OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Choose to ignore folders synchronized to OneDrive

Some folders are placed in OneDrive folders for ease of management, but do not want to synchronize to OneDrive,. You can choose to ignore folders synchronized to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. At dawn I like to upload files, could have an option after finalizing the upload off the computer.

At dawn I like to upload files, could have an option after finalizing the upload off the computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Android-like design and more iconography, not less.

Let's see who'll back me on this, I love iconography, and think that the ''image centric'' design was way more superior, and iconographic designs tend to be more feature-centric, plus it resebles the U.I. of ''Big Windows'' more.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Suppress the warning in Setting that says "back up important files to OneDrive" in Win10 2004

There is a very annoying warning in the homepage of the Setting app that goes away only when I allow OneDrive to backup my Document/Picture/Desktop folder. The problem is I don't want these folders to sync across all my computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More WARNINGS of bas side effects

I have 4 home computers I use for work, personal and extensive gaming. I got prompted to auto-protect my desktop, pictures, and document folders. I clicked yes on 2 of my computers and it scrambled gaming profiles and more, making all games on both computers unplayable. When I stopped the auto-protect all the files got erased from my computers leaving only the scrambled ones on OneDrive. Better choices and WARNINGS are needed before sending these kind of pop-up requests to users who may not understand the consequences of an auto-backup of primary folders on multiple computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shared Library access in onedrive app. like google drive file structure My Drive and Team drive

have Shared Library access on same place as OneDrive personal files. this will eliminate map drives or syncing team drive manually for every users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Increase # of characters in file folders 3-5 layers deep

Jpg files in folders 3-5 layers deep are restricted to 8 to 9 characters. As an Entomologist inspect jpg files are set up by genius and species and Scientific names are always greater than 8-9 characters. Must expand folder and file characters 3-5 layers deep greater than 8-9 characters. Recommend 50.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make OneDrive an opt-in feature of Windows, not the default

Discovered the presence of OneDrive after I bought a new PC from Dell. I didn't understand what it was doing at first, nor its purpose. After I figured it out, I wanted to remove it, as I do not use a smartphone, and even if I did, would never use it to edit documents or manage photos. Even with the help of a service technician, It took me a couple hours to figure out how to get rid of it. After first uninstalling, had to re-install, upload and re-sync everything, then unlink, delete all the files from OneDrive, and finally,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. pls add more features

Pls add more features to one drive app on windows 10 mobile like android app u have added pls extend support for windows 10 mobile pls don't kill windows 10 mobile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consider testing your software before you ship it.

The synch task just fails multiple times a day with no errors or warnings. Sometimes my data is there, other times it's not.

I remember when Microsoft used to take other people's ideas and made them more usable; Onedrive has taken the dropbox concept and made a right hash of it. Awful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. put a password lock to the application settings.

For onedrive desktop app, I wanted to have a password lock for the settings. Or at least have an option to lock it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I never want to use OneDrive. Stop forcing it on me in Windows 10!!!!! STOP PLEASE

I never want to use OneDrive. Stop forcing it on me in Windows 10!!!!! STOP PLEASE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. broken by bitdefender, now cannot reinstall ???

HELP! It sort of reinstalled but i cannot login with my account, there is no option to?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When uninstalling OneDrive it should also remove the Icon (link, pin) from Explorer

This would prevent an ugly error message, when the user decides to delete the onedrive folder after he uninstalled the program.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive is missing in my business one drive

Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive is missing in my business one drivei

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 开机时间过长,无法同步

电脑开机时间一长,onedrive就无法同步,做出了更改,一直处于同步状态,任务栏则显示为已为最新。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Your Product SUCKS, switching back to Dropbox.

Fix your sh!t, tired of files not syncing, Dropbox always works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base