OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive Virus

It would be greatly appreciated if this virus “OneDrive” was only included in windows on request, it is along with so many other useless frustrating features a stressful pain in the neck!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Since the Anniversary Update One doesn't doesn't sign in

Possibility to uninstall and reinstall manually, or to sign in manually

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MAKE THE SIGN IN EXPIRATION FOR ONE DRIVE MORE OBVIOUS

Currently OneDrive sign in expires with NO notice, NO visible icons, nothing. I need to check if the AutoSave button has turned on OFF to make sure it is signed in.
    Just prompt a sign-in request automatically as soon as the old one expires, like you do for Outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. P

M

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop spamming about OneDrive for a phone in Windows Explorer

Multiple times I have opened Windows Explorer it has had a banner telling me that I can use OneDrive on a phone.

I have acknowledge the banner clicking on its X. I have attempted the selection of the other buttons to see if that will stop.

I did not find any settings in OneDrive application to disable. I am not sure if Windows Settings has an option to control this banner.

I actually do use OneDrive on my phone....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reset the sync due to weak connection

Sometimes OneDrive freezes the sync due to a weak Internet connection (for instance 0.2 Mbit/s) and can't restart the sync again. Will be good if the software can detect that the sync stopped and restart the connection automatically after each 5-10 min. Right now, I am doing this manually: each 15-20 min the software stop the sync and I have to make Pause and Resume.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Video file

Always take a long time to upload the video file please improve it it. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Over Limit Message

ISSUE: Message states I am over.. States I have used 8GB of 15GB.. so how am I over my limit?

Please rectify the space checking algorithm....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. En castellano por fabor

La ayuda está en inglés y yo soy argentino

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the icon when Onedrive tries to connect

When OneDrive tries to connect, the icon appears white with a loading sign on the side. But usually a white cloud means that Onedrive is connected. So you would have to put a grey cloud with a loading icon when Onedrive tries to connect. It would be more understandable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please. Make it possible for me to stop syncing temporarily

Please. Make it possible for me to stop syncing temporarily.
    My Internet is slow when onedrive sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. STOP F****ING STEALING FOCUS WHEN I TAKE SCREENSHOTS IN VIDEOGAMES

I'm playing a game. I want to continue playing the game. I take a screenshot. OneDrive (and now Dropbox) "helpfully" steal the focus to show some stupid dialog asking if I want to save it. Well, when you ask that way... NO, NEVER.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. πιπιλα

γφυξυ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Certain File Sync

As of today, OneDrive syncs every file on your computer to OneDrive. It would be nice if you can make certain files NOT sync to OneDrive to not fill up all the space on OneDrive. I think this would be an awesome feature, so please add this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Two computers/One Account

I have a personal laptop and a business one. They do not share files. The problem is that standard Windows folders such as Documents, Pictures, Desktop, etc. on the two laptops can't be saved separately, unless I rename those folders one one of the laptops. I haven't tried that, but I'll bet the operating system would have problems with that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Onedrive Business Vianet Problem

I have a Onedrive Business Vianet account.But OneDrive always uses microsoft onedirve account to login.It causes that Onedrive cant find my account successfully and cant login.Could you fix it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lock the developers of Personal Vault into it and lose the key

1. Question: if the vault provides security - are you saying that the rest of OneDrive stored info in insecure?

2. Nobody asked if I wanted it or needed it. What I did need was security of my family's personal files stored on my OneDrive in the folder (obviously inappropriately) called Personal. Said folder has now disappeared taking all data stored with it. But I do have the Personal Vault now. With nothing in it. Fantastic. Many thanks. Much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Global Tags and Color labelling of files and folders

It's a huge leap of faith, but I think it's high time Microsoft sets again some universal standards. Given the diversity of devices and platforms, OneDrive could appeal to a wider audience by reflecting on techniques used by other cloud providers when processing tags and labels from other OS. Until now, there has been a trade-off when implementing solutions for displaying own and other's features. But competition not always benefits the consumers. Sooner or later, one system will pravail over others. MS could straighaway bridge the differences between xattrs and altstream and so on, and by doing so, simplify the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If I can view my pictures on OneDrive in a slideshow, why can't I play my music files stored on OneDrive the same way?

I've stored all of my music files on OneDrive but I can't play them continuously. I want a "slideshow"-style ability for my music. Now, I have to select Next if I want to play the next song.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base