OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I did not get the weekend recap from the past 2 weeks, the last recap that I got, was about 11 Nov - 14 Nov 2016 after that I got nothing.

I did not get the weekend recap from the past 2 weeks, the last recap that I got, was about 11 Nov - 14 Nov 2016 after that I got nothing.also, I checked the setting - notifications but the notification was checked but don't get the recap, I usually uploaded pictures from my OneDrive mobile app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. cannot login in via onedrive pc app

cannot login in via onedrive pc app for sereval days

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 总是自动重启安装更新怎么办,我不想重启更新要怎么设置。

总是自动重启安装更新怎么办,我不想重启更新要怎么设置。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use of links in file manager

Please return the capability to place file links instead of instead of file copies in file manager. It significantly eases the complexity of keeping all your files readily accessible in file manager when local storage is limited.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I pause OneDrive I can't cancel the pause

I have a problem. I paused OneDrive for 2 hours and when I right click on the OneDrive button there is no "resume synchronizing" button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ok

OK how do I work this

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Выбор места на ПК для синхронизации (на С - нет достаточного места)

Как выбрать место для папки синхронизации на ПК? (на диске С у меня недостаточно будет места)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make OneDrive more user friendly for personal users who have limited download and upload allowances from their internet providers.

Make it easy to turn OneDrive syncing on and off directly from desktop so that it STAYS off for as long as the user wants it to stay off and syncs only when the user turns it back on. It's too complicated to find all the places where I have to uncheck or turn off things so that my limited up and down load allowance from my satellite internet provider won't be eaten up by syncing things I don't need or want to have synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 'We can't access your OneDrive folder' should have a dimiss/exit button

If the onedrive storage location is temporarily unavailable (i.e. in an unmounted encrypted partition) the dialog box that pops up is always on top and has no way to dismiss it.

It gives two options 'Try again' and 'Set up OneDrive'.

Because the directory it is looking for is in a bitlocked partition which I don't always need to unlock, I have to deal with this annoying message every time I start my computer and can't simply dismiss the dialog without unlocking the partition. Dropbox offers an 'exit' option for the same case.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If there are multiple onedrive accounts, allow the user to choose the default on opening, and also allow an account to be removed.

If there are multiple Onedrive accounts, allow the user to choose the default on opening, and also allow an account to be removed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLEASE GET RID OF THE AWFUL SHARE SCREENSHOT SIDEBAR THAT WONT STOP POPPING UP

Just get rid of it. Or make an easy way to disable it. It's a ridiculous hassle that has no point. And every forum I've looked at has no solution to the problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. What's the trick?

I bought a HDD Seagate. Especially when I heard about the campaign together with the OneDrive /
    On the Seagate site contains lies, deception.
    Is there a file size limitation for uploading to OneDrive?

"There is currently a 10GB file size limitation."
    However, only the support files to 2GB.
    What's the trick?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. es gibt ein problem nämlich dass das synchronisieren zeichen nicht weggeht

es gibt ein problem nämlich dass das synchronisieren zeichen nicht weggeht

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Upload and download rates scheuling

The onedrive could have an upload rate schedule. For example, between 7AM and 7PM, limit to XX KBPS. Among other schedules, without limit.
    Or.. return the old limiter.. paused during XX hours.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an option to disable the recyle bin

How about an option to enable or disable the recycle bin?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to set the order or priority of upload

Some times when i have some files uploading i would like to set the order or priority of load

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You're all set??? What the heck!

Before when I would click on the cloud icon it would tell me "updated 5 seconds ago." Now it just says "You"re all Set." What does that mean? That does not tell me anything! Please change it back so I can find out WHEN my files were updated. That message "youre all set" is totally useless could have been left over from yesterday! Why change something that worked before???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base