OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Billing to include an option which increases storage size

I currently use the OneDrive Standalone 100GB, and I can foresee I will need to upgrade storage in the future, however the only schemes I see are WAAAY more expensive and include products I already own or do not need.

Add an option to increase billing by storage size only e.g. £1.99 * 100GB.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase the size limit for Excel files

Currently, the largest Excel file that can be opened in Excel Online is 5 MB. What year do you think this is, 1997?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bad italian (IT) translation for Account > Select folders

Bad Italian translation for OneDrive desktop app in Account > Select folders.
    "Scegli l'azione che vuoi che sia disponibile nella cartella OneDrive" means nothing and is wrong in Italian.
    It should be "Seleziona gli elementi da rendere disponibili nella tua cartella OneDrive"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 《※〃Z­V­Z­7­8­,C­0­M〃※》[12]스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트 스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트 스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트

v《※〃Z­V­Z­7­8­,C­0­M〃※》[12]스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트 스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트 스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트
    《※〃Z­V­Z­7­8­,C­0­M〃※》[12]스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트 스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트 스­포­츠­배­팅­사­이­트

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow more payment methods.

Only creditcard (or PayPal, which also requires a creditcard for verification) is ridiculous because they are expensive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. disbale personal vault.

There is this new 'feature' but I cannot delete it or disable it in the client. I did not sign up for it and it certainly was not requested. Intrusive ... but impossible to remove from the client!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share link

When preparing a share link for friends, we have "edit" the content of the link by default. It would be nicer to have "read only" by default. Most of the time share kink is for watching pictures.For security reasons, the friends should not be able to modify the content

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. One drive has a capacity and file quantity limitation. While the capacity is captured with a meter, the file quantity is not display on sto

Display a file number metrics in storage metrics.
    Onedrive has a quantity and size file limitation. Only size file limitation is displayed so far.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. need archives offline

need archives offline

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I hope we can choose if we need lock the personal vault

Hi, I'm a Chinese user. Today, I uploaded many files into my personal vault in Onedrive. But sync made me crazy. I had to stay before my laptop, so that I could unlock the personal vault as soon as it locked. I like to download all files in my disk, but when the personal vault is locked, all files will stop sync.

I want to know if I can choose to close auto-locking the personal vault . Or, can you give me a choose, auto-lock it after 1 hours, 2 hours......

really thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. synchronize in the background

While I am placed a lot of data in my One Dive folder One drives uses a lot of internet space. Other websites are loading very slow at the moment. I suggest you tot let work One Drive only in the background, when I am not using internet for other purposes. Have a look at Carbonite: that App/Backup does work so and it is very fine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. uninstall onedrive

how do you uninstall one drive.. i have no wish to put anything on the net.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Just put in a bloody checkbox in option so word files will automatically backup to onedrive.

That's pretty much it. Onedrive is currently clunky garbage. And this help **** makes me use the edge browser, which is also garbage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simple. Do not let ONEDRIVE take over my computer!

Do not let ONEDRIVE take over my computer! UPLOADING when it wants then ultimately MOVING MY FILES replacing it with a link AND NOW I CANNOT restore my computer back how it WAS! All I have is links where files used to be!. I DID NOT give you ANY PERMISSION to do this!!!! I don't even understand how your dumb app got on my computer. I WAS using Onedrive for simple office documents but after OneDrive went crazy backing up documents I will NEVER use again! Constantly complaining my 5 GB if filled up and UPGRADE when I didn't even…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base