▽직거래 된다고 했다가 말 바꾸는 업자들 100% 사기꾼 입니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide the ability of add an existing online OndDrive folder to be added to the PC's OneDrive folder in Windows 10

I need a simple mechanism to add one or more folders which exist in my online OneDrive account to be added to the list of folders which are synched under the OneDrive folder on my laptop which is running Windows 10. The content in each added folder would, of course, be synchronized over all devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. cant delet folder, is not on my computer anymore. sync problems wiht one

cant delet folder, is not on my computer anymore. sync problems wiht one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Issue: Tray icon indicates errors on MS Office-generated filenames

The error indicator in the tray icon should ignore system-generated files, including temporary Office files. I had a perpetual "2 items can't be synched" message, but after clicking through to the report, it indicated All files are up to date." It took running the repair tool to discover that the only 2 files with issues were temporary MS-Office files, which use invalid chars in their naming ("~$<filename>.<ext>"). Once the repair tool renamed the files and the system was restarted, the tray icon returned to normal. A case was opened with PSS, who recommended reporting to UserVoice although this is a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BGC

Coffin hdcyyyssXcxycxxzxe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better Display

I would like to see two panels (like the old Norton Commender), with local files on the left & remote files on the right (or top/bottom). We (most of the people that I know, 90%) are confused about where files are. Also the full path needs to be displayed & copyable (in case it is too long). All those alias are confusing.

I do not know what do anymore. I am strongly thinking about switching everything to Apple iOS or downgrade to Windows 8 or maybe even XP???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. filter

OneDrive needs to have filtering for photos. Meaning I should be able to see what photos are already in albums and which ones aren't for organization purposes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base