OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need my working folder in my name as the default folder for the one drive

I cant decide now a working folder of mine as the default folder for the one drive, I want a folder on my name as the default folder of Onedrive

So that I dont have to copy paste end of teh each day, it comes with annoying
    Ondrive <company name>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have a suggestion. How about you make onedrive work on Windows 10? I have tried all solutions, and I am tired of Onedrive freezing!!!

So, I would expect OneDrive to work flawless on PC Windows, and for my surprise, it works on my Mac, on my ipad, but not in my Windows 10. Simply useless, freezes every time. I have tried everything, from installing again to other options. What a piece of ****!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Restore Backed-Up Files to Corresponding User Folders on New PC

After signing into the OneDrive App on a new Windows 10 PC, it should give the option to restore (download) previously synced Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders to the corresponding local user profile folders on the new computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. remove one drive not signed in message

Is it necessary to have the message, "OneDrive not signed in" when your 30 day token expires? Can we eliminate this message so that the login screen appears instead of this message? Kind of redundant if you ask me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. there is no privacy in OneDrive, anyone who takes my Lumia or Laptop could see what i have in this cloud, useless !!!

there is no privacy in OneDrive, anyone who takes my Lumia or Laptop could see what i have in this cloud, useless !!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am unable to disable the OneDrive Popup window. It keeps appearing und I would like to deactivate it.

I am unable to disable the OneDrive Popup window. It keeps appearing und I would like to deactivate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dark theme

Can you please add a setting that can turn the screen dark? It might be bad for my eyes if the screen is too bright.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please Bring Placeholders Back in Windows Explorer as an Advanced Option

I am shocked you have removed this fantastic feature from Onedrive! I put all my files into onedrive and paid the monthly premium for Office due to this option alone.

After this, I upgraded my laptop to a new one with a small SSD as there was no need for the physical space anymore. Now you bring out a new OS and cripple the best feature of the onedrive service?? If I wanted dropbox I would buy dropbox! I'm now crippled in my workflow having to use a virtual machine just to manage my files again. The web app works…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. синхронизации.

Сделайте клавишу синхронизации. Я закинул файл в папку облака на пк, но нет синхронизации. и как я его увижу на других устройствах? Бред

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Process priority into admx

Could you please add process priority option into admx, setting onedrive process to low really help to make computer responsive again and stop crashing without increasing the sync time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. לא מצליח להפעיל את ווינדוס 10

מקבל הודעה שווינדוס לא מופעל מבקש עזרה בהקדם תודה.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 总是自动重启安装更新怎么办,我不想重启更新要怎么设置。

总是自动重启安装更新怎么办,我不想重启更新要怎么设置。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 停止备份后会删除本地桌面文件,建议改进

停止备份后会删除本地桌面文件,建议改进

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Anyone using my PC will be able to access all my files thru Settings/ Choose folders. Better if the app prompt password for "Choose Folder".

Anyone using my PC will be able to access all my Onedrive files and folders thru Settings/ Choose folders. Better if the app prompt password for "Choose Folder".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Debería tener la opción de NO abrir la carpeta onedrive cada vez que inicio el equipo.

Debería tener la opción de NO abrir la carpeta onedrive cada vez que inicio el equipo.
    Es muy molesto estar trabajando y que de pronto se abra, no he encontrado la forma para que NO se ejecute esa carpeta cada vez que inicio sesión en windows (Windows 10 Pro x64)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable feature to disable/grayed out "Quit onedrive" from system tray for all domain users

Onedrive should have this feature in place so that admin can prevent users to quit Onedrive domain wise and let it sync continuously as sometimes user intentionally click on quit one drive if they find it annoying due to some error and forget to launch again .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base