OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Leave me be

I appreciate letting me know that my one drive is almost full, i really, do, but telling me 30 times a day constantly popping up every time I open my laptop telling me to buy more storage is ridiculous. I can not figure out how to stop these pop ups but the fact of the matter is that it should not be happening in the first place. Let me enjoy my Windows laptop and not send all these pop ups my way just so you can try to make that extra dollar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPEED PROFILE

Often i set speed limit to 1kb for uploading download,because we usally like to save file immidately , so i set speed for 1 kb ,so that only latest file could get upload in case i change it again after opening, Now somtimes when things are browser related i need again immidate speed to upload download button , either it would be greet to have diffrent speed profile near pause sync button, or just a bbutton for no network limit until on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. poner nueva opcion en el menu

no todos tienen una conexion de alta velocidad
    asi que sugiero poner en el menu la opcion de elegir el maximo numero de archivos que se suben de forma simultanea

es necesario para liberar la tensión de la red y agilizar el proceso

por ejemplo hoy puse en mi nube 10 vídeos y en lugar de subirlo uno por uno intento subir los 10 al mismo tiempo se paso toda la noche y no subió nada congestiono mi servicio de red

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive Virus

It would be greatly appreciated if this virus “OneDrive” was only included in windows on request, it is along with so many other useless frustrating features a stressful pain in the neck!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since the Anniversary Update One doesn't doesn't sign in

Possibility to uninstall and reinstall manually, or to sign in manually

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back Video Thumbnails!!!

Not only have you removed video thumbnails for files on demand, but even files that are kept on local drives no longer show thumbnails if they’re in the OneDrive folder. That’s ridiculous, and a huge productivity problem for video editors!! BRING BACK VIDEO THUMBNAILS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MAKE THE SIGN IN EXPIRATION FOR ONE DRIVE MORE OBVIOUS

Currently OneDrive sign in expires with NO notice, NO visible icons, nothing. I need to check if the AutoSave button has turned on OFF to make sure it is signed in.
    Just prompt a sign-in request automatically as soon as the old one expires, like you do for Outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. P

M

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. commi tsuicide you worthless onedrivemaking *****

just make something like dropbox, you already had a perfect example and you it up horrible dipshit retards smacking keyboards and then trying to charge people for it and force it on us **

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop spamming about OneDrive for a phone in Windows Explorer

Multiple times I have opened Windows Explorer it has had a banner telling me that I can use OneDrive on a phone.

I have acknowledge the banner clicking on its X. I have attempted the selection of the other buttons to see if that will stop.

I did not find any settings in OneDrive application to disable. I am not sure if Windows Settings has an option to control this banner.

I actually do use OneDrive on my phone....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reset the sync due to weak connection

Sometimes OneDrive freezes the sync due to a weak Internet connection (for instance 0.2 Mbit/s) and can't restart the sync again. Will be good if the software can detect that the sync stopped and restart the connection automatically after each 5-10 min. Right now, I am doing this manually: each 15-20 min the software stop the sync and I have to make Pause and Resume.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Video file

Always take a long time to upload the video file please improve it it. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Over Limit Message

ISSUE: Message states I am over.. States I have used 8GB of 15GB.. so how am I over my limit?

Please rectify the space checking algorithm....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. En castellano por fabor

La ayuda está en inglés y yo soy argentino

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the icon when Onedrive tries to connect

When OneDrive tries to connect, the icon appears white with a loading sign on the side. But usually a white cloud means that Onedrive is connected. So you would have to put a grey cloud with a loading icon when Onedrive tries to connect. It would be more understandable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please. Make it possible for me to stop syncing temporarily

Please. Make it possible for me to stop syncing temporarily.
    My Internet is slow when onedrive sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. STOP F****ING STEALING FOCUS WHEN I TAKE SCREENSHOTS IN VIDEOGAMES

I'm playing a game. I want to continue playing the game. I take a screenshot. OneDrive (and now Dropbox) "helpfully" steal the focus to show some stupid dialog asking if I want to save it. Well, when you ask that way... NO, NEVER.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. πιπιλα

γφυξυ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Two computers/One Account

I have a personal laptop and a business one. They do not share files. The problem is that standard Windows folders such as Documents, Pictures, Desktop, etc. on the two laptops can't be saved separately, unless I rename those folders one one of the laptops. I haven't tried that, but I'll bet the operating system would have problems with that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Onedrive Business Vianet Problem

I have a Onedrive Business Vianet account.But OneDrive always uses microsoft onedirve account to login.It causes that Onedrive cant find my account successfully and cant login.Could you fix it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base